PDA

View Full Version : upgrade fuel injection?

raptorkid
02-04-2009, 03:35 PM
do i need to get an optimizer fuel thing if i get a hmf sport slip on pipe?
for a raptor 700

jersey devil
02-04-2009, 05:46 PM
Some say that with the electronic fuel injection the computer will adjust for it.I would want to be able to adjust and make sure my tune is right for any mods I make.Especially a pipe.We are talking a possible lean or rich factor.
I'am sure many will write in and say they have put pipes on and it rips with nothing done.So now you have chocolate and vanilla.If you want the bang for your bucks and want your quad tuned right I'd look into it a little further.I myself have ordered a Dynatek commander but I intend to make many mods so I will have the ability to tune and adjust.If you are only going with a pipe some pipe companies have accessories you can purchase to plug into your quads computer and adjust for such a change.Make your choice?
It is good you are asking questions.Never feel any question is dumb.We all have been there.Thats what this forum is about.Fellow riders to help each other out and show off our stuff of course!Take your time on each purchase,use good judgement,do your homework and research.Good luck!
Thats my 2 cents!Doesn't mean that its carved in stone.
Ride hard!