PDA

View Full Version : Here we go Steelers, here we go!!!

MOFO
02-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Heading out to a superbowl party... When I come back, we will finally have a 6 pack!

http://media3.steelers.com/MediaContent/2007/08/22/09/5_SB_Trophys_80335.jpg

FreekShow
02-01-2009, 01:04 PM
http://www.geocities.com/~jrbeasley/dallas/pix/trophies.jpg

GO CARDINALS!!!!:blah:

Dan_Guetter
02-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Go nobody!!!!

02-01-2009, 02:39 PM
god i hope they lose so i don't have to listen to all the "we played, we did, we kicked..." none of the "we's" were on the field...

i used to like the steelers, but the steelers fans that i work with have pushed me to HATE them adn football all together...

life does not revolve around the steelers...

KXRida
02-01-2009, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by FreekShow

How about that eagles cowboys game?!?!?!?

LMAO! Was that even a game?

Old Head
02-01-2009, 03:26 PM

X2:D

JParisi48
02-01-2009, 03:27 PM
i hope the cradinals rape them!! haha:devil:

exrider272
02-01-2009, 04:12 PM
im just happy its here already so i dont have to listion to all the steelers songs on the radio:mad:

FreekShow
02-01-2009, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
How about that eagles cowboys game?!?!?!?

LMAO! Was that even a game?

HAHA how bout those eagles superbowl trophies. OH WAITTT THEY DONT HAVE ANY LMAO. http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g152/BigDFan5/EagleTrophy-1.jpg

ProspectorJim
02-01-2009, 07:08 PM
why are you a dallas fan if you're from Ny?

ProspectorJim
02-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Steelers Won!

warriorxcr1
02-01-2009, 08:15 PM
there is one angle of holmes' catch that they did not freeze....that angle would show that his right foot was tucked behind his left and was an inch off the ground...

o well....neither a steeler or cardinal fan but that second half was entertaining.

congrats to big ben, tomlin and the steelers fans

Ralph
02-01-2009, 08:16 PM
I still remember when the giants crushed both of those teams.

Giz400ex
02-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Congrats to BOTH teams! I think it was a closer game than most people thought it would be (like steelers fans), which gave there "D" a RUN for there money. Very exciting game and am very happy for the Cards for seeing them in it and almost winning there 1st SB.

Ralph
02-01-2009, 08:30 PM
I'm not a fan of either team but lets just say i think the cardinals were the better team in this game.

wykyd450R
02-01-2009, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
I still remember when the giants crushed both of those teams.

Yeah, and I remember when the browns ( Yeah, the browns LOL ) walked all over the giants!! :rolleyes:

Ralph
02-01-2009, 08:33 PM
even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

On another note, How dirty is Harrison.

wykyd450R
02-01-2009, 08:37 PM

On another note, How dirty is Harrison.

Better question, how is the guy that he was shoving to china feeling. :D It was wrong, I admit, but I loved it. ;)

powermadd400ex
02-01-2009, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by wykyd450R
Better question, how is the guy that he was shoving to china feeling. :D It was wrong, I admit, but I loved it. ;)

yea i thought it was pretty funny
but he couldve got MVP if he didnt get in that scuffle.

wykyd450R
02-01-2009, 08:41 PM
Hows the Cardinals feel about Harrison? :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz04VjtFLuw

631kfx400
02-01-2009, 08:42 PM
SCREW STEELERS THEY SUCK *** :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

wykyd450R
02-01-2009, 08:43 PM
Yeah...Only half as bad as the Cardinals. :p

ProspectorJim
02-01-2009, 08:44 PM

I guess that explains how the Giants got to the superbowl last year...

FreekShow
02-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
why are you a dallas fan if you're from Ny?

I'm 19 years old and i grew up watching the dallas cowboys obviously. My entire family is dallas fans. I'm not one of those bandwagon cowboys fans that knows absolutely nothing about football and just likes them because they were good. I will be a dallas fan till i die.

86250rrider
02-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by 631kfx400
SCREW STEELERS THEY SUCK *** :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

SIX, COUNT EM SIX SUPERBOWLS !!!! HAHA GO STEELERS !!:macho

mittman
02-01-2009, 09:02 PM
YEAH STEELERS. I dont like the cardinals but they did play a heck of a game in the second quarter.

JJs450r
02-01-2009, 09:03 PM
very good game i was on the edge of my seat those last few seconds

MOFO
02-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Haters.... go cry in a corner... :p

6 baby! SIX!!!!!! No other team in the NFL can say that!!!!

Best NFL Team/City in the world!!!

:devil: :D :devil:

MOFO
02-01-2009, 09:44 PM
I'm not a fan of either team but lets just say i think the cardinals were the better team in this game.

