PDA

View Full Version : Quote for the day

Alberta_Qaudin
02-02-2009, 12:46 PM
"guns dont kill people, people kill people." BULL CHIT. Thats like saying, "toasters dont toast toast, toast toasts toast"

k4f5x0r
02-02-2009, 12:47 PM
no it makes perfect sense.

guns dont shootpeople. the person behind the gun shoots people.

its a thinker :rolleyes:

Alberta_Qaudin
02-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by k4f5x0r
no it makes perfect sense.

guns dont shootpeople. the person behind the gun shoots people.

its a thinker :rolleyes:

hey man i was just posting it fer fun.

but for the sake of arguement how would the person have shot someone with out a gun??, just like how would the toast have gotten toasted with out the toaster.......

godzilla
02-02-2009, 01:04 PM
As a Canadian, you will never be able to convince an American that guns are bad. I suggest that you just drop it, because it could get quite ugly, quite fast.

my .02 cents.

k4f5x0r
02-02-2009, 01:06 PM
i know people couldnt shoot people without guns. but think about it.

a gun cant kill a person by itself. it NEEDS something to trigger it and cause it to fire. therefore the person is the trigger in causing a person to be killed.

oh and i have mixed views about guns. i beleive people should take a non retardation test to make sure they have common sense, so they can own a gun. and should be liable if their gun gets stolen,their kid kill himself/someone etc etc.

but guns should be kept incase obama decides to go awal on our asses so we can fight back :devil:

Alberta_Qaudin
02-02-2009, 01:09 PM
lol....as a canadian? what you think we dont have rednecks up here, 90% or more of people i know have they're fair share of a wide range of guns, i'm not protesting, arguing, or anything along those lines, i poset a quote i thought was kinda funny....thats it thats all, i have no problem with guns what so ever.

ProspectorJim
02-02-2009, 01:14 PM
Don't Canadians need guns to fight off the hordes of moose?:p

godzilla
02-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Alberta_Qaudin
lol....as a canadian? what you think we dont have rednecks up here, 90% or more of people i know have they're fair share of a wide range of guns, i'm not protesting, arguing, or anything along those lines, i poset a quote i thought was kinda funny....thats it thats all, i have no problem with guns what so ever.

In case you just woke up, I will explain; Canadians and Americans for the MOST part, have fundamental differences in the way they think. Canadians are more passive, and the crime rate ratios prove that. Although Canada does have its share of rednecks ( especially in Alberta :p ), the majority of the country is not in agreement with the US' lenient gun laws.

godzilla
02-02-2009, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
Don't Canadians need guns to fight off the hordes of moose?:p

NO. they use hockey sticks. :)

derekhonda
02-02-2009, 01:24 PM
And pencils make people fail tests and spoons make people fat, blah blah blah. You can spin it anything anyway you want Alberta...News flash, people have always killed other people, even before there were guns, so i guess deep inside guns arent really the problem!

extremeblastr
02-02-2009, 01:29 PM
you want good quotes, i'll give you good quotes.

Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

House Guarded By Shotgun 3 Days A Week. Guess Which Days.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left.

It's your god. They're your rules. *You* go to hell.

I once prayed to god for a bike, but quickly found out he didnt work that way...so I stole a bike and prayed for his forgiveness

If pro is opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?

My god carries a hammer. Your god died nailed to a tree. Any questions?

Sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them.

Actual Headline: Typhoon Rips Through Cemetery; Hundreds Dead

If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.

if my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN

A train station is where the train stops. A bus station is where the bus stops. On my desk, I have a work station...

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

You can't be late until you show up.

Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway

Parents spend the first part of our lives teaching us to walk and talk, and the rest of it telling us to sit down and shut up.

powermadd400ex
02-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr

Parents spend the first part of our lives teaching us to walk and talk, and the rest of it telling us to sit down and shut up.

i have a shirt with that on it :p

907Rider
02-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
hahaha:eek:

ridered92
02-02-2009, 01:47 PM
this is by far one of the dumbest threads i have read. gun dont kill people people kill people is right due to the fact a gun cant load a clip put it in its self pull back the action and pull the trigger by its self. by you posting this all your asking for is a flaming war.
if i was you i would just deleat it now and go on with your day.

have a nice day

Alberta_Qaudin
02-02-2009, 02:07 PM
lol....wow, all i did was post a quote i thought was kind of funny, and a stupid way to look at things and it was taken seriously. flame away, i wasnt looking to start anything, upset anyone, bring into question the differences between canadian and american fundementals.

it was a quote, meant ot be kinda maybe a little funny. sorry if anyone took it any other way than that

ridered92
02-02-2009, 02:12 PM
sorry i kinda lost it in my last post. i just after obama getting in office and his views on guns then seeing this post just rubbed me the wrong way.

