PDA

View Full Version : hybrid solution.

jcs003
02-04-2009, 08:34 AM
i am currently working on a 400EXchassis/250R powerplant hybrid. after some research and quad riding experience, i think i found a helpful solution for mounting engines in hybrid (400EX and etc.) chassis. on my project the motor will either sit too low or too high, based on the swingarm pivot position.

i once owned a yamaha warrior and it had power transfer/suspension issues due to drive sproket position. ampresearch.com (AMP link) had a solution.

i will be taking this device and applying it to my hybrid project.

this may assist others with location issues of drive sproket.

**I WILL GIVE FURTHER FEEDBACK AFTER SOME RESEARCH AND CALCULATIONS**

deathman53
02-07-2009, 07:00 PM
what???? I had a warrior and had a amplink. The amp link was probably the worst money I spend on the atv. The roller bearings blew out. Then once I put it in, I couldn't remove it because you had to drill out a chain roller. Ask around, a Amplink is right next to a Roost Boost being the biggest hype and useless product for atv's.

kodymx13
02-07-2009, 09:13 PM
you must be an engineer.......

jcs003
02-08-2009, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by deathman53
what???? I had a warrior and had a amplink. The amp link was probably the worst money I spend on the atv. The roller bearings blew out. Then once I put it in, I couldn't remove it because you had to drill out a chain roller. Ask around, a Amplink is right next to a Roost Boost being the biggest hype and useless product for atv's.

when i had my warrior it worked very well. people who had problems did the installation wrong. they had the chain adjustment wrong.

anyways, the new amplink for the 400ex does not use rollers.

it is hard for people to get the sproket in the correct position on a hybrid, unless they use a very pricey aftermarket chassis/motor mount system.

jcs003
02-08-2009, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by kodymx13
you must be an engineer.......

yes i am. how did you know?

Brad77
02-08-2009, 09:57 AM
I wasn't aware that the amplink product was still being made.

Brad77
02-08-2009, 10:06 AM
After a quick google search I found the company website
http://www.amp-research.com/products/misc/powerlink.asp

Although it says that a distributor is Rocky Mountain. I went to their page and coudn't find it with a search.
I was curious as to what kind of price was on those things now.
I remember back in the early 90s when they came out. Quite an expensive part.

jcs003
02-08-2009, 10:21 AM
i seen them from $139-159. i did some calculations and found out that with the roller style amp link i am only losing 1.637 hp.

i dont know much about the rollerless style, but it should work as an 'advanced' chainslider style contraption.