Next time turn on the TV... :devil:

MOFO
02-01-2009, 09:45 PM

How's it feel to be 2nd? :D

FreekShow
02-01-2009, 09:56 PM
im over it. honestly, the cardinals were the better team today. the steelers had some help from the refs but ill admit that last drive was nice.

02-01-2009, 10:00 PM
and there is why i hate the steelers...sore losers and even worse winners...

4 pt victory over a team that has a poor defense and ya gloat...given another 4 downs, against that same defense, because of a 'protect the baby' rule and all they could get was a fg....

3 players see the lead squandering away so they take pot shots at the opposing players...2 get called, one gets away with kicking the kick off returner after the safety, and one should have been ejected.

i respected their d, i thought they were all upstanding sportsman , until tonight...they won most of the games for them...including tonights...but they don't deserve the win

i have said since the 'protect the baby' rules have been in place that football has lost something...those rules need modified...

feuerstack411
02-01-2009, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
Haters.... go cry in a corner... :p

6 baby! SIX!!!!!! No other team in the NFL can say that!!!!

Best NFL Team/City in the world!!!

:devil: :D :devil:

Man would my uncle disagree lol. He lives in Pittsburgh and he absoutly hates the Steelers. His son's football team won some contest or something to play at halftime at a Steelers game, but he hates them so much he made his wife take him haha.

Doober
02-02-2009, 02:14 AM
All I'm going to say is Harrison lost any respect I had for him, He should of been thrown out.

wilkin250r
02-02-2009, 03:49 AM
How's it feel to be 2nd? :D

That's funny, because Dallas has a better record.

The Bears actually have the most wins, but it doesn't really count because they are one of the oldest teams around. They have more wins largely because they simply had more games.

So let's compare something MEANINGFUL, like most wins since the Superbowl came into creation. Before that, lots of teams came and went, so records before that aren't really significant. The league has been fairly set since then.

Dallas tops the list with 398 wins. :blah:

deathcorefan2
02-02-2009, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

The Bears actually have the most wins, but it doesn't really count because they are one of the oldest teams around. They have more wins largely because they simply had more games.

So let's compare something MEANINGFUL, like most wins since the Superbowl came into creation. Before that, lots of teams came and went, so records before that aren't really significant. The league has been fairly set since then.

/burn

MOFO
02-02-2009, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

Sure, go look for any stat to take down the only team with 6 Superbowl victory's...

Maybe in your world those are the only important stat's, but to everyone else, it all comes down to the big game and how many rings on your finger. So you are basically saying the Superbowl does not mean much in the NFL? LMAO!

I guess a team that has won ZERO Superbowls but would have 400+ win's would be the best team in the NFL? :confused:

EDIT - I figured I'd take a look at stat's.... take a look at this...

Currently through the end of the 2008 season, the Steelers have a 556-522-21 (as of February 2, 2009) all-time record, including playoffs. In recent seasons the Steelers have generally performed well, qualifying for the playoffs five times and winning trips to the Super Bowl twice in the past seven seasons.

In the modern era (since the AFL-NFL merger in 1970) the Steelers have posted the best record in pro football. The franchise has won the most total games, won the most divisional titles, earned the best winning percentage (including every expansion team), earned the most All-Pro nominations and has the most Super Bowl wins (6) since the modern game started in 1970. It is also 2nd overall in playoff wins and season game wins.

The Steelers have now played in 14 AFC Championship games, which is a record, and representing the AFC for the seventh time this February 5th, 2009 is also a record.

I could go on and on with meaningful stat's, but I think you get the picture.

MOFO
02-02-2009, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by feuerstack411
Man would my uncle disagree lol. He lives in Pittsburgh and he absoutly hates the Steelers. His son's football team won some contest or something to play at halftime at a Steelers game, but he hates them so much he made his wife take him haha.

He won't even take his kid to something he'll remember for the rest of his life - sure sounds like a great father and a real class act! :rolleyes:

MOFO
02-02-2009, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
and there is why i hate the steelers...sore losers and even worse winners...

4 pt victory over a team that has a poor defense and ya gloat...given another 4 downs, against that same defense, because of a 'protect the baby' rule and all they could get was a fg....

3 players see the lead squandering away so they take pot shots at the opposing players...2 get called, one gets away with kicking the kick off returner after the safety, and one should have been ejected.

i respected their d, i thought they were all upstanding sportsman , until tonight...they won most of the games for them...including tonights...but they don't deserve the win

i have said since the 'protect the baby' rules have been in place that football has lost something...those rules need modified...

http://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/smiley-faces6.gif

KXRida
02-02-2009, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by 631kfx400

Suck so much that they just won the superbowl. :rolleyes: Must be a bengals fan....

