PDA

View Full Version : Round 2 Racetown 395

GWTT
02-02-2009, 10:21 AM
Well round 1 was awesome. Hope round 2 goes just as well. Went to Racetown this past weekend and practiced on the vet track. quads are not allowed to be on the main unless a big series is racing. There is a larger step up that will be intimidating but other then that, the mx section looks to be very nice and not over anyone's skill level. the desert section is very very sandy and whooped out already from district 37 grand prix. We are lucky to have our race weekend after the desert viper's famous Adelanto Grand prix. Adelanto triples in size for that weekend and there is only literally one way in/out. it sucks trying to get out of there. but is a fun but dangerous race. poorly supervised. saw a bad wreck due to people crossing the track.... there are a few gas stations (one with diesel) near the track. Adelanto is a very small city so dont expect to get supplies there. You will most likely need to go to victorville about as 20 minute drive one way. Be prepaird for all conditions. its known to snow at racetown (did a few weeks ago) very cold at nights and can be hot in the days. If your coming from out of state, the devore race (round 7) Is only another 40 minutes if that to Glen Helen and if you live where every part or gear you buy has to be ordered. you may want to drive down to Chaparrel. its literally 5 minutes past the Glen Helen off ramp. I live 1.5 hrs away from racetown and 45 minutes from Glen Helen. Hoping that gives me somewhat of an advantage over the rest (ya right!) I need to practice my starts! im horrible, stalled in open B and Came off last in Sport B. but i finished well. Triumph is also close by so they will be able to help with parts. good luck and hope to see everyone who made round 1 and those who will be making round 2 as round 1 for them.
Steven Albert #714

daddio
02-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Sounds like you had a good time.
We will be down for Racetown then staying for the ITP round #1 at Glen Helen.

WORCSYFZ199
02-09-2009, 10:36 PM
Yeah I love the Racetown WORCS event. The motocross track there is always a blast and the big step up is super fun you just have to commit! haha but yeah the back section is sandy and gets pretty well beat up but that's part of why I like it, the technical rough tracks are always good for me, anyways I'm excited to see everyone out there and see how I'll do, hopefully better than Phoenix, that two hour+ main took me 2hours and 18 minutes, was super beat so I'll get myself in better shape, should be awesome though.

riding4fun
02-10-2009, 05:26 AM
I was tired from watching for 2 hour, LOL. I'm just hoping to finish my 40c race without the arm pump taking over. It was miserable.

GWTT
02-15-2009, 12:02 AM
Went to Racetown today for a final run before the track gets shut down for the bikes and quads. Rode the vet track again which is somewhat like the main but much smaller and less maintained. My friend and I decided to go outside the mx track and ride the desert section trails. As were riding multiple bikes (not quads) blow by us like standing still. My friend and I are equal skill level (B) and made us look like we were standing still. turns out it was the Honda WORCS bike team. #1 plate. dont follow the bikes to much but they were hauling. The desert section even with the rain and snow yesterday, still was whooped OUT! Alot of the whoop faces were at some points a ft tall and the breaking bumps were ridiculous! good practice though. we came back into the track and saw a guy airing it big on the vet step up #3 Honda quad, Beau Baron. He made the trip 5 hrs to do a little practice. Asked him if he had pre ran any of the desert sections. He didnt know you could. So he and I went out and rode for awhile. The desert is Blm land. Man, he is stupid fast! I did 4 laps and he was on his fifth and just seconds of lapping me. He was even riding on a stock axle since he snapped his at pismo few days before he said. then we saw life flight and decided to cruise back to the track make sure our friends were ok which they were thank god. poor kid ate it on the step up. It was a good day at the track. be prepaired for mud or snow. very cold up there! Hope to see you guys there.

adrenalinefreak
02-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Tina

Are you guys going to make it to this one? Can't remember if you said you were or not.

Hopefully do better this round. I've atually been riding a couple times and starting to get used to the thumb throttle...just gonna stick with it instead of replacing my twist.

Trying to talk Carter into getting me the Quadtech seat instead of replacing my Flexxbars that got stolen...would love a softer seat than the brick i'm on now...hehe we'll see

QuadJunkies
02-21-2009, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by adrenalinefreak
Tina

Are you guys going to make it to this one? Can't remember if you said you were or not.

No, we had hoped to but were still trying to get settled at home from the move and money is just too tight right now .:(
We def. wont be into anything for the points this season after missing two rounds. :ermm:

GWTT
02-21-2009, 01:43 PM
Quad Junkies, sorry to miss you at round 2 as well. You have given WORCS alot of viewing. (I read all your stuff as a snooper when i wasnt on the site :D ) But didnt you recently buy a new house? Im 24 and next yr probably wont be racing due to the poor economy and I want to be able to afford my own place. cant afford to go racing and live decent right now. SO this season Im giving it all I got!

