PDA

View Full Version : Took a Scary Ride Last Night.........

Fast-n-Furious
12-22-2002, 09:53 AM
I was headed to town to meet up with some friends and I was going up a hill and at the top it was covered in ice, when i let off the gas my truck instantly went sideways in the road. I slid down the road probly 100-150 feet with the front of the truck in one lane and the back of the truck in the other lane. When the back wheels came off the ice they caught on the tar and flung my front end around and i went off the road. I went between a huge pine tree (about 3 feet in diamater) and a huge rock and a fire hydrant some how missing them all and then down a 15-20 foot banking into a little wet spot. Some how i didn't roll it over and only had a little damage done to my truck. I am alright and i was just a little shook up but that was the scariest ride i have ever taken.

I'll try to post some pics of the truck later.

Ryan

12-22-2002, 09:58 AM
good to hear ur ok, i was comin home last night, the roads were a little damp, i had my truck in first and a turn lane, and gased it, the truck did a 180 into the oncoming lane, good thing it was late at night it scared the sh*t outta me.

flyin#5
12-22-2002, 10:19 AM
last night when i was on the quad coming down the driveway (half mile long) i went to make the sharp turn and i couldnt turn good enough so i was going to run into a big brush pile. so i cranked it the other way and i flew into the side of the brush pile but i only got a couple sticks in the skid plates. it scared the ***** out of me though cuz i was going fast into that brush pile.

glad to hear your ok. yours sounds like it could have gotten real bad really easy.

Sportrax10
12-22-2002, 10:58 AM
One time I was riding with my friends dad and we were coming off a highway and did a full 360. It was a real little car and we just kept going. It was kinda fun actually.:blah

Rip_Tear
12-22-2002, 11:19 AM
Glad to hear your alright. I have 2 friends who have flipped cars, a Neon and a Grand Prix. Both were totaly written off, luckily the poeple had very minimal damage.

tants
12-22-2002, 01:08 PM
pics!

Knight440
12-22-2002, 01:16 PM
glad to hear your ok sounds like a wild ride ice sux. Hope the truck not too bad looks pretty nice i got the same one in black:D

DGR Designs
12-22-2002, 02:46 PM
:eek: wow man, that *****s wacked....... betcha u lost ur christmas ho-ho! lol good the trucks ok....

oh oh yea and yea. nice to hear bout u bein ok too man! lol j/k that couldve gotten hairy very quickly and all nasty like an *****. take out any reindeer on your way down?:devil MERRY CHRISTMAS DUDEZ! (an dudetts of course)

Fast-n-Furious
12-22-2002, 05:36 PM
Damage to the front
not to bad really just the endcap on the bumper and the lower valance

Fast-n-Furious
12-22-2002, 05:39 PM
New use for duct tape
Broke the rear flare half way around the wheel well so i used some duct tape to keep it from flapping while i am going down the road.:)

BTW a new flare is almost $300 for just one:huh

Fast-n-Furious
12-22-2002, 05:42 PM
Dent in the rear right behind the broke flare. All the damage was done to the drivers side of the truck.