PDA

View Full Version : can am dealer will not help me with my limp mode

florentino
02-04-2009, 03:39 PM
my quad its on limp mode.. i told the dealer if they could raise the temp .. !!! they said no!!! they dont know that this is a regular problem .. i put engine ice, holes in the tank, fan always on..
what do you guys do when you get limp mode.. my does not go away,.
also i check my spark plugs and one its good ... the other its like not burning fuel.. are the aftermarket radiators any good?

nvrpmx
02-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Can-am not helping or your dealer. Call motoworks and ask for race team they can tell you what they did.

WarBirdMech
02-04-2009, 07:23 PM
unless they are too lazy to hook it up to BUDS idk why they cant help you.

that should tell them more than enough to fix it

BSTURDIVANT
02-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Replace the spark plug boot on the plug that is not firing.
Will act like limp mode even when engine is cold!

WesDS450X
02-05-2009, 12:46 PM
I havent had a single problem with overheating, and my header pipe as been glowing red before lol, i even took of the radeator gaurd up front just because i only ride sand and i never ride in teh rain so dont really gotta worry about anything. and im usly riding 8-12 hours none stop WOT

hotshotgoal30
02-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by WesDS450X
I havent had a single problem with overheating, and my header pipe as been glowing red before lol, i even took of the radeator gaurd up front just because i only ride sand and i never ride in teh rain so dont really gotta worry about anything. and im usly riding 8-12 hours none stop WOT

how did your header glow? mne has never. i seen other quads with glowing headers but never my DS. i thought it was because it was stainless it wouldnt unless it was really, really hot?

WesDS450X
02-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Well the only time i stop for riding is to piss/****/eat real fast+refuel, During the winter time it doesnt glow at all but during them hot summer days of 100+dagree's it likes to glow =]

joeyds450x
02-06-2009, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by WesDS450X
Well the only time i stop for riding is to piss/****/eat real fast+refuel, During the winter time it doesnt glow at all but during them hot summer days of 100+dagree's it likes to glow =]

on all you videos on youtube ur never riding always taping and ur ds is just sitting there

cowchaser
02-07-2009, 03:45 PM
Hi Florintino I ride for the Australian X Team. We have had that problem over here. The standard 'limp home' setings were way to conservtive for Australian conditions on the early 08 models up to a certain VIN number that your dealer can confirm.
The later setting is something like 8 degrees higher and also allows 7000rpm limp instead of 5500rpm.

florentino
02-08-2009, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by cowchaser
Hi Florintino I ride for the Australian X Team. We have had that problem over here. The standard 'limp home' setings were way to conservtive for Australian conditions on the early 08 models up to a certain VIN number that your dealer can confirm.
The later setting is something like 8 degrees higher and also allows 7000rpm limp instead of 5500rpm.

thanks for your help... i do know that but my dealer has no idea..