PDA

View Full Version : Comments on Faast co's Flex bars?

EthansDad
02-04-2009, 07:36 PM
I'm wonding if anyone has any impressions on these bars for mini quads. Ethan got a sponsership offer for a whopping 10% off of these $300+ handles bars and I'm trying to figure out if its really worth it on a mini quad. We recently upgraded to fox shoxs, and rider fatigue seems to be good, but more is better, right??

just wondering if anyone has made the investment on a 50-70cc and seen any differance. If anyone has made the plung, what model/size fits best with Drr's.

Thanks,

-EA

hotquads1
02-04-2009, 07:43 PM
the "mini tall" is the best fit for the DRR. Turbo had them on his 70 and liked them fine but never complained about the 50 which did not have them . The only draw back to them is the weight several pounds more than stock. They also require a riser conversion kit(they are larger diameter than stock) , thats another 40$.

marc

snowbalz
02-04-2009, 08:01 PM
I use them on my YFZ450 and love them for my style riding, but I am in the over 40 club and need all the help I can get.

As for the little guys if they are not jumping high or ripping over the whoops, I would save your money. It would be better spent on a good pair of shocks or a steering damper. Like Marc said they are heavy and they require more mods to the stem. JMO

NSTIG8R
02-04-2009, 08:52 PM
May be a bit much for the little guys. I have the lightest elastomers on my sons and he doesn't budge them.

May want to hold off and see what the Soft Bars turn out like.
They are geared more towards the youth riders.
Should be trying a set here soon. Can post pics of the differences between them once we get them set up.

neveready
02-05-2009, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by NSTIG8R
May be a bit much for the little guys. I have the lightest elastomers on my sons and he doesn't budge them.

If you loosen the bolts a few turns you would find alot of movment, we run them on all of our minis and LOVE them. We set them up a little stiff at first then as they get used to the flex we loosen them up about a quarter turn at a time.

We have the blue elastomers in and get plenty of movement, just like anything else, they have to be set for each rider and adjusted properly to get the best performance and comfort.

QuadJunkies
02-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by neveready
If you loosen the bolts a few turns you would find alot of movment, we run them on all of our minis and LOVE them. We set them up a little stiff at first then as they get used to the flex we loosen them up about a quarter turn at a time.

We have the blue elastomers in and get plenty of movement, just like anything else, they have to be set for each rider and adjusted properly to get the best performance and comfort.

Same here.
I think another deciding factor too is alot on the riders need,there may or may not be a need for the upgrade for each rider and such things as XC or MX riding.My Son complained alot about wrist pain and while alot of that went away on the suspension changes, the bars too helped and I feel were a good upgrade.I consider that part of suspension and anything that can be added to make the quad and rider handle better and safer .

We ran them on the big quads and simply love them.

marsrace2
02-05-2009, 11:24 AM
what are the Soft Bars and does anyone have info on them?

quadscrib
02-05-2009, 12:10 PM
I use FLEXX bars on my YFZ for MX and LOVE THEM!! I personally have to say that I cant flex my bushings even when I press on the bars but I definatly know they work when I ride, in fact am surprised how well they work.
BTW the "elastometers" are skateboard truck bushings and the options are limitless.
I swithed from pro-taper fat bars to the flex bars during a practice day and the difference was definate.

zach R 7x
02-05-2009, 04:58 PM
the soft bars are being made by
ATV FOUR PLAY .
you can view them on their website[atvfourplay.com]
i have seen both of them, and they are both great bars, but the soft bars are designed for kids ,and are easier to adjust than the flex bars[jmo] . i do believe they are cheaper too.

riding4fun
02-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by quadscrib
I use FLEXX bars on my YFZ for MX and LOVE THEM!! I personally have to say that I cant flex my bushings even when I press on the bars but I definatly know they work when I ride, in fact am surprised how well they work.
BTW the "elastometers" are skateboard truck bushings and the options are limitless.
I swithed from pro-taper fat bars to the flex bars during a practice day and the difference was definate.

Good to know.

NSTIG8R
02-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by neveready

I've used them for years and our entire adult XC team uses them as well so I am aware of the adjustments. Just saying for my son who is 6 and weighs 50-lbs, they are not that functional even adjusted with the blue inserts. Maybe in the future though. Each person wil have to decide whether they are worth the $.

EthansDad
02-05-2009, 07:14 PM
good info all, thanks. I see some real fans of Faast, but as I suspected, more for the big guys, not so much for the little ones. My riders 55lbs or so.

I checked out fourplay, interestingly, the link to their "softbars" is a dead end, and they have some press releases about what they think about Faast co sueing them over copy right infrengment. oh well, so much for cheaper "soft bars" - the lawyers win. Reminds me of what Leatt Brace did to all up an comers for a while.

ikuzus450
02-05-2009, 10:15 PM
i have them on my sons drr 90 with a anti vibe stem the work but with the added weight or just now noiticed the sterring stem seens to have a lot more flex i guess i need to get a support for the stem.

T@AFP
02-06-2009, 07:36 AM
Not so fast EthansDad.

We took it off our site last night because we're introducing the newer version hopefully today. Please be patieNT.

THIS IS NOT INTENDED AS ADVERTISING PURPOSES.

Originally posted by EthansDad
good info all, thanks. I see some real fans of Faast, but as I suspected, more for the big guys, not so much for the little ones. My riders 55lbs or so.

I checked out fourplay, interestingly, the link to their "softbars" is a dead end, and they have some press releases about what they think about Faast co sueing them over copy right infrengment. oh well, so much for cheaper "soft bars" - the lawyers win. Reminds me of what Leatt Brace did to all up an comers for a while.

zach R 7x
02-06-2009, 08:37 AM
Tom, glad to see you got all the legal stuff worked out , i know you will have great success with the soft bars . they are a great product and you definitly did your homework on them.
i know we will be buying a set soon.

etondaddy
02-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by zach R 7x
Tom, glad to see you got all the legal stuff worked out , i know you will have great success with the soft bars . they are a great product and you definitly did your homework on them.
i know we will be buying a set soon.
Yea we will have a set before the end of the year........hey Tom Kyle would be a great test dummy........lol

Mike Kozura

EthansDad
02-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Good to hear the lawyers are not sucking you dry! :D from what I've heard the softbars seem more mini-quad friendly. looking forward to seeing what you're coming up with next. If you need a ATVA mini test pilot, just let us know.