PDA

View Full Version : full race yfz450 vs full racey fz450r i will stay with my 06

florentino
02-04-2009, 03:58 PM
30 lbs or so its to much , vs the old sure its wide and f.e. but i theres a pro i know he has them both and hes better on the older yamaha.. yes its better stock vs stock i know that..
i also on the r the suspencion its way too stiff..
what do you guys think?

griffin32
02-04-2009, 04:22 PM
i love my yfz450r so much more than the old one it turns like a dream and has great throttle response and the shocks are perfect stock just backed my prelod off 2 clicks and i was set

jersey devil
02-04-2009, 06:03 PM
Hey they are all good.Just a matter of preference and dollars.
I like my 09 450r also.Lot of power,great throttle response and the ability to tune the shocks in right from the get go.Wider and can feel the stabilty from that mod also.
So new doesn't mean best or fastest but it sure is nice.No complaints here.Will make some performance mods and not because it needs it but that adrenalin rush of going faster when next to your buddy is what its all about.
Good luck in you choice and ride hard!

700bRad
02-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Have you compressed the R's shocks yet by hand? they are plush as a water bed. The factory setting's on the R's are alittle stiff, but the old YFZ's shocks was like trying to land a trash can.

400grl
02-04-2009, 08:33 PM
Whoever said the YFZR shocks are stiff is full of...uh.....haha

I'm about 130.....my R suspension is awesome!!! You can adjust these shocks all around, and mine are backed way off on everything - it's perfect for me. I dare say these shocks are better than my longtravel setup I had on my old race YFZ. Simply amazing for stock.....and how they got a single rate spring to feel so good is beyond me!

daddio
02-05-2009, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
[...and how they got a single rate spring to feel so good is beyond me! [/B]

It's not really a single rate spring.
The stock spring is progressively wound, so that the more you compress it, the stiffer it get's.

csr250r
02-05-2009, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by daddio
It's not really a single rate spring.
The stock spring is progressively wound, so that the more you compress it, the stiffer it get's.

Ohilins has been doing that with their shocks for years.