PDA

View Full Version : Simple Performance Mods

tgm95
02-02-2009, 05:55 AM
I am new to the mini quad world. My son has a DRR 70cc air cooled atv and just started racing for the first time this year. I was wondering if I can get some advice on mods I could do to get a little more performance out of his quad. It is stock right now with the exception of a Hetrick Racing exhaust and Uni air filter. I am not very experienced working with two stroke motors so I am looking for simple mods. What would be the best mods for the money? I am stationed in Guam, so humidity is very high, if that would be a factor in the best mods.

Thanks in advance.

DAVYS DAD
02-02-2009, 03:44 PM
try clutching it should make a noticable difference,air filter and jetting should help to. call bulldog fallon he can help.
i will send you a PM.
later

Logan #34's Dad
02-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Get yourself a better carb (if yours is still stock) like a PE20 or PWK 28. V-force reeds. Remove the oil injection and mix the oil and fuel yourself. SHOCKS FIRST! Clutching is the KEY!

etondaddy
02-03-2009, 05:32 AM
I have a complete front and rear used clutch set up if your interested.

Mike Kozura

hotquads1
02-03-2009, 08:11 AM
You would benefit from higher compression , due to the lossed effeciency caused by the high humidity. If you are serious about the racing I would condsider blueprinting the cylinder and head before making other mods , this will determine your needs for carb and clutching .
marc