MOFO
02-02-2009, 05:22 AM
This win also goes to show what happens when a team disgraces the terrible towel! If anyone follows football, you'll know what I mean.

MOFO
02-02-2009, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by deathcorefan2
/burn

/burn

burn what? :huh

MOFO
02-02-2009, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by warriorxcr1
there is one angle of holmes' catch that they did not freeze....that angle would show that his right foot was tucked behind his left and was an inch off the ground...

:confused:

Might want to have your TV checked....

http://i39.tinypic.com/35mnlft.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/sdfqmv.jpg

02-02-2009, 07:16 AM
:confused:

Might want to have your TV checked....

http://i39.tinypic.com/35mnlft.jpg

it seems his left foot is touching, but his right foot is about an inch higher...as is his whole right side...with that look, i say no td...although i gave it to them last night even before the officials reviewed it...do i smell another controversial superbowl win for the them?

MOFO
02-02-2009, 07:29 AM
it seems his left foot is touching, but his right foot is about an inch higher...as is his whole right side...with that look, i say no td...although i gave it to them last night even before the officials reviewed it...do i smell another controversial superbowl win for the them?

:huh

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80e84a39

02-02-2009, 07:38 AM
look close, you'll see i am right...also..lean up against a desk, table whatever, and put your body in the same position...see if your toe is touching...

but at least they didn't make another roethlisberger td mistake like last time...this non td was even closer to the first one...

the steelers really should have run all over their defense...all them big plays to only be stymied in the red zone...

i'd like to see some better footage of harrison's td runback...he was dancing pretty close to the out of bounds...i wonder if he stepped on it at all...

but there def. needs to be some rule changes as they play unfairly to the offense...

02-02-2009, 07:46 AM
i saw the little video last night as the game played...i went with the call then...BUT after seeing the pic i quoted...i think the wrong call was made...conveniently...

unfortunately, like 90% of steelers fans, you cannot be a gracious winner...that is why i detest the steelers and have come to hate football...

steelers fans complain about arrogant cowboys fans, but what they don't realize is that they are just as bad...

extremeblastr
02-02-2009, 07:49 AM
:huh

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80e84a39

typical steelers fan, your behavior in this thread has been quite shameful. yeah they won, great, and as usual of late there were controverisal aspects of the game, but why is that steelers fans seem to take the gloating to the next level. i am a fan of neither team that played but it was a good game considering the fight the cardinals put up and only lost because roethlisberger finally put it together enough to make his 1!!!!!! touchdown pass. but go ahead and flame my post like i know you will, yes they won but i don't respect them for it because they did not win by being the better team, they won because they got the calls and a lucky break or two.

ridered11
02-02-2009, 08:10 AM
how sick was fitzgerald's break away run!

steelers got lucky as usual, they played dirty and disrespectful but still got the w.

wykyd450R
02-02-2009, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
typical steelers fan, your behavior in this thread has been quite shameful. yeah they won, great, and as usual of late there were controverisal aspects of the game, but why is that steelers fans seem to take the gloating to the next level. i am a fan of neither team that played but it was a good game considering the fight the cardinals put up and only lost because roethlisberger finally put it together enough to make his 1!!!!!! touchdown pass. but go ahead and flame my post like i know you will, yes they won but i don't respect them for it because they did not win by being the better team, they won because they got the calls and a lucky break or two.

Because they got the calls? What about their first TD that was taken from them? They sure didnt get that call, did they? As for being the better team, they must be and their record proves it.

wykyd450R
02-02-2009, 08:39 AM

i'd like to see some better footage of harrison's td runback...he was dancing pretty close to the out of bounds...i wonder if he stepped on it at all...

This should clear your wondering up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz04VjtFLuw

MOFO
02-02-2009, 08:47 AM

Wow - I think you need to re-read what you just posted then ask, who has the issues.... let me know which part of this thread has been "shameful"...

I guess the winning team/fan base its not permitted to enjoy their victory...

Grab a tissue, I think you need one.... :eek2:

MOFO
02-02-2009, 08:49 AM
i saw the little video last night as the game played...i went with the call then...BUT after seeing the pic i quoted...i think the wrong call was made...conveniently...

unfortunately, like 90% of steelers fans, you cannot be a gracious winner...that is why i detest the steelers and have come to hate football...

steelers fans complain about arrogant cowboys fans, but what they don't realize is that they are just as bad...

How 'bout defining what a gracious winner is.... seriously, I really would like to know. Keep in mind, you knew damn well what this thread was about - I think the title was rather clear.

