PDA

View Full Version : next xc upgrade?

akrowdieEX
02-03-2009, 09:32 PM
there are so many things i wanna throw onto this quad but i dont have that kinda money so my options are limited.. I have done everything shown below in my sig so far and i just ordered razr 2s all the way around.. now i'm kinda stuck as far as what i should go with next.... i was thinking along that lines of either stage 1 hotcam? drop down to a smaller sprocket? send off the shocks? or bars or a stabilizer? or any other suggestions? my aim is to run some harescrambles soon so what do you guys think i would benefit from the most bc i cant have them all! Thanks :)

powermadd400ex
02-03-2009, 09:36 PM
either send the shocks off to get revalved or the steering stabilizer.
in XC, its all about how far you can go. not how fast ;)

akrowdieEX
02-03-2009, 09:43 PM
thanks man, thats kinda what i was thinking too but thats pretty pricey! how bout between the sprocket and hotcam?

powermadd400ex
02-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by akrowdieEX
thanks man, thats kinda what i was thinking too but thats pretty pricey! how bout between the sprocket and hotcam?

not a problem man
they are expensive for a good reason. you'll be amazed at how much comfortable you will feel, and how much longer you'll be able to ride. without being wore out.
ehh the sprocket, the more torque the better. topend doesnt help in mud, or on hillclimbs.

rob_990
02-04-2009, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by akrowdieEX

id get a stage 1 cam. stage 1 is for more low end power.

powermadd i think your thinking of stage 2 .

Colby@C&DRacing
02-04-2009, 08:54 AM
even though the suspension is pricey it is well worth the money to have shocks set up for you and your riding style. As stated above xc is pretty much endurance and if you are getting the poo beat out of you your going to get tired quick.

make sure you have a good set of rolloff goggles. As for sprocket normally the front ones range $12-$15 if you are looking for more bottom end go down in the front or up in the rear.

akrowdieEX
02-04-2009, 11:30 AM
thanks colby,
i've been wantin to send you my shocks but i just havent quite collected the money to do it yet.. so hopefully i'll be dealing with you soon!