PDA

View Full Version : 02 Honda Foreman question.

mittman
02-04-2009, 11:23 AM
we have a 02 honda foreman 600(hondamatic) 1,300miles 4x4. We have had a lot of snow lately so I have been riding this instead of my 400ex. It has the knob below the spedo with D1,D2 and ESP. I know that D1 is for maximum performance and D2 for maximum torque then ESP for the manual tranny instead of the auto. Anyway the ESP works great and engages fine. when I have it on D1 or D2 the tranny shifts fine but i dont notice any difference between the two. Ive never delt with this before so I have no idea how it works. I dont want to take it to a stealership. The most I ever done on this bike was oil change and brakes. never tore into a utility before. Is it possible that something is wore out and not letting switch over? I couldnt find a site for it so I could read up on it more either.

400exc
02-08-2009, 09:10 AM
One of my family members had one a couple years ago. I put it in D1 and D2 and didnt see any significant difference until I actually pulled something. Maybe try that first but even when I pulled something it still wasnt much of a difference in my opinion.

mittman
02-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Thanks. I hooked a tow strap up to our kubota tractor(around 900-1,000lbs) and I sure did feel a difference between D1 and D2.