QuadJunkies
02-21-2009, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by GWTT
Quad Junkies, sorry to miss you at round 2 as well. You have given WORCS alot of viewing. (I read all your stuff as a snooper when i wasnt on the site :D ) But didnt you recently buy a new house? Im 24 and next yr probably wont be racing due to the poor economy and I want to be able to afford my own place. cant afford to go racing and live decent right now. SO this season Im giving it all I got!
Actually, we were selling our house and got an offer,so we needed to move quickly,we just got a rental for now until we see if a transfer late in the year will bring us closer South where we want to move.
I cant believe how much crap you accumulate over 10 years in a home .:scary: :p lol
We are officially out as of today-YAY!!

Thank you GWTT, I appreciate that, that was my goal and hoped that somehow I made a difference in getting the series and the riders the exposure it so much deserves.
We will be back, its all just crap timing right now :(
MY kids are pretty bummed, but they understand I think for the most part.We miss everyone alot.

riding4fun
02-25-2009, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Actually, we were selling our house and got an offer,so we needed to move quickly,we just got a rental for now until we see if a transfer late in the year will bring us closer South where we want to move.
I cant believe how much crap you accumulate over 10 years in a home .:scary: :p lol
We are officially out as of today-YAY!!

Thank you GWTT, I appreciate that, that was my goal and hoped that somehow I made a difference in getting the series and the riders the exposure it so much deserves.
We will be back, its all just crap timing right now :(
MY kids are pretty bummed, but they understand I think for the most part.We miss everyone alot.

Tina,

I'm sure I can speak for many in saying you were missed at round one and will be missed in Rd2. You do excellent coverage for this series.

Darrell

QuadJunkies
02-25-2009, 11:21 AM
Thank you Darrell, thats very nice . ;)

With any luck,things hoefuoly get better soon. I THINK I might have just landed myself a career change in the ATV Industry :D

GWTT
02-25-2009, 01:51 PM
& day forecast show's saturday to be the warmest. No signs of rain yet. with the past few rains probably wont be dust either. the fastest 5 minutes of motorsports video for the bikes showed a very whooped and sandy track. going to be like riding in glamis when it rains. couple more days!

QuadJunkies
02-26-2009, 12:02 AM
I remember one of the races thre 2 years ago POURED RAIN.
Thats when I learned to always travel with the proper rain gear after that! lol
good to hear weather will be decent this time around....

adrenalinefreak
03-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Does anyone know who was taking pictures at the race this weekend? I cannot remember the name of the place...wanted to take a look online. Saw a couple I liked and maybe even one I want to buy!!

The race weekend was awesome and we couldn't ask for better weather or better conditions!! Dust was not a problem this race. There was maybe a couple sections where it got a little dusty but nothing too bad!!

I had a great race in the Women's A class. I had a couple of problems but managed to charge on and find my way into 3rd place. This was my first podium in the Women's A class. I got bumped up last year in round 3! So I was pretty stoked.

My 2nd race I didn't do as well as I had liked. I started out great but after getting taken out and pushed up off the track and getting stuck and also not having much left in the energy tank I was struggling. IN fact, I came around at the end of the fourth lap and saw the clock was closed and I was thanking god until I realized he wasn't going to give me the checker yet.urghhhh. So I had to do another lap! Swooh that took some heart!

My third race was on Sunday morning and I started out well (again) was killing it and I got stuck in the rock section. I don't know what I was thinking but after you dropped down on the right side I was behind someone and I looked over and saw another place to go and one I committed to it I realized it was full of big rocks and I got stuck...lol I made another charge and caught some people but lost steam again and next thing you know I'm getting passed.

End results:
Women's A 3rd place
Open B 10th place
Sport B 10th place

So now I need to train longer or cut out the second race on Saturday!! We'll see.

I loved the Tires and the Logs we had to go over and I also thought it was cool that EVERYONE had to go over them! I think the kids enjoyed it as well, not sure if some of the parents did though.

THe PRo race was cool and I guess on Friday a lot of the ATVA guys were at the track practicing! Dustin WImmer, Doug Gust, Josh Creamer and Shumaker (don't know his first name). I didn't see any of except for the Kawi guys cause they raced on Sunday...I don't tend to get star struck or whatever that's called.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and made it home safely!

riding4fun
03-02-2009, 12:57 PM
lmpsports

castone001
03-02-2009, 04:08 PM
Glad you had a great time and I honestly dont know how you can ride 3 motos!! I for one am thoroughly impressed!

Thr pro race was a blast to watch as well!!

At the urging of some friends that we race ITP with, I brought my daughter Joelle up #948, really for practice. She got injured last May and is finally 100%. So the plan was to race the unclassified just for the seat time and prepare for ITP opener. Well after the unclassified she said she felt great so we entered her into the Womans C.

All our discussion was round doing a couple laps taking it easy and dont get hurt, pull off after like two laps. Welp she ended up holeshotting and that was all the incentive she needed. She came in first, happy as hell and extremely tired! She couldn't get off her bike for 10 minutes! :)

Lots of fun and she did love the course and yes the tires as well :)

Looking forward to a grat ITP season!

