PDA

View Full Version : Venom Exhausts

Brauap
02-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Who all has one? What do you think of it? Do you have any sound clips? Pictures? Just a short write up would be nice.

Thank You! :)

chad502ex
02-04-2009, 08:17 AM
Venom sucks!

Buy DASA, DASA exhaust systems have been tested to be the best!

S.A.J
02-04-2009, 12:29 PM
X2 he knows what hes talking about!!!

Brauap
02-04-2009, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by chad502ex
Venom sucks!

But I am going to need something quiet.. I am going to be riding at Silver Lake (96db) and my naighbors are old grumpy SOBS.. and I was told they have unmatched bottom end.. :confused:

S.A.J
02-04-2009, 01:54 PM
http://www.dasaracing.com/sitepages/DasaRacingHondaATVnew.html <<<< they got a quiet core

Brauap
02-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Yea, I know but I heard that they loose alot of power when installed.. :( Plus, when you add the QC what db level is it then?

Brauap
02-04-2009, 02:17 PM
Also which one is the quietest out of the 3..

HMF
DASA
ROSSIER

I see alot of XC guys running Rossier.. how come?

Could I just have a little info on all 4 exhaust (Venom, HMF, Dasa, Rossier) all slip on's except the Venom obviously.

d3ktrix
02-04-2009, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Brauap
Also which one is the quietest out of the 3..

HMF
DASA
ROSSIER

I see alot of XC guys running Rossier.. how come?

Could I just have a little info on all 4 exhaust (Venom, HMF, Dasa, Rossier) all slip on's except the Venom obviously.

Dasa and Rosier don't make slip-on's either.

Out of those 3, going by my ears I think the HMF is the quietest.
My Sparks is also pretty quite compared to the others named, don't think its under your 96dB limit though.

Brauap
02-04-2009, 02:32 PM
What I found out so far:

Rossier w/ QC = 98dB
HMF QRS = 98dB (ish)
HMF Ballance = 102dB (ish)
Venom = 96dB
Dasa (Classic) = ???dB
Dasa (99dB) = 99dB

Does this sound right?

Brauap
02-04-2009, 02:40 PM
Sorry I am asking soo many questions....but..............

How much louder does 99dB or 98dB sound than 96 dB? Like can you hear the difference?

stcblack450r
02-04-2009, 03:01 PM
i used to have a HMF sport series on my 400ex and i bought the quiet core which drops it 4-6db's. i was able to notice a significance difference in noise level. it was still loud just not outrageously loud like before. i hope this helps. check on youtube...people have clips of the slip ons and another with the quiet core installed

venom450r
02-04-2009, 06:00 PM
Venom sucks!

Or you could run one of those badass DRG pipes...
I run a dasa & love it, but their quiet core SUCKS

Brauap
02-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by venom450r
Or you could run one of those badass DRG pipes...
I run a dasa & love it, but their quiet core SUCKS

Really (about DRG) or are you BS'ing me?

venom450r
02-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Venom's pipes are dyno proven to be one of the best for the 450r. Don't second guess buying one if you need something quiet.
I sent you a pm.

Brauap
02-04-2009, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by venom450r
Venom's pipes are dyno proven to be one of the best for the 450r. Don't second guess buying one if you need something quiet.
I sent you a pm.

haha.. I read the PM before I read this.. well, you have a PM too! :P

Dave400ex
02-04-2009, 06:36 PM
Just get a HMF QRS and be done with it.

d3ktrix
02-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Brauap
Really (about DRG) or are you BS'ing me?

He's just being sarcastic to spite what Chad said :P

pro-rider46
02-04-2009, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by d3ktrix
He's just being sarcastic to spite what Chad said :P

wasnt chad working on a secret exhaust for a while. i would like see him finish it and see it out perform the other exhausts,

d3ktrix
02-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
wasnt chad working on a secret exhaust for a while. i would like see him finish it and see it out perform the other exhausts,

I've only herd rumors here on the forums, never anything about it from Chad him self.

