PDA

View Full Version : back to big bore pipes

jas250r
02-02-2009, 05:13 PM
if i want more mid and top for my 350pv(currently have a esr5) i was think i should go with a big-bore pipe. ct pv pipe, lrd bb pipe, sparks big bore tt pipe, . . . ?

i even thought that a esr 9 would be a good one, but would it be better than a true big bore pipe?

Anyone have a new ct or esr spark arestor silencer?, how do you like it? sound good?

pdxbigfoot
02-02-2009, 05:45 PM
I went this route.
Arlan Lehman the founder of LRD has a new shop called Led Performance.
He took over my motor build about 8 months ago and basically built me a NEW motor from the crank out. When it came time for the pipe he recommended a design that he was never able to release named the TRX400BB.
I was fortunate enough to be able to help him fabricate this monster and i feel blessed to have helped create such a work of art.
Keep this in mind when you choose your pipe. He will build it to order and will be designed with your power requirements in mind.
It will take longer and probally cost more but it will be one of a kind and not a generic "cookie cutter" off the shelf.
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff145/pdxbigfoot/mainpipe.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff145/pdxbigfoot/headpipe.jpg

derby
02-02-2009, 05:47 PM
While all esr pipes usually work well on the stock and smaller bores most of them were designed around a 370 motor so they were originally designed for the big bore setups. Also they have some other pipes in the works that have not been released to the public. One of them will be for there 82mm bore X 80mm stroke. I would try the trx 9 if you are looking for more top end for that size motor.

pdxbigfoot I had also spoke with him about a pipe a while back for a motor. He said that he could build a pipe to suite any setup. He seemed kind of excited to get back into a few R motors. Pipe looks good. What size stinger will the pipe use?

pdxbigfoot
02-02-2009, 05:53 PM
its a surprise!
i will be posting dyno runs as soon as they happen.

96_banshee_96
02-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Jas250r... If your interested in selling that pipe let me know. Im from saginaw, mi

jas250r
02-03-2009, 02:01 PM
okay i will, might be a little while. what's the diameter of the pipe that goes to the silencer on these compared to a smaller bore pipe? ct said that the smaller section on there pv pipe was bigger and was part of solving heat issue. i would lean towards a esr 9 with one of the new sparky silencers, as it will be impossible to find a sparks bb tt pipe and silencer! and neil mentioned kick starter room with the ct pv pipe, that would be a pain.

Honda 250r 001
02-03-2009, 02:26 PM
the esr trx 9 is a great pipe. get that for mid-top end with out losing bottom but get he trx 11 for hill shooter but u will loose bottom end.

morse250r
02-03-2009, 04:22 PM
its hard to beat a trx 5 had one on my 350 kit and dyno run it compare to a trx 11 the lines flirted with each other one was above and theyd switch the only thing is the trx 11 carried a few hundred r's more making it a hill shooter....... with that said if you have a esr 5 id keep it those pipes pull to the moon i now have a shearer out of frame that makes both those pipes look stupid