PDA

View Full Version : South Jersey

Mike594
02-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Just wondering if anybody is located in south jersey. Particually Cape May and Atlantic Counties.

brokenmike
02-03-2009, 04:32 PM
I'am in the eastern side of gloucester

bobkunkle
02-03-2009, 04:52 PM
From Western side of Gloucester county and I do ride in Woodbine area during the summer months.

Mike594
02-03-2009, 05:23 PM
Ever been to the woodbine pit/old dump, bob?

bobkunkle
02-03-2009, 05:45 PM
pm'd

Rescuehound440
02-13-2009, 12:46 AM
Hi,

I am from S. J. I live only about 5 min from Woodbine Pit. I just bought a 440ex and I have been trying to find out where I can ride it without too much State Trooper involvement. My other problem is the Supertrapp exhaust is missing the baffles so it is LOUD. Even when I try to just putt not to get too much attention it still seems loud to me. In this area the Troopers and the residents seem to be anit-atvs. Just like everything else, it only takes a few buttheads to ruin it for everyone else. 20 years ago I grew up riding at the Hundred Foot Hill in Belleplain. That is the BEST riding anywhere but the cops have really gotten tough out there, or at least I heard they were anyway.

panteramatt
02-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Salem County here.

HondaRaceReady
02-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Salem County here.
Oh ****, where do you ride in salem county? D.O.D? Wingate? Fort Mott?

Mike594
02-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Rescuehound440
Hi,

I am from S. J. I live only about 5 min from Woodbine Pit. I just bought a 440ex and I have been trying to find out where I can ride it without too much State Trooper involvement. My other problem is the Supertrapp exhaust is missing the baffles so it is LOUD. Even when I try to just putt not to get too much attention it still seems loud to me. In this area the Troopers and the residents seem to be anit-atvs. Just like everything else, it only takes a few buttheads to ruin it for everyone else. 20 years ago I grew up riding at the Hundred Foot Hill in Belleplain. That is the BEST riding anywhere but the cops have really gotten tough out there, or at least I heard they were anyway.

The cops don't really bother you at all at the woodbine pit. One, it's not really near any houses or any kind of development. Two, the property is actually owned by the woodbine municipal airport. So it's technically private property, but they do not govern it or patrol it in any way or form. So it's pretty much good riding, hassle free. The only time you might want to stay away from it would be saturday afternoon/night. Only because it gets so damn crowded. If you could go for a little bit after work or during the day, on a week day, you'd pretty much have the whole place to yourself. And believe me, it's a pretty big place. But friday night and sunday aren't too bad either. The place is less than 2 miles from me, and I go there often.

panteramatt
02-14-2009, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by HondaRaceReady

Yup all of them. Dont really ride much around here cause it sucks so bad. Going out to fort mott monday to ride my king quad for the first time. Ive put some extensive mods thats really gonna surprise my sport biek riding buddies:D Where do you live?

panteramatt
02-14-2009, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by HondaRaceReady

Yup all of them. Dont really ride much around here cause it sucks so bad. Going out to fort mott monday to ride my king quad for the first time. Ive put some extensive mods thats really gonna surprise my sport biek riding buddies:D Where do you live?

dunatic
02-14-2009, 11:18 AM
I just bought a 440ex and I have been trying to find out where I can ride it without too much State Trooper involvement.

My other problem is the Supertrapp exhaust is missing the baffles so it is LOUD.

Just like everything else, it only takes a few buttheads to ruin it for everyone else.

One of the dumbest posts Ive seen in a while.

Buy a new muffler or the baffles to quiet the one that you have. No one is a butt head but you for thinking that they should put up with your raspy sounding ride.

If youve got the money to buy the bike, you should have enough to fix or keep it repaired.

If your riding on private land, respect the property rights of others and those that surround it. If you dont, and that use it revoked it will be you and only that causes it. Dont blame anyone else.

panteramatt
02-14-2009, 11:21 AM
Well put.

bobkunkle
02-15-2009, 07:42 PM
Sorry...why were you all not in Sea Isle at the Polar bear Plunge yesterday?

panteramatt
02-15-2009, 07:53 PM
Not into freezing my balls off!