D Bergstrom
02-04-2009, 11:08 PM
I have been running a Venom pipe on my desert racer for over a year and a half. I have been very happy with it, has held up great. I have never been sound tested, but it sure does sound quieter then anything else. I think the Dasa is probably the best power producing pipe for a 450R, but it is fricken loud, and the Venom is within a horsepower or two. I would gladly give up a little power so my ears do not bleed. (I have ridden with someone that has a Dasa pipe, it was so loud that when he was behind me, I could hear his quad over mine!) I just bought a new Venom pipe for the race quad and the old is on my practice quad now.

Do not mind Chad, the Venom pipe could make 5 horsepower more then any pipe and he would still say it sucks, just because Venom makes it.

Doug

S.A.J
02-04-2009, 11:28 PM
i kinda doubt chad would do that...

sunco
02-05-2009, 06:47 AM
NOISE ? HAD A CURTIS PIPE & THAT WOULD CRACK MY EAR PRETTY GOOD. I BOUGHT THE QC END CAP - JOKE.

PUT AN HRC KIT IN & GO W/ THAT

JUST MY 2 CENTS

morse250r
02-05-2009, 06:49 AM
venom is a good exhaust allowed in the dunes for sure i mean i thinks a personal choice

chad502ex
02-05-2009, 06:56 AM
com'on guys,.... you know what I'm saying is true....

Maybe I shouldn't have been harsh by saying the Venom pipe sucks, but it doesn't even come close to the real performers such as DASA and Rossier...

DASA and Rossier are the best pipes- fact!

they have been tested over and over and over again and compared against everything available on the market...

there are plenty of dynos all over the internet and winning quads running the DASA to show what I'm saying is the truth....

have a good day! :D

jshtex
02-07-2009, 10:49 AM
The question Chad is about a QUIET pipe that makes good power. I noticed that you seem to be overlooking that. Maybe it is the blind hatred of all things Venom? I realize he is the same when it comes to you but dang, that doesn't help this guy does it.

We have ran both a Venom and an HMF slip on with their quiet core. Both passed our sound checks but the Venom did make more power than the choked up HMF. The only reason we don't still run the venom is that it was crushed in a pile up and I just haven't replaced it.

redline501
02-07-2009, 11:19 PM

Maybe I shouldn't have been harsh by saying the Venom pipe sucks, but it doesn't even come close to the real performers such as DASA and Rossier...

they have been tested over and over and over again and compared against everything available on the market...

there are plenty of dynos all over the internet and winning quads running the DASA to show what I'm saying is the truth....

have a good day! :D Actually we just dyno tested the rossier, vennom, and the hmf with the hrc header and must say the vennom pipe out performed the rossier pipe buy 3 Hp and had better TQ all the way through. On a unbias dyno test. The vennom pipe is a excellent pipe for performance and sound. Trust me you will not get another pipe this quiet that will perform as good as the vennom pipe. And I must say chad you and I have never met or had contact so I dont know you personally but it seems that every site that I go to its the same thing with you. Alls you do is bash on vennom parts and the shop itself. You make statements like this all the time with nothing to back it up.Its kind of disappointing to see a so called professional act this way.

chad502ex
02-08-2009, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by redline501
Actually we just dyno tested the rossier, vennom, and the hmf with the hrc header and must say the vennom pipe out performed the rossier pipe buy 3 Hp and had better TQ all the way through. On a unbias dyno test. The vennom pipe is a excellent pipe for performance and sound. Trust me you will not get another pipe this quiet that will perform as good as the vennom pipe. And I must say chad you and I have never met or had contact so I dont know you personally but it seems that every site that I go to its the same thing with you. Alls you do is bash on vennom parts and the shop itself. You make statements like this all the time with nothing to back it up.Its kind of disappointing to see a so called professional act this way.

