PDA

View Full Version : 2008 450er Hrc Kit

BAD450R
02-02-2009, 05:38 PM
Has anybody bought/installed one of these kits... If so do you have the part #'s for the peices in the kit... Do you know if i can buy the indvidual parts... I have seen the kit online some where and noticed that each part had a part number... Or does someone know the part number to the HRC JET KIT, CDI HARNESS... Or where to get one...

pitsrule
02-03-2009, 04:53 PM
If you can find a 2008 manual download online somewhere it has the listed parts in the back of it. I have one....if i have time later tonight ill send the list to you.
Try the org for the manual download.

hendershot106
02-05-2009, 11:21 AM
if you want just the hrc jet kit and the harness..... its easy... you dont need the harness.... pop the hood off... and the far left plug into the cdi has a green wire- just cut it.

as for the jet kit...... search on here if u want the exact hrc needle...

but a good needle is the honda NCVQ part #

16231-MEN-671 - ITS ONLY 22 RETAIL!!

and the hrc kit main jet is a 162 keihin main jet..

but if you put a pipe on it that main jet wont do any good... u will need a 175-178 or so...

make sure you take your airbox lid off.... and adjust your fuel screw to about 2.5 turns.

BAD450R
02-05-2009, 02:02 PM
I was wanting to do the harness for warranty purpose only... it is stock... I need to know what needle/jet combo to run for what I am about to do... I am about to install the 2" power tip, remove the air lid, and install a uni filter... Can somebody give a good starting point...

hendershot106
02-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by BAD450R
I was wanting to do the harness for warranty purpose only... it is stock... I need to know what needle/jet combo to run for what I am about to do... I am about to install the 2" power tip, remove the air lid, and install a uni filter... Can somebody give a good starting point...

no air box lid, uni filter, baffle out of silencer....

cut the wire higher and put tape back over..

run a 165-170, NCVQ needle,, no air box lid, and adjust your black half moon shaped screw on bottom of carb 2.5 turns out from lightly all in..... i have jetted a bike in that exact setup with a 168 main, just put a small washer under stock needle to raise it, pulled out the baffle, no air box lid, and a complete uni filter... on 93 octane pump gas.... at 1300 ft elevation....

hendershot106
02-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by BAD450R

i just realized you were talkin about installing a "power tip"
- dont waste your money.... save up for a slip on or full system...

SHIFTx450
02-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by hendershot106
no air box lid, uni filter, baffle out of silencer....

cut the wire higher and put tape back over..

run a 165-170, NCVQ needle,, no air box lid, and adjust your black half moon shaped screw on bottom of carb 2.5 turns out from lightly all in..... i have jetted a bike in that exact setup with a 168 main, just put a small washer under stock needle to raise it, pulled out the baffle, no air box lid, and a complete uni filter... on 93 octane pump gas.... at 1300 ft elevation....

YES!!!! that is almost identical to my setup.. sh*t is snappy huh?

hendershot106
02-06-2009, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by SHIFTx450
YES!!!! that is almost identical to my setup.. sh*t is snappy huh?

for just tuning with basically no aftermarket components... its a large improvement

AbnMP13
02-18-2009, 04:59 PM
I'm about to purchase a 09 450 and was considering the HRC kit. I mostly ride trails and the ocassional track but nothing serious.

I will install an aftermarket pipe and rejet based on suggestions from here. I read alot about the DASA pipes so I'll check on them and open airbox with outerwear.

What else does the HRC kit entail other than cam and larger exhaust outlet?

jkulysses
02-18-2009, 05:08 PM
It comes with a different breather T fitting, headpipe and exhaust tip, the cdi harness and a jet kit. If your going to get a different pipe than don't bother with the hrc kit. Just get the dasa and a hotcam II, cut the green wire and drill out the stock breather t. There is a full write up on www.trx450r.org on how to do all of this. Or you can get the hrc kit and a hmf slip-on exhaust and your not going to make much less power than the other combo until you start getting into more serious motor work.