PDA

View Full Version : 300ex swingarm skid Please help me on deciding which one to get!!!!

11-14-2001, 07:02 PM
What is the best swingarm skid for a 300ex? I need to get one. What is the nicest and strongest? Please help!!

11-14-2001, 07:14 PM
i currently have an ac skid on my swing arm and it is holding up ok i guess sometimes it bends up and hits my disk...i just bend it back...but i use it to race mot - x so it doesen't see to many big rocks...i have herd nothing but good stuff about P.R.M. ( i think thats what it is ) i hear they are super strong.....thats all the more i can help you with hope i helped some

edit....as stated below i just rememberd about protec and have herd really good stuff about them too..

kc 300EX
11-14-2001, 07:15 PM
hands down goes to Protect! I have one, have had for almost 2 years, totally awsome, cant bend it, 1/8 inch stainless steel, it will take a BEATING!

down side is it will cost you

11-14-2001, 07:17 PM
If you want the best go with a DG baja swingarm skid. They
are ultra strong and light. For your engine skid if you don't already
have one, I recommend a maier engine skid. They are about
1/4 in. thick hard plastic and are super light compared to an
aluminum one. I race harescrambles and have yet to even nick the
the thing.The plastic just slides over everything. You
can find the swingarm skid at www.rockymountainatv.com
and the engine skid at www.maier-mfg.com

Good Luck

kid300ex
11-14-2001, 08:05 PM
PRM all the way........ nothing better out there for skid plates... I got my hole undercarrage protected by PRM and not one bend or anything... PERFECT!

jrb737
11-14-2001, 09:57 PM
Get the Protect plate. I had the DG Baja for about 2 months and had to beat it back into shape twice! The protect is the strongest one out there, although it cost $150.00 with shipping, but you won't have to buy another one for a long time. I have had it for about 3 months and mostly trail ride thru the Rocky Mountains over very rocky forrest servise roads and it is still in perfect shape.

kc 300EX
11-15-2001, 02:19 PM
im telling you, the BEST in the Protect, I mean come on, wich is stronger, stainless steel or Aluminum?