PDA

View Full Version : whats some places to buy parts

crxjarred
02-03-2009, 05:22 AM
what the title says i need new places to buy stuff

400ex07
02-03-2009, 08:22 PM
well for places to buy stuff, I use motosport. Also Mods3 has some decent prices on some parts and performance kits.

Pappy
02-03-2009, 08:32 PM
Depends alot on what you want to buy.

Some items are best priced through large retailers such as Rocky Mountain ATV among others,Motosport etc

Certain parts can be bought for less or with better service through shops like our sponsors where you get more service before and after the sale, especially if there is a problem with the part.

Best advice, call around. Some smaller shops will give you a break if you place a larger order, or may offer you more personal service if your tackling a project that might require more help then the directions

hypersnyper6947
02-03-2009, 11:10 PM
Also i think it depends what your spending, if you want to save some cash and buy used check out the parts section of this forum or ebay. If not i agree with pappy and call around to find the best price. C&D has a section on the forum too and they are quick to get back to you on prices.

Pappy
02-04-2009, 07:43 AM
Just be very careful buying used, here, other sites and ebay/craigslist. The bad economy has people unloading JUNK and ripping people off left and right.

If you do buy from a private individual, have the parts shipped COD.....and INSPECT them before you allow UPS/Fed Ex to leave!!! Latest trend seems to be selling an aftermarket part but shipping JUNK or stock parts. Once it shows you recieved the item, no one will help (paypal etc)

Pay attention to what your buying as well. A $450 set of arms can easily cost more if you need them powderocated $60, new ball joints $100-125 new bushings $30-$75. Most folks buying their first set of aftermarket arms/swingers etc have no clue what to really look for and get hosed non stop.

hondaman146
02-04-2009, 10:00 AM
Dennis Kirk, has some things decently priced exspecially on their online store

250Renvy
02-04-2009, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
Just be very careful buying used, here, other sites and ebay/craigslist. The bad economy has people unloading JUNK and ripping people off left and right.

If you do buy from a private individual, have the parts shipped COD.....and INSPECT them before you allow UPS/Fed Ex to leave!!! Latest trend seems to be selling an aftermarket part but shipping JUNK or stock parts. Once it shows you recieved the item, no one will help (paypal etc)

Pay attention to what your buying as well. A $450 set of arms can easily cost more if you need them powderocated $60, new ball joints $100-125 new bushings $30-$75. Most folks buying their first set of aftermarket arms/swingers etc have no clue what to really look for and get hosed non stop.

There is definitely a learning curve involved in buying used parts. The more you buy the more you will get ripped off realize people find ways around the system (if they are an a-hole). I try to give people the benefit of the doubt but they almost always let me down.

On another note, pay attention to places that include shipping in their prices as well as minimum orders for free shipping. Sometimes it's 100 or more, so you should place at least a $100 order.

Whether they are a sponsor or not (the probably don't NEED to be) Rocky mountain is one of the cheapest places for parts - especially when you buy A LOT as they further discount stuff with rebates and special offers.

I would love to support local shops and smaller dealers, but it's hard when sometimes their prices are double and they don't want to give you a better deal when you buy more stuff.

rideracelivemx7
02-04-2009, 10:56 AM
cdb motorsports all quad parts used and new, awsome place guareteed 2 day or over night shipping standard, there awsome

400ex07
02-04-2009, 01:48 PM
I Think cdb has good prices but they were definitely not the fastest. It took over a week to get 2 little gas cap vents and I live probably 40 miles from where they are located.

86 Quad R
02-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by rideracelivemx7
cdb motorsports all quad parts used and new, awsome place guareteed 2 day or over night shipping standard, there awsome

agree'd!

400ex07 you shoulda juss drove up to buy those vents. :D

rideracelivemx7
02-07-2009, 06:45 AM
wow really!? i ordered from them several times and the very next day at 12 in the after noon theres my package waiting for me, musta been when there site was malfunctioning i know they had a big problem with there site about a year ago or less.

DuwBra
02-07-2009, 09:41 AM
rockymountainatv.com
I love that place and they have a crazy selection of aftermarket stuff.

rideracelivemx7
02-09-2009, 05:28 PM
rockymountain blows, horrible set up

Wheelie
02-09-2009, 05:54 PM
I only order from 4 different places:

C&D Racing--Great place, excellent customer service

www.servicehonda.com--Another excellent outfit to deal with--killer prices on OEM Honda parts

RockyMountainATV--Nothing but good luck with them--fast shipping

Motosport--If RM doesn't have what I need--I call Motosport.

RaceReflections
02-09-2009, 11:41 PM
Honestly I have never had good luck with motosport except for riding gear. But I personally perfer Rocky Mountain over any.