Joelle #948
Chris #949

WORCSYFZ199
03-02-2009, 10:59 PM
I thought it was an awesome weekend, and yeah my brother got to ride with some of the fastest ATV pros ever, I mean how many chances do you get to do that? I would have been out there riding with them but my suzuki broke, but i went over to their box truck after and they had a spare part and hooked me up so I have to thank them or else I wouldn't have even raced this weekend :-p but yeah ended up getting 5th in Open A was in 4th and got bumped off the track at the end by my little bro so he took 4th from me haha it was all in good racing though and yeah sunday 2 hour pro race, I was once again not in the shape I need to be for it, didn't have any problems with the track it was perfect and the motocross was fun ended up 10th in Pro-Am, was an awesome weekend, gonna hit up the gym and come out swinging for havasu!

adrenalinefreak
03-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Castone thanks!! I was barely able to get off my quad after my second race!! lol...I took several minutes of leaning on my truck before I was able to get all my gear off. I was literally exhausted!!

The 3 races is kind of tough I'm not sure if I'll keep that up! It's great training for my main race and I'm glad my women's race is first!! So we'll see!

Great to hear about your daughter!! I fractured my wrist and radius in August last year at one of the Washington races and I'm just now getting close to being 100%, so I can relate!! Tell her congrats!! I might see you guys at ITP. Not sure which class I'm going to do. I might do two of them. The 450 intermediate and the Women's Expert?!? I dunno!

We'll see though! Wallets still cooling off from this race weekend : )

WORCSYFZ199, that two hour PRO race is brutal!! I've set qualifying for the Pro Am at least once as a goal and I don't know about that two hours!! :scary: we'll see. I've got awhile to go. I need to increase my stamina so I can race the whole race like I do the first lap!!

GWTT
03-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Saturday's race I came off second around the first turn in the Open B class. I battled with #67 and #338 the whole race for thrid. first and second were locked up by #'s 177 and 185. That Cole kid is super fast! :eek2: I ended up being 4th. I had 3rd in the bag but got super tired about a mile from the finish and almost wrecked. #67 then passes me for third.
Sundays race I had a horrible start spinning the tires and bouncing off #67 and adrenalinefreak (sorry) I had to let off so no one would wreck. After the second Lap I sawq 177 stalled and Offered to try and push start him. it didn't work :( not only that but I lost so much distance on the top 4 riders and just lost 5th trying to help 177. turned out he had to DNF. bummer. so I caught #120 and passed him in the last lap. he'd beat me thru the mx section but the desert I was much faster. Im horrible at the mx stuff so hopefully havasu will bring me a podium position for the first time ever! This weekend was difficult for me running new untested shocks front and rear. Also not being able to ride for two weeks. I haven't even got them dialed in yet. going either to milestone mx park or Glen Helen Saturday to do some testing and ge them dialed in for Havasu.

adrenalinefreak
03-03-2009, 03:05 PM
GWTT...now worries, rubbings racing!! To be honest I didn't even remember that. :)

I do remember you getting around me when for some reason I went left in the rock section and about 3 people got around me...I even thought to myself, what the heck am I doing? I must have just kind of blacked out or something and wasn't paying attention cause I always go right...then ended up getting stuck all the way to the right in the rocks..lol

I had a blast...just need to ride more. I wish I knew more quad riders who I could learn from and follow around me!!! I need to improve in the MX section cause I lose sooooooooo much time there!!

I might be racing ITP this weekend which is at Glen Helen. MIght go down Saturday and practice and race Sunday, haven't decided yet. If not I'll be at the new (re-opened) track in Vegas.

See ya in Havasu!! It's probably gonna be a hot one!!!!

WORCSYFZ199
03-03-2009, 08:11 PM
haha o yeah havasu is gonna be an awesome race most likely hot and super rough like usual I'm stoked :-) and yeah the two hours is tough I rode good has a fast 2nd lap then dropped way off so I got some training to do before havasu too!

QuadJunkies
03-04-2009, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by GWTT
Saturday's race I came off second around the first turn in the Open B class. I battled with #67 and #338 the whole race for thrid. first and second were locked up by #'s 177 and 185. That Cole kid is super fast! :eek2: I ended up being 4th. I had 3rd in the bag but got super tired about a mile from the finish and almost wrecked. #67 then passes me for third.
Sundays race I had a horrible start spinning the tires and bouncing off #67 and adrenalinefreak (sorry) I had to let off so no one would wreck. After the second Lap I sawq 177 stalled and Offered to try and push start him. it didn't work :( not only that but I lost so much distance on the top 4 riders and just lost 5th trying to help 177. turned out he had to DNF. bummer. so I caught #120 and passed him in the last lap. he'd beat me thru the mx section but the desert I was much faster. Im horrible at the mx stuff so hopefully havasu will bring me a podium position for the first time ever! This weekend was difficult for me running new untested shocks front and rear. Also not being able to ride for two weeks. I haven't even got them dialed in yet. going either to milestone mx park or Glen Helen Saturday to do some testing and ge them dialed in for Havasu.
LOL.. Cole Fite is one fast kid for sure!! HE raced my Daughter the last fw years and the boy just CHECKS OUT! HE has a ton of stamina!

Great job on your finishes guys and same to you too Donna on your podium! I knew you had it in you!
Troy says to tell you hes proud of ya ;)
We will have some locals hitting up the GH race this wk end,it should be a geat round of racing!:macho