PDA

View Full Version : 1949 Ford Tractor

exrider23
02-04-2009, 07:20 AM
Ok, so my Great-grandfather had this 1949 Ford Tractor that he used the crap out of! This thing is a beast! He passed away 3 years ago so me and my uncle decided to fix it back up. The whole thing has new paint, new starter, new lights, and a couple other things. She's Beautiful! Well for the longest time we have had to use the + side of the battery for the ground and the - side for the positive wire leading to the starter. The battery is dead and my uncle isnt home to ask him, which wire off the battery charger goes to which side to jump it since the cables are inverted?

Quad18star
02-04-2009, 07:29 AM
Ummm ... if the wires are inverted ... then you'd have to take the positive from your charger to the negative on the battery .... negative from charger to the positive on the battery.

Or better yet , just connect them and if they spark , switchem around. :p

buck440
02-04-2009, 07:53 AM
should show a picture of it :)

Pappy
02-04-2009, 08:04 AM
Positive ground system

Just reverse the charging leads, however its best to un hook the cables and charge the battery but few do that:p

mojo123
02-04-2009, 01:48 PM
any pictures of the tractor? :D

blacknblue#2
02-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by mojo123
any pictures of the tractor? :D
Totally agreed??? My dad is an old tractor collector. All Internationals tho. He used to farm big back in the day. Now we own 6 Acres and 29 tractors. We might be able to work all our ground in one day haha

TAZ450r
02-04-2009, 03:56 PM
Now we own 6 Acres and 29 tractors. We might be able to work all our ground in one day haha

my dad bought a brand new tractor and the only thing we have is n rabbit:P but then the rabbit run away so, now im using the tractor to build jumps:D

ProspectorJim
02-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by blacknblue#2
Totally agreed??? My dad is an old tractor collector. All Internationals tho. He used to farm big back in the day. Now we own 6 Acres and 29 tractors. We might be able to work all our ground in one day haha

My dad has an international too. Its a '52 farmall cub, very reliable tractors.

700bRad
02-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Is it a Golden Jubilee? I have a 1950's Ford NAA. Gonna be fixing it up here soon. I am also an antique tractor buff.

blacknblue#2
02-04-2009, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
My dad has an international too. Its a '52 farmall cub, very reliable tractors.

Yes very reliable tractors...We have everything from Cubs up to 1466's. Im glad to see im not the only Antique tractor guy around here. My grandpa worked for International for years before he started his own garage then passed away a year before i was born. All the old timers i run into around town say "Boy if I was any relation to Mart young and had just a fraction of his knowledge with an International engine i would have the best running pulling tractor in ohio" I laugh and say thats too boring for me i race MX, and they look at me like im stupid haha