PDA

View Full Version : Oil Coolers - any performance gain?

razer
12-22-2002, 07:29 AM
Well, more to the point, any MEASURABLE performance gain? I'm talking about the Pingry and other coolers. Any articles I can read about them? They seem expensive and I'm not sure what real world performance gains, if any, they give.

Thanks.

Crowdog
12-22-2002, 08:22 AM
Nothing you would notice.

Jon

razer
12-22-2002, 08:30 AM
And what about Air scoops? Any measurable performance gains?

Crowdog, have you considered anodizing your different colors? It looks really trick.

wheeltrax
12-22-2002, 09:32 AM
Your not going to get any noticeable power increase. But your motor will run cooler longer, which increases efficiency and life of the motor. Thats something to think about.

Crowdog
12-22-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by razer
And what about Air scoops? Any measurable performance gains?

Crowdog, have you considered anodizing your different colors? It looks really trick.

Yes, but decided against it due to cost. I don't have the volume like OMF, so the cost would be too high.

bmw500hp
12-22-2002, 05:56 PM
I myself feel that for no other reason than longevity...One should at least consider additional cooling...

An oil tank / scoops / or an aftermarket cooler such as dirtmods or a four stroke tech unit... or a combination....

It might not be a performance "incease" you find but it may prevent a performance "decrease" due to an engine operating at beyond optimum tempreture....