PDA

View Full Version : swingarm pivot bolt / service honda

jb400exxx
12-22-2002, 12:17 PM
i just ordered a new swingarm pivot bolt and nut from service honda. i was just wondering how quick thier sevice is. how long did it take from when u ordered it to when u got it? i just ordered it at 2:00 today (12-22-02). i was just wondering because i'm impatient.

anyway, the reason i had to get a new one is because it got destrroyed when i was taking it out. i had to cut it and drive it out the other way cause it wouldn't go out the right way. to lube it i should just coat it in grease, right? also what is the easiest way to get the old bearings out of the swingarm? thanx, any help would be appreciated.

Davids440ex
12-22-2002, 12:33 PM
i order a side case and it took like 5 days here in cali.

RIDER11X
12-22-2002, 01:27 PM
IF YOUR IN NY, AND WANT IT QUICK, ORDER FROM A CLOSER WAREHOUSE LIKE HONDA OF TROY. I'M IN PA ORDERED FROM TROY EARLY MONDAY MORNING, GOT IT WEDNSDAY NORMAL UPS GROUND. ALSO ALWAYS MAKE SURE ALL OF THE ITEMS YOU NEED ARE IN STOCK.:)

RIDER11X
12-22-2002, 01:29 PM
HOW MUCH ARE THEIR PIVOT BOLTS W/ NUT?:confused:

jb400exxx
12-22-2002, 08:27 PM
the bolt was 19 and the nut was 3 shipping was 8, but it's still gonna be cheaper then what my local shop would have wanted. does anybody know a good way to get what's left of my bearings out of my swingarm?

RIDER11X
12-22-2002, 08:52 PM
WHEN MINE RUSTED IN MY 250X, AND COULDN'T BE DRIVEN OUT WITH A PUNCH & HAMMER, I WOULD REMOVE ALL OF THE NEEDLE BEARINGS AND THE INNER CAGE THEN USE A DREMEL WITH A SMALL STONE TO GRIND THROUGH THE OUTER CASE FROM ONE END TO THE OTHER. ONCE THE SLOT WAS COMPLETE I'D COLAPSE THE CASE INTO ITS OWN HOLE. I WAS CAREFUL NOT TO GRIND INTO THE SWINGARM WHILE GRINDING THE OUTER CASE.:)

jb400exxx
12-22-2002, 08:59 PM
well i got the bolt out i just need to know what's a good way to get the bearings out w/o damaging the swingarm

jb400exxx
12-22-2002, 09:34 PM
somebody has got to have some ideas. i think i'm gonna try to get them out tomorrow. i think i'm just gonna use a socket an kinda press them out with a clamp, can't really explain it but it might work. i really don't want to hit my swingarm with a hammer. it's only alluminum.

KAWSAM62
12-23-2002, 07:07 AM
be carefull there might be a circle clip inside there if not just press them out:cool:

jb400exxx
12-24-2002, 11:44 AM
thanx rider11x, i'll try the dremel idea. i just tried to use a socket and a hammer to drive them out and they didn't go anywhere. does anybody have any other ideas? i'm not sure i have any dremel tools left that will work. i think i used up most of my grinding wheels.

jb400exxx
12-24-2002, 01:32 PM
alrighty, i got the old bearing races out and replaced them, all i need now is the nut and bolt and i'm all set. i just took a file and grinded then down a little to weaken them, then just took a screwdriver and wedged it between the race and the swingarm and hit/bent them out. then the new bearings went in pretty easily with a rubber mallet. now hopefully my bolt and nut come soon.

12-24-2002, 07:46 PM
since your in NY it may take awhile. When i ordered mine i believe it was 6 days. I must say that there customer service is incredible. I ordered 5 oil filters from them. I didnt get them in like 4 days so i called to see if they were shipped lol im real impatient. I then found out that they took my address down wrong and all the b's came out as v's. my town and street name both have b's. They werent sure if i would get it so they sent out 5 more oil filters and shipped them 2 day air and said if i get the other ones i can just keep them. I ended up getting both cuz the zip code was right and they saved me $30 and the guy kept appologizing for his mistake when it was really no big deal. I always order from them and will continue to. They handled the problem very well and are great business people. I highly recommend them.

www.servicehonda.com

jb400exxx
12-24-2002, 08:14 PM
where do they ship out of?

jb400exxx
12-25-2002, 05:34 PM
my bolt and nut should be at my house by fri or saturday. but i was kinda pissed off today that i couldn't ride because the bolt wouldn't come out w/o being destroyed. so everybody lube your swingarm pivot bolt. i'll be doin mine every 6 months now just because i don't wanna go through all the trouble again, and pay $30 for a nut and bolt and have to wait a week to ride!!!!

jb400exxx
12-25-2002, 05:37 PM
oh and i am short on money and i'm even more pissed that the money didn't go toward tires that i need very badly. i need new rims and tires, and i just wasted $30 on a stupid nut and bolt. i'm not to mad about the bearings because it's a 3 year old quad and it's just maintanance(spelling).