Oh well, I have to admit, its a bit entertaining as it does not change anything. We won and now have 6 rings! :D

02-02-2009, 08:55 AM
i still can't see if he was even close to the o.o.b around midfield...that is the area i question...of course i asw that last night...still don't clear up my wondering

MOFO...celebrating a loud...being an *** about it is poor sportmanship...

no one here is a cards fan, but you tried rubbing a not so glorious win into peoples faces...

again...this is why i hate the steelers and i hate football in general...

arrogance of fans...plain and simple...

one or 2 toned down posts would have been enough...but no...ya have to gloat...

i have to hear 8 hours of we did it, we won tonight...i knew would could do it all along...from the same people that were saying they suck at the beginning of the year...none of the "we's" were on the field...none of the "we's" will admit that they squeaked by...it will be a blow out to all of them...none of the we's will admit that they were worried...steelers fans need to humble themselves a little

02-02-2009, 09:05 AM
a gracious winner is someone that does not gloat about the victory. one that does not take pot shots at the opposing team when they start to catch up. one that does not go off ranting about how great the team is...one that shows some humilty...one that can admit the weaknesses, errors and fouls.

yes, i knew what this thread was about and i entered because i am tired of hearing it. they played dirty to get where they are. if i can get one of the arrogant fans to think about what i am saying and maybe change their way, i'll be happy...if not, i'll be happy letting you know that there are people out there that hate the steelers as much as you love them...because of the way you act about them...

i am one of the biggest pittsburgh penguins fans you will ever meet...i have not missed watching a game since the end of the lockout...if i do miss it, you can bet it is recorded and i watch it later. do i go about last year ranting and raving like an idiot because they made the play offs...nope...did i enjoy the wins and celebrate the victories...yes, but i didn't gloat over them...i admitted the downfalls...still do...

02-02-2009, 09:06 AM
ummm WE didn't win...you weren't on the field...

1socal450
02-02-2009, 09:06 AM
WOW,so many haters out there!That was a great game and im glad it was close,created great ratings and also solidified Ben Roethlisberger as an elite qb in the league.Fitz.got his yea,but I hate when the Steelers decide to play that prevent D and only rush 3!Bottom line is,both teams made it to the super bowl and deserved to be there!The better team won,now us Steeler fans have the bragging rights to being the greatest franchise in the NFL.Thats o.k,non fans always have to bring up negatives,knowing deep down inside they are saying"wow,I wish my team had that many championships".STEELER NATION all the way from sunny So.Cal. RESPECT THE TERRIBLE TOWEL.....

extremeblastr
02-02-2009, 09:08 AM
Wow - I think you need to re-read what you just posted then ask, who has the issues.... let me know which part of this thread has been "shameful"...

its fine to enjoy a victory but your twice as bad as any giants fan was last year.

1socal450
02-02-2009, 09:09 AM
ummm WE didn't win...you weren't on the field... Get a life,dont post in here if you dont like a REAL MANS sport.

02-02-2009, 09:10 AM
i don't have a team...roethlisberger wouldn't have nearly as many wins if it weren't for his d keeping him in the game...and you think being able to walk down field on a team that has a tenancy to give up big plays makes him elite...

typical steelers fan...can't see the forest for the trees

extremeblastr
02-02-2009, 09:13 AM
Q: how many steelers fans does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A: two. one to do it and another one to tell everybody how much better they are at it then the rest of the world.

insaneracin2003
02-02-2009, 09:16 AM
I like both teams, It was a great game, Congrats to the Steelers for winning and to both teams for giving us FOOTBALL fans a great game to watch....

02-02-2009, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by 1socal450
Get a life,dont post in here if you dont like a REAL MANS sport. a man's sport...the protect the star with ruled that you aren't allowed to hit them...none of the guys would last too long in the nhl...boo hoo he hit .25 seconds after i threw the ball...ohhh i got 2 times this game...i have a broken toe i can't play...

i have seen hockey players play on broken ankles...which would have put a football player out for weeks...they throw their bodies in front of a piece of frozen rubber that is moving around 100 mph...they get whacked with 5 ft long sticks, they get pounded into the boards...all when they don't have posession of the puck...but i qb can't take a hit if they don't have the ball...sound like real men to me

football players only do this for 16ish games spanning over 4 months...hockey players take the beating 86 games over 6 months

and what is with the fat linemen with the bellies hanging down to their knees...there is a physically fit athlete...

how hard is it to weigh 400 lbs and not be easy to move...seriously where is the skill there...

MOFO
02-02-2009, 09:21 AM
a man's sport...the protect the star with ruled that you aren't allowed to hit them...none of the guys would last too long in the nhl...boo hoo he hit .25 seconds after i threw the ball...ohhh i got 2 times this game...i have a broken toe i can't play...

i have seen hockey players play on broken ankles...which would have put a football player out for weeks...they throw their bodies in front of a piece of frozen rubber that is moving around 100 mph...they get whacked with 5 ft long sticks, they get pounded into the boards...all when they don't have posession of the puck...but i qb can't take a hit if they don't have the ball...sound like real men to me

football players only do this for 16ish games spanning over 4 months...hockey players take the beating 86 games over 6 months

and what is with the fat linemen with the bellies hanging down to their knees...there is a physically fit athlete...

how hard is it to weigh 400 lbs and not be easy to move...seriously where is the skill there...

