PDA

View Full Version : rekluse

sheriff525
02-02-2009, 08:58 PM
does the rekluse clutch come with new plates and fibers? i have to replace my clutch but i think i will upgrade if it does.

GE4x4
02-03-2009, 06:13 AM
Comes with plates, but no fibers.

Colby@C&DRacing
02-03-2009, 09:35 AM
GE4x4 is correct the new Prostart clutch comes with everything you need except new fibers. I used the Pro start in my outlaw last year and loved it. I did notice that the KTM motor wears fiber plates faster than other ATV's that I have raced. If you are interested in a Rekluse give us a call we are a tuning and installation center for them.

SSJEFF
02-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
GE4x4 is correct the new Prostart clutch comes with everything you need except new fibers. I used the Pro start in my outlaw last year and loved it. I did notice that the KTM motor wears fiber plates faster than other ATV's that I have raced. If you are interested in a Rekluse give us a call we are a tuning and installation center for them.

I have also noticed it eats clutches up more, I think it is the oil temps. Working on my self made oil cooler. Have to get some bugs worked out.

The rekluse was great in the tight stuff. I would not recomend one in real sandy conditions as it seemed to eat the clutches up even more there.

somewon
02-05-2009, 03:12 PM
I would love to have a rekluse, but the price tag is pretty high. I think I'm going to make it my goal to have one before the heartland challenge in Iowa this august.

SSJEFF, let us know how that oil cooler works out, i would be nice to be able to run everything a little cooler and gain a little more capacity.

TYLER329
02-05-2009, 04:56 PM
I also found that the brand and weight made a difference on how the clutch engages.

Colby@C&DRacing
02-06-2009, 08:50 AM
My outlaw was new at the beginning of the season. I installed the rekluse clutch right away. I had to install an adjustment shim half way through the season and after the heartland 10hr in Nov the fibers needed replaced when I turn the atv back into Polaris. The rekluse works fine in the sand you just need to install more balls for a heavier clamping force.

TYLER329
02-06-2009, 09:15 AM
Brand and weight of OIL duh....left that out of the previous post.

OutlawBill
02-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
My outlaw was new at the beginning of the season. I installed the rekluse clutch right away. I had to install an adjustment shim half way through the season and after the heartland 10hr in Nov the fibers needed replaced when I turn the atv back into Polaris. The rekluse works fine in the sand you just need to install more balls for a heavier clamping force.

Which ones ss or t

Colby@C&DRacing
02-06-2009, 09:59 AM
the T's

GE4x4
02-06-2009, 10:13 AM
Colby, will you be on a 09 for this season??

Colby@C&DRacing
02-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Yes I should have both the 525s and 525 IRS soon. We will be building both for XC racing and doing numerous right ups on both.