PDA

View Full Version : Dual Gasser Throttle

nick.black
02-02-2009, 11:15 PM
I have just installed the Dual Gasser Throttle - this gives me the option of using thumb or twist by pushing in a screw.
Obviously I have replaced the stock throttle, this stock part had 2 wires coming out of it into the relays under the hood. I presume this is for the starting process - i.e. do not push throttle during start. The new throtle does not support this so I have ripped that out.
Starts OK, no issues there - I have an issue with the twist throttle, if I twist just a little is stalls immediately, if I twist fast and further it is ok. The thumb throttle is perfect.
Any ideas on what could be the issue here? Freeplay on cable?
This may be a different issue but it seems that I am getting a backfire now with this new throttle - not sure of this is related. A 12 inch flame comes out the exhaust which is awesome to see but I guess not too good for the health of the engine.

loons
02-03-2009, 09:06 AM
You need to snip those wires and tie them together. At least on the yfz's we had to. I'm new to the hondas. I believe it's the same thing though. Throttle override sensor.

PROQUAD99
02-03-2009, 08:41 PM
DO YOU HAVE THE BOG WITH THE THUMB THROTTLE AS WELL?IS THIS A STOCK CARB?A LOOSE CABLE WONT CAUSE A BOG.

nick.black
02-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Nah, thumb throttle is good. I have spliced those wires together last night and it looks like the problem is solved. It seems those wires are a little more important than I initially thought.
Thanks for your responses.

nick.black
02-03-2009, 11:42 PM
Nah, thumb throttle is good. I have spliced those wires together last night and it looks like the problem is solved. It seems those wires are a little more important than I initially thought.
Thanks for your responses.