PDA

View Full Version : Watch your sales !!!!!!!!

Pappy
02-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Guys, with the economy so bad, there is a ton of rip off's taking place online. There is not much we can do to help control teh situation except add names to the black list in the Trader Feedback section.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=39

Please Please Please....take precautions when buying online. Have the parts shipped COD and inspect them before signing for them. There has been a rash of deals where by the seller offers up aftermarket parts and ships stock junk. And paypal isnt helping because they show a part being delivered and its yoru word against the sellers.

It may take a few extra minutes for both parties, and it may even cost you a dollar or two to go teh COD route, but its the only sure fire way you can garuntee you get what you paid for.

Take a second also to run the sellers name through the search box located at the bottom fo the Trader Feedback section and see if it comes up good or bad.

Also, get as much info as you can before sending any money. Name, address, phone numbers etc.

Be safe out there please!

Honda5
02-08-2009, 05:43 AM
I'm not sure about USPS or FedEx but UPS won't let you inspect the contents of a package befor signing for it. (unless you are in good with him/her) because if they open any package or let you they can be fired and as with most people they are taking their job security a little more seriously. Just like pappy said do your research on the seller.

Pappy
02-13-2009, 06:25 AM
Open them! I asked my UPS and FED Ex drivers yesterday and both stated they had no issue with it! Do all you can, you dont want to pay $250 for a box of bricks!

Both drivers did say that if a driver says you have to sign first, to open it regardless while the driver is there. The driver will note on the package info he has to enter the contents of its an obvious fraud. Both were also aware of the scams and stated its wide spread and not just atv parts related.

gbcap
02-13-2009, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
Open them! I asked my UPS and FED Ex drivers yesterday and both stated they had no issue with it! Do all you can, you dont want to pay $250 for a box of bricks!

Both drivers did say that if a driver says you have to sign first, to open it regardless while the driver is there. The driver will note on the package info he has to enter the contents of its an obvious fraud. Both were also aware of the scams and stated its wide spread and not just atv parts related.

you are NOT allowed to open a package for ANY carrier before paying for it.

do the second thing...open it WHILE they are still there so you have another witness....you can then refuse the shipment and it goes back to the seller as it came to you. There is no cost for return shipping to the buyer and paypal can verify thru UPS, USPS, fedex etc that the package was not tampered with or parts exchanged.

the other option is to have it delivered to a UPS store (alot of staples or office depots have them) and they can do the same thing for you.