PDA

View Full Version : Arctic Cat Won't Start

Tater049
02-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Ok so it all started about 3 weeks ago. It snowed big time! My AC 375 4x4 started fine, and ran no problem. We rode around for a while and then I left it at my friends house for 5 days. It wasn't touched or started, etc. I go there to pick it up and all it does it click. The engine won't turn over or anything. I connected jumper cables from my friends 400ex to mine to see if it would work, nothing. I let it sit with the cables on for 15 minutes, tried it, and it still didn't work. I picked it up in my dads truck and brought it home, fully charged the battery, and it still made the click sound. It has a full battery, good fuse, and everything else eletrical works. I soon as I try to start it, CLICK! I hear it coming from the fuse area though. Dont know what to do.

Scro
02-04-2009, 09:52 AM
It's your solenoid that is clicking. It's either your starter or the solenoid itself. If you can take your starter off easy, I would try hooking that up to a 12v battery to see if it is in good working order (it should spin when hooked directly up to 12v). If not it's probably the solenoid.

Tater049
02-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Scro
It's your solenoid that is clicking. It's either your starter or the solenoid itself. If you can take your starter off easy, I would try hooking that up to a 12v battery to see if it is in good working order (it should spin when hooked directly up to 12v). If not it's probably the solenoid.
If this helps, I would sometimes keep clicking the start button and it would click and eventually it would turn over, but now it stopped all together.

Scro
02-05-2009, 07:47 AM
I'm guessing it's the solenoid. Use a multimeter to see if you are getting power to the starter, working your way back to the solenoid. I would bet you aren't getting 12v past the solenoid.