Now you have gone off the deep end and took this thread off topic - Thanks! Last time I checked this was not NFL vs NHL.

This is a thread about the Steelers - again, please read the thread titles before entering. Also if you have such a problem with the Steelers, I would avoid any future related threads.

WE (Steeler fan's/ Steelers) have another ring. :D :D :D

MOFO
02-02-2009, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003
I like both teams, It was a great game, Congrats to the Steelers for winning and to both teams for giving us FOOTBALL fans a great game to watch....

I agree - it was a great Superbowl to watch - regardless of who was playing or won.

MOFO
02-02-2009, 09:25 AM
i don't have a team...roethlisberger wouldn't have nearly as many wins if it weren't for his d keeping him in the game...and you think being able to walk down field on a team that has a tenancy to give up big plays makes him elite...

Thanks Mr Obvious. Any good team in the NFL will need a solid defense to win games... :huh:

I guess this was a bad idea as a few people can't take a thread about the Steelers.

02-02-2009, 09:27 AM
i can post what i want where i want...

just like i, as well as other steelers haters , am tired of hearing about the steelers, i plan on being a thorn in the side of the steelers fans. they annoy me so i will annoy right back...

number 5 was very controversial...number 6 was little controversial...can you admit that?

MOFO
02-02-2009, 09:28 AM

just like i, as well as other steelers haters , am tired of hearing about the steelers, i plan on being a thorn in the side of the steelers fans. they annoy me so i will annoy right back...

Nex time read the title of the thread before entering. You will avoid "being tired of hearing about the Steelers".

Here we go Steelers, here we go!!! :D :D :D

BTW, I'm finished (I actually have work to do) - bash all you want (keep it clean), but it won't change a thing. Do you what you need to make yourself feel better. :)

derekhonda
02-02-2009, 09:42 AM
I dont really understand what speedys problem is. It was a great game, arizona put up a great fight for the underdog team and the team that should have won it did. Let it go...

Im just excited, I think the past three superbowls have all been great, Those blowouts can get old.

coryatver
02-02-2009, 09:44 AM
The Steelers won the Superbowl. You can hate a team but once the game is over, and they come out on top, you got to be a man and accept that they are the best team in football. By definition of the game that's what winning the superbowl means.

MOFO
02-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda
I dont really understand what speedys problem is. It was a great game, arizona put up a great fight for the underdog team and the team that should have won it did. Let it go...

Im just excited, I think the past three superbowls have all been great, Those blowouts can get old.

Ah, who know's.

It was a great game and I was glad to see Wiz get his team to the big game after only coaching them for 2 season's.

02-02-2009, 09:49 AM
my problem is the fans...they are overbearing...

the game was good...i don't deny that

some questionable rules changed the outcome of the game...some unsportsman like plays from the steelers d should have had some ejected...you just don't take them kind of shots when you are up and the other team is making a comeback...it is trying to cuase injury to the other team so that player can no longer play...that shows that you don't have faith in the ability of your team...it is sad...

do any of you steelers fans remember a kdka interview with roethelisberger shortly after her took over as the starter...the interviewer asked him what thought about being drafted 3rd? by the steelers...

his reply was along the lines of "i should have been drafted 1st by some other team. i did not want to come to pittsburgh and i still don't really want to be here. but this is where i am at adn i will ply my best for them."

his arrogance overshadows his talent...

quad2xtreme
02-02-2009, 11:06 AM
I enjoyed the game and the lead up to the game. Both teams were incredibly respectful and I didn't hear negative hype and trash talking.

One thing to understand about the Steeler organization is that they are a team from the top down starting with the Rooneys. The Steelers don't tolerate players whining and crying about playing time or pointing the finger at each other or the coach. They aren't flashy and don't have cheerleaders. They develop their talent internally. Honestly, every team should be more like the Steelers.

I don't blame anyone rooting for Arizona though. I would have rooted for them against any other team except Baltimore. They could have given up at 20-7 leading into the 4th quarter. What they did accomplish was amazing.

KXRida
02-02-2009, 12:00 PM

I think he needs a tampon... :o

Typical **EDITED** and doesn't understand the workings of a good, organized, well sutured team.

When you get your thoughts in line and get a filter on you mouth to keep most of the complete BS out, please come back with logical reasoning and you might not look like a moron. :rolleyes:

EDIT by MOFO: KEEP THIS THREAD CLEAN!

extremeblastr
02-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
I think he needs a tampon... :o

Typical *EDIT* and doesn't understand the workings of a good, organized, well sutured team.

