PDA

View Full Version : Airbox / KN Powerlid

Mike594
02-03-2009, 09:02 AM
Will the K&N Powerlid work with a custom (aluminum) airbox? I guess not right cuz the tabs are missing??? What do you guys do if you have a custom box, not use the lid?

rob_990
02-03-2009, 12:53 PM
yea just use it for washing your bike thats pretty much it.

Mike594
02-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Alright well what do you think is better performance wise? Custom air box, no lid, or stock air box with power lid? And what filter(s) would you recommend? I have a UNI now.

rob_990
02-03-2009, 05:45 PM
ive never had a custom air box but i think that or running no lid would have the best gains.im running a uni right now too.i personally think there the best.k&n will probably give you more air flow but i dont think they clean as good as a foam filter does.

02-03-2009, 05:52 PM
^ bullsh1t... they clean fine just how often do you wanna clean it?

Mike594
02-03-2009, 10:14 PM
I don't really mind cleaning it often. I got everything to do that. Since I work at Napa its easy for me to get get like a K&N recharge kit and the oil and stuff. Plus I have a garage so I have a air compressor and air nozzle, etc... So I'm good. I always hear people debating about what is better though for certain conditions. I mean the pit I ride in is kinda sandy, but then again, the other trails I ride on to get to the pit are kinda muddy and wet. So I don't know if a foam filter or a k&n style filter would be better.