PDA

View Full Version : double beadlock?

jersey devil
02-04-2009, 12:05 PM
Do you really need beadlock inside and out?
Would just the outside be good enough?

NacsMXer
02-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Yeah, single beads are all you really need for most situations. I have the Hiper dual beadlocks and they sure make tire changes a piece of cake...with the singles you still have to break the beads first before you can get the tire off. Kinda more of a convenience thing to me, but i'm sure the dual beadlock holds the tire on better than the singles.

jersey devil
02-04-2009, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the input.For what I do Iguess it will be fine.I don't race the circuit or anything but when we get together we race hard so besides looking good it does the job also.
I went with the single Hiper Tech 3 beadlock all around and have second guessed maybe dual in the back but now I have what I have so its all good.
I see at the bottom of your post you list your mods on your ride.Very nice and built to the hilt!All the goodies and I'am sure it hauls a**!
Thanks again and ride hard!

NacsMXer
02-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Thanks man, yea she holds her own for an "old" 400 :p

Excellent choice with the Hipers...you can't go wrong. The single Tech 3's should do you just fine. Most of the hard tire-ripping forces that bust the beads off of tires are gonna be on the outer beads anyways.

BlaineKaiser450
02-04-2009, 05:12 PM
i use Douglas single beadlocks and i love them!

jersey devil
02-04-2009, 05:15 PM
Thanks again guys!Perhaps I made a wise choice after all.Feel better now.

tach13
02-05-2009, 10:38 AM
i have the dual hipers and i have to change the tires soon and its the first time changing beadlock wheels. so stupid question but do the bolts go through the tires?

Scro
02-05-2009, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by tach13
i have the dual hipers and i have to change the tires soon and its the first time changing beadlock wheels. so stupid question but do the bolts go through the tires?

No. The tire is pinched between the wheel, and the outer beadlock. You will understand once you take the ring off.

tach13
02-05-2009, 06:47 PM
cool man. cant wait to get the new rubber on.