PDA

View Full Version : wheres the cheapest place to get front lowering kits for my 400ex??

2qk4u
12-22-2002, 10:54 AM
Iam in need of buying a front lowering kit for my 400ex. i would prefer the durablue since i have the rear one already. just looking for the cheapest place to get them. also if anyone has a set for sale please let me know buy pm me or email at fizzerbill@cox.net

thanks

zephead400ex
12-22-2002, 12:58 PM
WB: $63.25
Nac's: $63.95

Thats what I have found.

How about the rear lowering kit...? In your opinion what are the pros & cons of it? jw! later, man!

tants
12-22-2002, 01:13 PM
are you gonna run shocks? or just flatrack w/o shocks?

be cheap, use a tube of steel as front shocks...

2qk4u
12-22-2002, 04:19 PM
zephead, where do you purchase them from?

zephead400ex
12-22-2002, 04:30 PM
well....I thought that a person would be able to order WB parts from WB, but there is not an order form or anthing other than phone #'s to call them http://www.whitebros.com/contact.html

Nac's, you can go to www.nacsracing.com and order form there.

Now, your lowering kit for the rear...what advantages does that give you? would you recommend one? On hard dirt, I feel uneasy turning sharply (not wrecklessly) because the quad sits kind of high...jw how you like the lowering kit.

later man!

2qk4u
12-22-2002, 06:12 PM
I just put the durablue lowering strut on the rear and really like it alot. i went riding today and noticed that the bike does handle a lot better in the turns and wants to slide around alot better now. not so tipsy. so iam not into jumping really big jumps so i think if i get the lowering kit for the front i will be ok. we shall see soon

29FTEX
12-22-2002, 07:11 PM
If you are racing flat track, the front lowering brackets aren't necessary, unless you just want them. Without a change in shocks or rebuild, it changes the geometry of your front end. I race flat track without the front lowering brackets. I have a set of them that I used a few races last year until I got new shocks. I'd sell them if you really wanted to lower it that way.

TRX_Thumper
12-22-2002, 07:22 PM
tell me why frame geometry matters in flatrack racing?? i mean yeah alittle front end movement goin into the corners and comin out but swaybar usualy emlimenates that

29FTEX
12-22-2002, 07:50 PM
Why it matters?? You are changing your shock positions from / \ to almost l l . Your sway bar doesn't absorb any bumps. The lowering brackets make the shock push down on the lower a-arm (where the shock mounts to) to give it a lower ride. This in turn transfers more weight to the front of the bike, not allowing to completely transfer weight to the rear on take offs. Why not tell him like it is, instead of saying "yeah alittle" and "usually". I'm not trying to argue with you on this.

TRX_Thumper
12-22-2002, 08:02 PM
the point is there are no bumps or jumps or anything to that nature in flatrack racing...changing the shocks from / to I helps out because it stiffens the shock meaning less body roll and less overall movement of the a arms..your gonna go faster with the durablue lowerin bracket rather than stock front end...thats a fact...ive raced flatrack myself...im not tryin to start a flame..just getting some things straight...

29FTEX
12-22-2002, 08:08 PM
There's more than 1 track out there. The 2 out here have bumps and a couple of small jumps, and 1 of these was designed from a track in Ohio. A properly handling bike can beat a faster bike.

TRX_Thumper
12-22-2002, 08:10 PM
yeah i agree a TT track with bumps needs a different set of shocks..but im just meaning pure flatrackin or ice racin ye know