PDA

View Full Version : i need some help on racing

cmaxx
02-04-2009, 04:28 PM
ok so im gonna start racings this year it will be my first year racing.im gonna do the koontz series.what do i need to do to get ready for them?and any tips on how to set me quad up?thanks for any help you can give me.

cmaxx
02-04-2009, 05:03 PM
oh yea by the way its XC.

03pete
02-04-2009, 05:04 PM
Can you do that with a 480 kit installed?

cmaxx
02-04-2009, 05:07 PM
um i never really thought of that.but do you know if i can or not?

BlaineKaiser450
02-04-2009, 05:16 PM
id put nerf bars, skid plates, and a tether on

BuB400
02-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Remember to have fun and bring a big wallet.

XCRacer236
02-04-2009, 05:58 PM
you can do XC with the 480, but a big waste. its a long race so just remember to BREATH, use your HEAD, move over for faster riders, be SMOOTH, take your time, and HAVE FUN!

for the quad, skid plates, tether, steering dampener, and 6-ply tires!

JackA450r
02-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Suspension, Suspension, Suspension...With a bigger motor like that it will wear someone out on stock suspension. And yeah, you can run that motor only prohibited for Pros. When faster guys pass you watch them, try and keep up and learn from them. :macho If your racing C class just stay smooth and consistent. If they go a faster pace, dont try and keep up because all most all will wear out and the smooth and steady person who doesnt make mistakes will pass them all:devil:

woodsracer882
02-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by JackA450r
Suspension, Suspension, Suspension...With a bigger motor like that it will wear someone out on stock suspension. And yeah, you can run that motor only prohibited for Pros. When faster guys pass you watch them, try and keep up and learn from them. :macho If your racing C class just stay smooth and consistent. If they go a faster pace, dont try and keep up because all most all will wear out and the smooth and steady person who doesnt make mistakes will pass them all:devil:

^^ Good avice right there!!

cmaxx
02-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Suspension, Suspension, Suspension...With a bigger motor like that it will wear someone out on stock suspension. And yeah, you can run that motor only prohibited for Pros. When faster guys pass you watch them, try and keep up and learn from them. :macho If your racing C class just stay smooth and consistent. If they go a faster pace, dont try and keep up because all most all will wear out and the smooth and steady person who doesnt make mistakes will pass them all:devil: THANKS FOR THE GREAT ADVICE MAN!!AND YEA IM GONNA RACE C CLASS.

DO YOU RACE KOONTZ?

JackA450r
02-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Used too. But now I am a pitman for Brent Sturdivant. I will see you around!:D

Pappy
02-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Used too. But now I am a pitman for Brent Sturdivant. I will see you around!:D

Its because youre a big sissy:eek: :devil:

koontz = better have your **** together because his courses will brutalize any machine that isnt 100% ready to go!

JackA450r
02-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Yeah Yeah Pappy. I am back in college now so its to hard to keep up with my own racing. Engineering is a tough Major!!:grr: Don told me you and Cody came in and went hunting with Brandon:eek2: . How did that turn out hahaha? I will see you at the races.:devil:

Pappy
02-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Haha yeah we did have a great time!

You keep your face buried inthe books, it will pay you more then racing ever will...but glad to hear you will still be at the track!