PDA

View Full Version : Outlaw 09 plastics in 08's

Quadevil
02-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Do the Outlaw525 09 plastics fit in the 08's?
Thanks

GE4x4
02-03-2009, 04:11 PM
Nope. The mounting tabs are different.

Quadevil
02-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by GE4x4
Nope. The mounting tabs are different.

MtnEX
02-04-2009, 06:09 AM
Are the 09 plastics better in some way?

I don't think they really "look" better.

Just wondering why someone would want to make that trade?

I don't think the '09s look the part of OUTLAW.
I think they should have changed the name.

The new ones look like a Polaris version of the KTM or something.

I would like to see a pic of one with the headlight removed though.
I bet that looks much better.

U1arunit
02-04-2009, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by MtnEX
Are the 09 plastics better in some way?

I don't think they really "look" better.

Just wondering why someone would want to make that trade?

I don't think the '09s look the part of OUTLAW.
I think they should have changed the name.

The new ones look like a Polaris version of the KTM or something.

I would like to see a pic of one with the headlight removed though.
I bet that looks much better.

+1

I think they are making it look like "other" race quads instead. Should have brought back the Predator name for that model and looks IMO.

MtnEX
02-15-2009, 08:24 PM
Out of the box it looks like a hotrod Phoenix to me.

But I finally found a picture of one that looks like what I might do to one... removed headlight, etc...

http://www.atvriders.com/images/polaris/polaris-2009-doug-eichner-outlaw-atv.jpg

Looks pretty good this way...

FiveTwentyFive
02-15-2009, 09:16 PM
Yeah, it looks better that way, but I don't agree that it looks better than the old Outlaw look like a couple of the magazines state. One of them said it now looks more like something from this planet. Really? REALLY?? To me, it looks like some kind of poor attempt at an alien. I wasn't really a big fan of the look of the Outlaw when I owned a Raptor. I got rid of it and studied hard on what was right for me after that. Everything pointed to the Outlaw IRS with the KTM 525. For all the obvious reasons I got one and never will I go to something else. Not even the '09 Outlaw(with all the improvements) because I like the look of the Outlaw. It just LOOKS like an outlaw. And one of the selling points for me was the large fuel capacity. Besides, they could have made it look like an Outlaw and still slimmed it up. It's just fugly to me. :ermm:

MtnEX
02-15-2009, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by FiveTwentyFive
Yeah, it looks better that way, but I don't agree that it looks better than the old Outlaw look like a couple of the magazines state. One of them said it now looks more like something from this planet. Really? REALLY?? To me, it looks like some kind of poor attempt at an alien. I wasn't really a big fan of the look of the Outlaw when I owned a Raptor. I got rid of it and studied hard on what was right for me after that. Everything pointed to the Outlaw IRS with the KTM 525. For all the obvious reasons I got one and never will I go to something else. Not even the '09 Outlaw(with all the improvements) because I like the look of the Outlaw. It just LOOKS like an outlaw. And one of the selling points for me was the large fuel capacity. Besides, they could have made it look like an Outlaw and still slimmed it up. It's just fugly to me. :ermm:

I never agreed with the magazines either.
I thought for a while it was just me.
Guess not.

This new one looks good in race trim, but it doesn't look the part of OUTLAW.

It looks like the Phoenix 200's big brother.
They should have called it something else.

450-MXR / 525-S / 525-IRS would do... but not Outlaw.