PDA

View Full Version : MMA, Best fighters in each weight class

deathcorefan2
02-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Just for fun, list your favorite fighters, or ones you think will soon be title holders, or ones that will hold on to their current title.

Heavyweight - Fedor, Mir, Gonzaga
Light HW - Rampage, Machida, maybe Shogun
Middleweight - Anderson Silva
Welter - GSP.
Lightweight - BJ, Faber

just want some opinions. be free to post vids of fights you like also.

walrusfarm
02-02-2009, 10:07 PM
IMHO

Heavywieght: Lesnar isn't going anywhere.
Light HW: Evans is the top dog right now, but Shogun could give him a run for his money.
Middleweight: Is there any doubt about Anderson Silva?
Welterweight: Thiago Silva will be the next champ.
Lightweight: BJ is the man, but KenFlo is comin on strong (Faber is good but he is a 145er)

deathcorefan2
02-02-2009, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by walrusfarm
IMHO

Heavywieght: Lesnar isn't going anywhere.
Light HW: Evans is the top dog right now, but Shogun could give him a run for his money.
Middleweight: Is there any doubt about Anderson Silva?
Welterweight: Thiago Silva will be the next champ.
Lightweight: BJ is the man, but KenFlo is comin on strong (Faber is good but he is a 145er)

yeah i know he is 145, but i think he could give most a run, moving up. i think rampage might be able to take rashad, and lyoto is looking VERY good in the UFC lately..well...always..14-0.

walrusfarm
02-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Rampage and Evans would be an unreal fight. You're right about Machida, he's bad **

deathcorefan2
02-02-2009, 10:22 PM
Rampage and Evans would be an unreal fight. You're right about Machida, he's bad **
I just LOVE the way he fights..the way his stance is, how is just hops around and stuff. thats what wins it, DIFFERENT strikers like anderson and lyoto.

walrusfarm
02-02-2009, 10:33 PM
Totally agree with you, his striking is on another level. I was surprised the way he took care of Silva sat night, didn't see that coming. I really thought silva would put up a better fight than that.

deathcorefan2
02-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Totally agree with you, his striking is on another level. I was surprised the way he took care of Silva sat night, didn't see that coming. I really thought silva would put up a better fight than that.

i was pulling for machida so hard lol
he is one of my fav fighters now. i love people with unique styles..but better than that are unique styles that WIN!.

Doak450r
02-03-2009, 02:22 AM
Hw: Fedor
Lhw: Rampage/Machida
Mw: Silver
Ww: GSP
Lw: Penn/Aoki