PDA

View Full Version : 300ex from hell.

Dr. Drag
02-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Ok I own 2 yfz450's i thats for trails and another for just going really fast... build accordingly. I was looking into a 300ex for a freestyle bike... but i have no idea what to do for a cheaper suspenion, or where to go to get a some power/speed for the right air hang time.

I was wondering if anyone had a bad *** 300ex that was sup'd up with some pointers ive worked on banshees and yfz450 forever so my honda background, well just isn't..

P.S. Come on it was a catchy title... it make you click on it lmao!

headache
02-05-2009, 11:22 AM
well i guess you could put a banshee motor in the 300ex and then it would be a 300ex from hell!!

honda400ex2003
02-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Definitely do some major porting and valves. They have the old 250x head which was small even for the 250 let alone anything else. Put an exhaust on it with a filter to get it breathing with a high comp piston with a low end cam like a stage 1 hotcam. Gear it low for the quickness to hit jumps and all that fun stuff. I would look into some wider a-arms like +2 and even make them go forward +1 also and a good sups. I do not know of a good cheap susp. so someone else will have to lead you in that direction. I haven't priced out any shocks lately. That is where I would start if I was doing a beastly one. Just my .02 though, steve

ZSNOW
02-13-2009, 08:04 PM
to start off. put a 400ex frontend on the 300. a aftermarket longtravel front end for a 400 will really compliment a 300 with a relocater bracket. this will make you have from 10.5(ideal MX travel) to 12.5 inches of travel depending on your shock and front end choice.

YOU DON"T NEED A LONG TRAVEL REAR ON THE 300!
No matter what anyone says. the 300 has MORE than enough travel in the back with an aftermarket shock (elka or PEP ETC)

the 300 motor stock...well. plain and simple is WEAK.

I you want to build the "300ex from hell" Call up Sparks or TC they are the guys to talk to about 300's but you are going to spend the $$ to do it.

and last but not least. Cut the fenders. Gusset the frame. throw on some graphics. and RUN HER!:devil:

O yea. i forgot about a pipe. Sparks or Tc or Duncan is the only way to go for a 300 pipe.

John451
02-16-2009, 06:45 PM
Port, polish, hotcams, 11:1 piston, 250x cluch cover for kick start, ditch the starter, lights, battery to lose weight off, cut the front fenders, to reduce drag, and the suspention stuff above, I'd do the valve stuff they said above too.