When you get your thoughts in line and get a filter on you mouth to keep most of the complete BS out, please come back with logical reasoning and you might not look like a moron. :rolleyes:

i think its funny that steelers fans (and those who supported them in this game) think its all fine and dandy for them to gloat and be general ***holes about their win but when the pats went 18-0 if anybody came anywhere near saying they were the best around right now because of it the whole damn world jumped down their throats and this was before they lost (which the giants deserved, they showed up in that game, kudos to eli). the only reason i've had it wit you damn pittsburgh fans is because this is the most hippocritical celebrating i've ever seen. just because you've got 6 rings doesn't make you the best team ever, its great that you've got more then everyone else but try having a team that doesn't spend a few years in obscurity every now and then. enjoy your win but remember that its just another ring this wasn't the game that decided who rules the goddam universe.

MOFO
02-02-2009, 12:52 PM
i think its funny that steelers fans (and those who supported them in this game) think its all fine and dandy for them to gloat and be general ***holes about their win but when the pats went 18-0 if anybody came anywhere near saying they were the best around right now because of it the whole damn world jumped down their throats and this was before they lost (which the giants deserved, they showed up in that game, kudos to eli). the only reason i've had it wit you damn pittsburgh fans is because this is the most hippocritical celebrating i've ever seen. just because you've got 6 rings doesn't make you the best team ever, its great that you've got more then everyone else but try having a team that doesn't spend a few years in obscurity every now and then. enjoy your win but remember that its just another ring this wasn't the game that decided who rules the goddam universe.

LMAO - bitter about something?? :o

ProspectorJim
02-02-2009, 01:06 PM
i think its funny that steelers fans (and those who supported them in this game) think its all fine and dandy for them to gloat and be general ***holes about their win but when the pats went 18-0 if anybody came anywhere near saying they were the best around right now because of it the whole damn world jumped down their throats and this was before they lost (which the giants deserved, they showed up in that game, kudos to eli).

The steeler's head coach didn't get caught cheating:rolleyes:

extremeblastr
02-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
The steeler's head coach didn't get caught cheating:rolleyes:

i'm sorry i don't think i remember there ever being a time when it was said it couldn't be done until it was discovered they were doing it, and i believe they also continued to stomp the league afterwards. like i said, the giants showed up and deserved their win in that game and no MOFO i'm not bitter about it at all, because like i said, the team that played better and deserved that win got it. as for your win, i don't see how this was the most competetive year for the nfl, the only reason they said that is because for once there wasn't a team who had it put together well enough to be considered one of the elite few for the season, you won, thats great, but my god show a little sportsmanship and humility.

godzilla
02-02-2009, 01:28 PM
I think everyone here needs to get a grip, and get some perspective. Afterall, its just a football game. No point in spewing verbal diarhea over it.

MOFO
02-02-2009, 01:58 PM
thats great, but my god show a little sportsmanship and humility.

LOL - did a post in this thread hurt your feelings? Please point me to the post that is non sportsman/humility. Where did I bash the Cardinals?

I think everyone needs to stop taking things so personal. What did you expect when you opened this thread? I sure hope you were not surprised to find Steeler fan's celebrating within...

I'm not sure what you mean this was not a very competitive year in the NFL? We had the most difficult schedule this year and went all the way. Half of our win's occurred late in the 4th quarter so it's not like we blew everyone out of the water... sure looked like a very competitive schedule to me!

The crying is sure getting old...

extremeblastr
02-02-2009, 02:06 PM
as is the showboating

Brad77
02-02-2009, 02:29 PM
Foosball is the devil

buck440
02-02-2009, 04:35 PM
how much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood? anybody?

250r rider 88
02-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by buck440
how much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood? anybody?

a wood chuck would not bother chucking wood if he therefore could chuck wood, the chucking of the wood would eventually result in the absence of work and therefore resulting in the need to relocate to a place with wood to be chucked or the inability to find said wood to be chucked and would in the end result in the woodchuck being unemployed like alot of normal people, ha

ben300
02-02-2009, 06:40 PM
isnt a wood chuck a ground hog?

buck440
02-02-2009, 08:05 PM
but this wood chuck would have fled to canada where he would chuck wood in the french woods where he would chuck wood like a wood chuck until he found his lady which they would chuck wood and get more tax money which would make the wood chuck that chucks wood even happier and therefore the wood chuck and miss wood chuck would buy a f'n chainsaw and cut it so the wood chucks wouldn't have to chuck wood, yuh followen?