Trust me when i say my guns sre loaded with plenty of ammo with thier flowtests making less than stock on low lift, dyno testing and 'parts' that claim something they are not

So, when someone ask me something sbout what i know that is fact, i tell them

The dasa is the best!

redline501
02-08-2009, 10:13 AM

:D This is what im talking about. ur statement that vennom sucks and that dasa and rossier are the best pipes-fact. In are dyno test that wasnt the case the vennom pipe out performed the rossier pipe by a fair amount. As far as the dasa pipe goes I will not argue the fact that they are one of the best if not the best performance pipes on the marked.But get the dasa pipe down to 96 db and see how it performs for you. And thats what this post was about, a great performance pipe at a low db level = VENNOM. Man I got no issues with you what so ever other then youre Giving false statements like vennom sucks and dont compare to other pipoes when in fact thats not the case.It seems to me that you builds some very nice builds with great #s So I have no douvt you are a good mechanic. Its just all the negative BS that comes with it thats dissapointing. Like the thread were u bash a guy for not making 60 HP on a 501, When he was at 59.

jkulysses
02-08-2009, 10:43 AM
+1^^. Venom makes a great pipe and is nippin at dasa's heels until you put the quiet core on the dasa then the venom out performs it. If I get messed with at the dunes with my curtis sparks pipe i'll be switching to the venom for sure.

chad502ex
02-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by redline501
This is what im talking about. ur statement that vennom sucks and that dasa and rossier are the best pipes-fact. In are dyno test that wasnt the case the vennom pipe out performed the rossier pipe by a fair amount. As far as the dasa pipe goes I will not argue the fact that they are one of the best if not the best performance pipes on the marked.But get the dasa pipe down to 96 db and see how it performs for you. And thats what this post was about, a great performance pipe at a low db level = VENNOM. Man I got no issues with you what so ever other then youre Giving false statements like vennom sucks and dont compare to other pipoes when in fact thats not the case.It seems to me that you builds some very nice builds with great #s So I have no douvt you are a good mechanic. Its just all the negative BS that comes with it thats dissapointing. Like the thread were u bash a guy for not making 60 HP on a 501, When he was at 59.

59 is not 60. A 500 should be over 60 no way around that. Any 500 making less than 60 its not making over 100% VE. 59 is good.

I'm not gonna get into this debate with you any further. Like i said, i've got more dyno comparisons, flowbench data and more facts that wouldmake any venom flagwaver tuck their tail in shame. Lets not go there again. We've all seen all the data over the years, which i've certainly archived for Sunday laughs, that could be one by one pulled up for reference. Why not just chill-out and just agree that even with the DASA corked, that the DASA pipe is the best! You can take my word for it, or you can take officials testing the sound limits at the track and comparing the DASA wins against Venoms....

Go ahead and buy and run the pipe you want- i reAlly dont give a hoot about pipes anyway..

Brauap
02-08-2009, 03:27 PM
The dasa is the best!

I would appreciate it if you wouldn't post in this thread anymore, sir. We all understand that you are very biased, and hate Venom. I'm sorry but if you read my other posts, you would have seen that I am looking for quite exhaust systems and you keep going to the loudest. This is why I would appreciate it if you wouldn't post in this thread anymore. I know, and you know I can't make you stop, but if you continue, please try to be more open minded, perhaps.

Thank You. :)

dpizz450
02-09-2009, 12:19 AM
did not feel like reading the whole thread but

hmf is the quieter of them.....

hmf- good all around, commonly used full system/slip on. pretty loud, dont know the statistics, but not unbearable.

rossier- one of the higher end pipes out there, everyone is always trying to decide between a dasa and rossier. they are both great pipes and make great power all around. my cousin has one and no complaints so far. it is a good bit louder then the HMF. rossier comes in full system only

dasa- this is what i have on my bike and i love it. everyone loves dasa, i have not read hardly any bad reviews on this pipe. the best exhaust i have ever owned, but if you dont have a quiet core, it can be very obnoxiously loud. i think someone told me it was 106db, not sure but from how loud it is, it's close! comes on full sysem only also

venom- heard good things about them, dont know much about them, but they are one of the higher end exhausts also. you should check out the 450r.org forum. SO MUCH info on these bikes, and venom is a site sponsor over there and posts regularly and has his own sub forum. check it out, sign up, and shoot him some questions if you have some. not sure if they sell slip ons?

good luck let us know what you get!

http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php?act=idx

atvlover
02-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Hello all. Motoworks has a great new 96 db pipe. It is quiet and produces great power.

Brauap
02-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by atvlover
Hello all. Motoworks has a great new 96 db pipe. It is quiet and produces great power.

Any dyno's?