Alberta_Qaudin
02-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by ridered92
sorry i kinda lost it in my last post. i just after obama getting in office and his views on guns then seeing this post just rubbed me the wrong way.

i can appreciate that, and i appologise for anyone who took offence i assure you it wasnt meant to cause any kind of debate or arguement, nor was it a personal beliefe

godzilla
02-02-2009, 02:24 PM
i can appreciate that, and i appologise for anyone who took offence i assure you it wasnt meant to cause any kind of debate or arguement, nor was it a personal beliefe

Youre just upset because the Oilers are fighting to keep a playoff spot...

:D

Quad18star
02-02-2009, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by godzilla
NO. they use hockey sticks. :)

That's right .... the moose knows better when I break out my Easton 110 flex stick. :devil:

05LSR250R
02-02-2009, 02:31 PM
That big list of quips and quotes was hilarious, loved it!! I've got a book about 4" thick thats full of'em!!

godzilla
02-02-2009, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
That's right .... the moose knows better when I break out my Easton 110 flex stick. :devil:

Yeah, but they dont hurt as much as a good ol' Sherwood 5030...there's TOO much flex.

ZeroLogic
02-02-2009, 02:42 PM
Quit *****in and post more quotes!:macho

powermadd400ex
02-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Quit *****in and post more quotes!:macho

for real, i got a good laugh outta that last list :D

deathcorefan2
02-02-2009, 03:01 PM
"guns dont kill people, people kill people." BULL CHIT. Thats like saying, "toasters dont toast toast, toast toasts toast"

OK I GOT IT.

guns don't kill people, dangerous people that want to shoot you and coincidentally have a firearm do.

/win.

extremeblastr
02-02-2009, 03:14 PM
not quotes (working on that) but it should give you some good laughs in the mean time.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XiFrfeJ8dKM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XiFrfeJ8dKM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Alberta_Qaudin
02-02-2009, 03:28 PM
demitri martin is one funny man.

and easy on the oilers.......thats a soft spot...lol

powermadd400ex
02-02-2009, 03:28 PM
batteries dies :D :p :blah:

extremeblastr
02-02-2009, 03:33 PM
ok here ya go

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Every fight is a food fight when you’re a cannibal

Sometimes I need what only you can provide: your absence.

It's a catastrophic success

I feel so miserable without you, it's almost like having you here.

If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

If you’re one in a million, there are six thousand people exactly like you

extremeblastr
02-02-2009, 03:39 PM
got a crapload more but i don't find them amusing anymore. read em to many times lol.

CaptainCanuck
02-02-2009, 08:08 PM
Youre just upset because the Oilers are fighting to keep a playoff spot...

Atleast we're fighting for a spot. Still gives me hope that at the deadline we'll get Kovalchuk to play with Hemsky and make a serious run for the cup.

godzilla
02-03-2009, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by CaptainCanuck
Atleast we're fighting for a spot. Still gives me hope that at the deadline we'll get Kovalchuk to play with Hemsky and make a serious run for the cup.

Chances are he will move, but I bet you he will stay in the US. Something tells me he is going to end up in New Jersey...

ZeroLogic
02-03-2009, 09:56 AM
Not really a quote but lets see who can guess what comedian said it.

My house caught fire when I was sleeping at night and my kids were running around screaming, my wife yelled at them and said quiet you'll wake your father!

CaptainCanuck
02-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Chances are he will move, but I bet you he will stay in the US. Something tells me he is going to end up in New Jersey...
If anything, I think Jersey will try to land a big D-man like Jay Bouwmeester. I think they're a pretty solid offensive team with guys like Parise, Elias, Zajac, and now Shanny. But I don't think Jersey will do much. I think the Oil will make a big push for a sniper after missing the playoffs for the last 2 years.

godzilla
02-03-2009, 11:30 AM
If anything, I think Jersey will try to land a big D-man like Jay Bouwmeester. I think they're a pretty solid offensive team with guys like Parise, Elias, Zajac, and now Shanny. But I don't think Jersey will do much. I think the Oil will make a big push for a sniper after missing the playoffs for the last 2 years.