250r rider 88
02-02-2009, 09:48 PM
wood chucks do not have imposable thumbs and therefore cannot use the f'n chainsaw, and being they are wood chucks, would probably had to make payments on said chainsaw, creating a monthly payment on a piece of equipment they cannot use in the process of their wood chucking adventures in Canada, also wood chucks are not permitted to cross the Canadian border without a thorough investigative report of their wood chucking background, because only the best wood chuckers are allowed to chuck the French wood, so that being said if our wood chucking couple were to be denied the right to chuck French wood, they would have payments on a F'n chainsaw they could not use and because they were not chucking wood would have no income and would miss payments on the F'n chainsaw therefore ruining the happy couples credit report and more than likely their marriage, which was based solely on the fact of chucking the rest of their lives, which would then involve the female wood chuck taking off west to the California forest where she would find a more dominant wood chucker who could out chuck the other chucker, leaving our main character to commit suicide by jumping off a beaver dam and drowning. you follow that?

walrusfarm
02-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Just wondering..... why are the Cowgirls, Pats, and NY Vagiants even mentioned in this thread? Congrats Steelers.

extremeblastr
02-02-2009, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by 250r rider 88
wood chucks do not have imposable thumbs and therefore cannot use the f'n chainsaw, and being they are wood chucks, would probably had to make payments on said chainsaw, creating a monthly payment on a piece of equipment they cannot use in the process of their wood chucking adventures in Canada, also wood chucks are not permitted to cross the Canadian border without a thorough investigative report of their wood chucking background, because only the best wood chuckers are allowed to chuck the French wood, so that being said if our wood chucking couple were to be denied the right to chuck French wood, they would have payments on a F'n chainsaw they could not use and because they were not chucking wood would have no income and would miss payments on the F'n chainsaw therefore ruining the happy couples credit report and more than likely their marriage, which was based solely on the fact of chucking the rest of their lives, which would then involve the female wood chuck taking off west to the California forest where she would find a more dominant wood chucker who could out chuck the other chucker, leaving our main character to commit suicide by jumping off a beaver dam and drowning. you follow that?

GO BEAVERS!!!!!! hahahahahahaha

MOFO
02-03-2009, 03:44 AM

Have another look...

Still want to claim he did not have both feet it?

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l115/bprize/fark/catch.jpg

BTW, I'll be attending the big parade downtown today...500,000+ expected to show up. I'll make sure I share the photo's with everyone on here (Steeler fan's of course). :D Should be a great time!!!

Pappy
02-03-2009, 05:46 AM
I never understood why folks got so excited over a Cricket match....silly Brits:o

02-03-2009, 06:58 AM
Have another look...

Still want to claim he did not have both feet it?

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l115/bprize/fark/catch.jpg

BTW, I'll be attending the big parade downtown today...500,000+ expected to show up. I'll make sure I share the photo's with everyone on here (Steeler fan's of course). :D Should be a great time!!!

you have convinced me with that one...

so are you taking a vacation day to go to the parade?

like pappy said...i don't understand why a football game is so important...

i had fun getting your feathers riled...that was my only intention in this thread...to annoy one of the uber fans like they annoy me.

seriously...sunday morning my wife sent me to the store...i wore no penguins garb as it is black and gold...5 people asked me if i was going to watch the game, and if i was rooting for the steelers...you would have thought me a mass murderer from the looks i got when i said i don't watch football and hate the steelers...then they all tried to convince me of why i should root for them...this wasn't just on sunday...why...let me not root for anybody or root for whoever i want...i don't try to tell you to root for anyone else...almost everywhere i went, someone was asking me about the steelers...it got worse if i was wearing one of my pens jerseys...i am wearing a hockey jersey...what makes you think i am wearing it to support the steelers? of course i quit wearing anything that could be construed as black and gold...i actually had to think about what i was going to wear...what a pain...

get a life and don't talk about football and the steelers 24/7...think about that little tidbit next time ya want to rant an rave like a blubbering idiot about some meaningless team...maybe the person you are talking to don't care one bit and is very annoyed by you and the countless others spew the same crap constantly

like the dude from varsity blues said to his dad..."i don't want your life"

ben300
02-03-2009, 07:11 AM
you have convinced me with that one...

so are you taking a vacation day to go to the parade?

like pappy said...i don't understand why a football game is so important...

i had fun getting your feathers riled...that was my only intention in this thread...to annoy one of the uber fans like they annoy me.

seriously...sunday morning my wife sent me to the store...i wore no penguins garb as it is black and gold...5 people asked me if i was going to watch the game, and if i was rooting for the steelers...you would have thought me a mass murderer from the looks i got when i said i don't watch football and hate the steelers...then they all tried to convince me of why i should root for them...this wasn't just on sunday...why...let me not root for anybody or root for whoever i want...i don't try to tell you to root for anyone else...almost everywhere i went, someone was asking me about the steelers...it got worse if i was wearing one of my pens jerseys...i am wearing a hockey jersey...what makes you think i am wearing it to support the steelers? of course i quit wearing anything that could be construed as black and gold...i actually had to think about what i was going to wear...what a pain...

