PDA

View Full Version : Would like some opinions/ideas

mittman
02-01-2009, 09:47 PM
I have a 02 400ex(in my sig) I would like to do a rebuild and would like to get some things power coated but not sure what color to do it. I just bought polished bling star nerfs(not going to ditch them) and my black plastic is in good shape so would like something to go with those things. I thought about black frame with polished stuff and maybe even do black motor with polished stuff on it. What do you guys think? Give me some ideas and post pics if you can. Thanks

02-01-2009, 10:07 PM
i hate my black frame...dirt shows up everywhere...

i would go a dark metallic blue or red with black and chrome

02-01-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
i hate my black frame...dirt shows up everywhere...

i would go a dark metallic blue or red with black and chrome

ahh i hate to hear that I wanted a black frame so bad. can you take a picture of what it looks like? curious to see how it looks being dirty like you say

02-01-2009, 10:17 PM
in the morn...i'll tell ya ahead of time that i am anal about a clean machine...i spend 2x as much time on the frame as i did when stock.

stringbean
02-02-2009, 06:57 AM
My build I am doing right now, I am going white on the frame. Most likely go with red plastics. I know there are some that don't care for it. But I had white on my 450R with black plastics and really liked it.
I am mostly thinking white red and black on this machine. I picked it up off of a guy here in Ohio. The machine is in really nice shape. But, needs some serious attention to the motor. It has some PC work here and there all ready just not on the frame.

I am thinking. White frame and A-Arms. Red swingarm. red brake pedal and motor mounts. White stem.

Not sure on the sub-frame. I was thinking red but might go white on it as well?

honda729
02-02-2009, 11:23 PM
black and chrome would look sick untill you got it dirty/ scratched cuz black shows everything the good news is that almost any color would look good with what you got already as long as you stick with that one color and add some accents

bbender85
02-03-2009, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by mittman
...I thought about black frame with polished stuff and maybe even do black motor with polished stuff on it. What do you guys think?

yessss yes. i have a similar setup with silver plastics. see link in my sig.

mittman
02-03-2009, 11:18 AM
Thanks for all your replies. Im still not sure what I want to do yet but im getting some good ideas.

bbender85 I love your bike. The color combos go well together.