HondaRaceReady
02-15-2009, 07:56 PM
Yup all of them. Dont really ride much around here cause it sucks so bad. Going out to fort mott monday to ride my king quad for the first time. Ive put some extensive mods thats really gonna surprise my sport biek riding buddies Where do you live?
Im in salem county too. Fort mott was a mess today. They got big ******* pipes blocking all the entrances. Nothing you should have trouble with on a king quad, but it sucked on a 450r. Which entrance do you use? The dump? Cemetary? Or do you just park your truck right by the power lines back off fort mott road?

Mike594
02-15-2009, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by bobkunkle
Sorry...why were you all not in Sea Isle at the Polar bear Plunge yesterday?

LOL, **** that. Let me know when the water is 65 degrees or more.

x rider1291
02-15-2009, 11:00 PM
hey guys im from gloucester county also. i live in mantua right off of route 55. i go to woodbine all the time and have never had any problems with cops. its probably about 30-45 mins away. nice place to ride if youve never been there.

Rescuehound440
02-16-2009, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by dunatic
One of the dumbest posts Ive seen in a while.

Buy a new muffler or the baffles to quiet the one that you have. No one is a butt head but you for thinking that they should put up with your raspy sounding ride.

If youve got the money to buy the bike, you should have enough to fix or keep it repaired.

If your riding on private land, respect the property rights of others and those that surround it. If you dont, and that use it revoked it will be you and only that causes it. Dont blame anyone else.

Hello Dunatic????

Thanks for the complement!!!

Isn't that what I just said...... That the exhaust on the bike is a "PROBLEM". I am trying to find out what exhaust I can put on the bike that will quite it down but not screw it up and make it run like crap. I certainly cant just put a stocker on it.

Yes, the BUTTHEADS that were drinking alcohol and running into each other, killing people did ruin it for everyone at the hundred foot hill. Or do you condone that kind of behavior? Hey, I was the one patching these idiots up, trying to save their stupid lives. When deaths at any pits hits the media the focus is then on that area and the cops are going to crack down. It's just that simple.

"If your riding on private land, respect the property rights of others and those that surround it. If you dont, and that use it revoked it will be you and only that causes it."
So what your saying is that you don't ride in any pits or areas that you don't own? Come on...

quadracer85st
02-16-2009, 08:02 AM
Atlantic county here in buena

MAKO19
02-16-2009, 08:18 AM
Washington TWP. here. Holding it down in the remaining woods/fields we got left around here :( .

dunatic
02-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Hello Dunatic????

Thanks for the complement!!!

Isn't that what I just said...... That the exhaust on the bike is a "PROBLEM". I am trying to find out what exhaust I can put on the bike that will quite it down but not screw it up and make it run like crap. I certainly cant just put a stocker on it.

Yes, the BUTTHEADS that were drinking alcohol and running into each other, killing people did ruin it for everyone at the hundred foot hill. Or do you condone that kind of behavior? Hey, I was the one patching these idiots up, trying to save their stupid lives. When deaths at any pits hits the media the focus is then on that area and the cops are going to crack down. It's just that simple.

"If your riding on private land, respect the property rights of others and those that surround it. If you dont, and that use it revoked it will be you and only that causes it."
So what your saying is that you don't ride in any pits or areas that you don't own? Come on...

Read your original post out loud to yourself. Or better yet, read it to another adult and ask they what they think you wrote. Dont try and explain it to them, let them form their own opinion.

To me it sounded like you've got a bike that you just bought, you know it's too loud from the missing parts on it.....but your bigger concern is that of the "COPS" and them hassling you.

.........and to answer your last question. NO I don't ride on private property. I ride on public lands, where it's permitted and controlled with laws and requirements that ever rider has to follow. It's kept open that way for all to enjoy. If they dont, they suffer with a civil penalty and the potential loss of their bike. That is enough for me.