PDA

View Full Version : First thread!

ZeroLogic
02-01-2009, 08:36 PM
Post up what your tools of the trades are!

I have a Shimano Spirex 2500RE reel with a 6',6" Ugly stick for fishin and I have a Kimber 84M in 308 with a 3 power Wever scope and an Bear Lights Out bow for whitetail.

Quad18star
02-02-2009, 09:48 AM
Finally !!!!!!!!!

I'm gunna be huge into this section.

I've got a 6 foot shimano setup ... it's a light/medium action rod with a spin cast. Always use about 6-8 pound line ... usually with a small 3 inch leader and mostly fish with jigs and twisters.

exrider49
02-04-2009, 07:06 PM
i got a cortland 8' endurance noodle rod with a gander mountain tournament series real 10 sealed ball bearings and 6lb line for my graduation present , nice thing about the rod its life time warranty and will be replaced now matter how you break it..only used it 3 times now and man is it a smooth setup

Pappy
02-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Since we have so many rocks and junk in the rivers around here, we all use Ugly sticks and atleast 10-12 pound line.

Nowthat I have a boat, and we are fishing alot more lakes, I am thinking of setting up a few with a tad lighter line on a 7 ft rod.....with good action. I will have to look at the one from gander

Quad18star
02-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Since we have so many rocks and junk in the rivers around here, we all use Ugly sticks and atleast 10-12 pound line.

Nowthat I have a boat, and we are fishing alot more lakes, I am thinking of setting up a few with a tad lighter line on a 7 ft rod.....with good action. I will have to look at the one from gander

10-12 pound line is too heavy for the Walleyes Pappy . You need lighter line to be able to get a better feel when they hook on. The walleyes don't hit hard like other fish , so you need something sensitive. I wouldn't go over 8 pounds ... and that's pushing it.

I should take a picture of my rod and reel setups the next time I'm at the cottage. We have over 20 combos put together.

Pappy
02-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Yeah I will have to set up a rod or two just for them. 10-12 is just right for most of the bass and channel cats which is what we have been catchin'

btw..how far are you from Unadilla? Its possible I could make a trip up that way of the right work comes along to help cover my trip

4trax250x81
02-05-2009, 04:58 AM
I have too many rod/reel combos for fishing. I have a Remington 870 and Remington 30-06 for deer hunting and a Bear Pursuit bow for deer hunting and a PSE for carp shooting.

Quad18star
02-05-2009, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
Yeah I will have to set up a rod or two just for them. 10-12 is just right for most of the bass and channel cats which is what we have been catchin'

btw..how far are you from Unadilla? Its possible I could make a trip up that way of the right work comes along to help cover my trip

Last time I drove to Unidilla , it took me about 8 hours. The cottage is exactly 2 hours from here .. door to door.

There's a few different ways to get up here ... you can either go from Unidilla , through to Buffalo then cross at the Buffulo Niagara Falls border ... hit up Hwy 401 through to Toronto , then Hwy 400 north to Sudbury.

The Other way is From Unidilla head north about 1 hour which brings you to a crossing near Kingston Ontario .... then from there head through the Ottawa/Peterborough area and make your way to Sudbury.

We did the loop when we went ... Buffalo crossing held us up for an hour since it was very busy at the time of day ..... Kingston crossing we were through in 10 minutes.