PDA

View Full Version : smoke coming out of the engine

buster09
02-02-2009, 08:41 PM
hello, my warrior 350 is releasing some smoke out of the front part of the engine just below the steering handle, i believe its the connection between the exhaust pipe and the engine, and its a smell i cant really recognize, does anyone know what could be going on?

thanks!

keglassg
02-04-2009, 02:24 PM
what color is the smoke, be specific becuase that can determine what it is.

Ogener
02-04-2009, 04:39 PM
you may have blown the exhaust donut. If so its just a simple case of pulling the header off , replacing the donut and putting the header back on. Be careful not to break the studs I hear it can be easy.

keglassg
02-04-2009, 06:05 PM
thats very true, but if it smells, it may have an underlaying problem. tell me if its gray, blue, or black so that we can eliminate that as a problem if there is nothing wrong. ill agree with him, its likely the exhaust gasket but it could be a head gasket also, though ive never seen it happen on that motor before.

buster09
02-04-2009, 09:26 PM
just grey, like cigarette smoke

keglassg
02-04-2009, 10:09 PM
best chance is you just lost your exhaust gasket, dont worry about the smell if it just gray like that, there is nothing in it. its probably the octane smell that doesnt have time to burn off in the header. take it to your dealer and have them fix it. its very very easy to break the exhaust studs off in the head, i've done it, have a pro do it. it will save you a lot of headache and trouble because if they break it, they get to fix it :) and shoot me and update to let me know how it works out for you

buster09
02-05-2009, 11:32 AM
thanks a lot to both of you, it should be fairly simple then... i loaded the bike to a pickup already iim taking it to the dealer right now

motox92
03-15-2009, 06:21 PM
To the dealer for that?!?!?! thats nuts

keglassg
03-16-2009, 07:38 AM
there is nothing nuts about having someone else perform a repair that you dont know how to do, especially when its something that can be f*cked up so easily and cause a lot more problems :)