I think Bouwmeester will stay put as Florida is making a push for a playoff spot...BUT if he moves, hes going to Montreal. mark my words.

I agree about the Oilers needing a sniper though. Since you lost Ryan Smith, there hasnt been one to fill the void.

CaptainCanuck
02-03-2009, 12:33 PM
But Florida is in a bind though. JBo is a UFA at the end of the year. If they don't trade him at the deadline, they risk losing him at the end of the year for nothing. I wouldn't really consider Smytty being a sniper. He was just a hard nosed grinder that knew how to play in front of the net. We need a Spezza, Kovie, Lecalvier...someone who can bury Hemskys passes.

I'd put money on Lecavalier going to Montreal. I think Montreal will make an unreal offer to Tampa on the deadline they won't be able to refuse.

Alberta_Qaudin
02-03-2009, 02:16 PM
I think Bouwmeester will stay put as Florida is making a push for a playoff spot...BUT if he moves, hes going to Montreal. mark my words.

I agree about the Oilers needing a sniper though. Since you lost Ryan Smith, there hasnt been one to fill the void.

i wouldnt have called smyth a sniper, his banging infront of the net just made it easier for the shooters to pick they're spot. if hemsky would pull the trigger he's all the sniper we need, he just needs to shoot and stay confident, right now he is on a 16 pts in 12 games streak i believe and his biggest problem has been injury throwing him off. as much as i hate to say it and i really like the man, the oils problem right now it the coach, he just doesnt seem to have it in him to modivate them right now. i think the team is much more solid then it is performing

as far as Lecavalier goesd from what i have read, tampa has squashed all rumors of him going anywhere.

02-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Can anyone guess who said this..? lol

"Life is like fighting a dinosaur.. it's really hard."

godzilla
02-03-2009, 02:40 PM
But Florida is in a bind though. JBo is a UFA at the end of the year. If they don't trade him at the deadline, they risk losing him at the end of the year for nothing. I wouldn't really consider Smytty being a sniper. He was just a hard nosed grinder that knew how to play in front of the net. We need a Spezza, Kovie, Lecalvier...someone who can bury Hemskys passes.

I'd put money on Lecavalier going to Montreal. I think Montreal will make an unreal offer to Tampa on the deadline they won't be able to refuse.

You certainly dont want a Kovalev...granted he is very talented, but probably the most inconsistent player in the league. He NEEDS the spotlight to be effective, and I know for a fact that Sheldon Souray is not too fond of him.

As for Lecavalier in Montreal, they can only dream. Vinny is happy there...no pressure and total anonymity. If he went to Montreal, he would not be able to take a crap without a journalist wanting to know what toilet paper he used to wipe himself with.

godzilla
02-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
Can anyone guess who said this..? lol

"Life is like fighting a dinosaur.. it's really hard."

a caveman ?

02-03-2009, 02:54 PM
a caveman ?

Nope, Jon Lajoie:p

CaptainCanuck
02-03-2009, 08:28 PM
You certainly dont want a Kovalev...granted he is very talented, but probably the most inconsistent player in the league. He NEEDS the spotlight to be effective, and I know for a fact that Sheldon Souray is not too fond of him.

As for Lecavalier in Montreal, they can only dream. Vinny is happy there...no pressure and total anonymity. If he went to Montreal, he would not be able to take a crap without a journalist wanting to know what toilet paper he used to wipe himself with.
By Kovie...I meant Kovalchuk. I wouldn't mind Kovalev as a 4 million dollar guy to have. Yes, he is inconsistent, but when you look at who the Oil have now (Horcoff and Penner cough cough) that make more money than him and are much worse, Kovalev looks like a Gem.

As far as Tampa, I think their organization needs a big shake up much like Ottawa. Yes, all the talent in the world is there (Ottawa-Heatley Spezza Alfie and Tamp- Lecalvier St.Louis), but the Chemistry isn't. So I could see Vinny being asked to wave his NTC. No player will stay where they do not feel welcome.