get a life and don't talk about football and the steelers 24/7...think about that little tidbit next time ya want to rant an rave like a blubbering idiot about some meaningless team...maybe the person you are talking to don't care one bit and is very annoyed by you and the countless others spew the same crap constantly

like the dude from varsity blues said to his dad..."i don't want your life"

speedy, for one i want to start by saying that i am a born, die hard steelers fan, but i have to also say, man...CALM DOWN...

if you dont like them, just dont post here, that way it wont irratate you. If it bothers you that much, dont put your self in teh situation that is going to make you miserable...

also, even tho i am a die hard fan, i will agree that some fans can take things to the extreme. However, in times like right now, with the way the world, some ppl need something to cheer them up or make them happy in a time of dark. For some ppl, this maybe that reason to make them smile for a couple of days....

i know it can annoy you, but you just got to let it go....and i live close to you, sandy lake pa, and illl tell you the truth, last summmer, i lived in pittsburgh, and i saw fans jsut as bad when teh pens made and lost the stanley cup final, and no, i could care less about hockey,

but all im saying..is jsut try adn lighten up a bit man..

Quad18star
02-03-2009, 07:23 AM
speedy ... whatcha think about the Sens firing coach Craig Hartsburg? 4th coach in one year .... is it the coach or some of the players on the team that should be packing their stuff?

I'll start a chant ... Hockey Hockey Hockey !!!!:D :p

I watched the Superbowl ... only footbacl game I watch every year . I have to say it was entertaining. Cards had way too many penalties ... and the QB screwed them in the last 5 seconds ... he should have thrown the ball instead of getting sacked.

Best part of the game/show .... The Boss slidding balls first into a camera man ... talk about up close and personal.

02-03-2009, 07:25 AM
dude it is not about being here...it is about ANYTIME I GO OUT IN PUBLIC...i go to work...i hear it for 8 hours...i tell people i don't like the steelers, yet they continue to talk to only me about how great they are...no matter where i go...steelers fans are overbearing and here is where i chose to vent it this time...the pens fans are not like the steelers fans...there are not nearly as many of us...i hear talk about the steelers even during the summer...so i get no break from it at all...you like them so you don't realize how much it annoys me...i have tried to let ti go, when it is a constant never ending thing...you can't...

and when people start hounding me even after i say i don't like them or i don't like football, it p.o.'s me even more...

good celebrate...but don't bother me with it...i don't want to hear on wdve(pittsburgh radio station that i HAVE to listen to at work because i am outnumbered) the winning touchdown play every 20 minutes...i heard that more than i heard music last night at work. play music...not everyone wants to hear that play 25-30 time in an 8 hour period...i couldn't wait to get into my truck and get xm on...i don't want ot watch the news and see one story on the steelers followed by a real news story, then another on the steelers...

it is great the area has pride in their team and has something to celebrate...but not all of us want to be inundated with it...

and again, a steelers fan tried to get me to see it their way...not really seeing it my way...i am not angry...just overly annoyed because it never ends...

ben300
02-03-2009, 07:30 AM
im not saying you have to see it my way, or anyone elses, and honestly i dont care...for all i care, you could move to cleveland or baltimore or somethign...canada, if you liek hockey so much...

im just saying...get over it..its not worht blowing up about...like pappy said.its jstu a game..and unfortunately..you live in an area that is joyful for what happened..

so my best advice to you is..buy and ipod..close your eyes, and shut up....life sucks....to bad

02-03-2009, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
speedy ... whatcha think about the Sens firing coach Craig Hartsburg? 4th coach in one year .... is it the coach or some of the players on the team that should be packing their stuff?

I'll start a chant ... Hockey Hockey Hockey !!!!:D :p

I watched the Superbowl ... only footbacl game I watch every year . I have to say it was entertaining. Cards had way too many penalties ... and the QB screwed them in the last 5 seconds ... he should have thrown the ball instead of getting sacked.

Best part of the game/show .... The Boss slidding balls first into a camera man ... talk about up close and personal.

wow i missed that...i have been avoiding most sports related sites as there is too much superbowl crap on it...i can't believe the slide they went on so fast...at this point, there has to be a player(s) issue...i fear the pens may be sliding in the same direction...

i will say that the superbowl is the only game i watch all year also but i can keep up with football without any problem because that is all i ever hear...

i'll keep hockey out of this for mofo from now on

02-03-2009, 07:33 AM
personal music devices aren't allowed or i would...live in my world...understand why i am so annoyed...think about that next time you decide football rules the universe and that is all you talk about...

ben300
02-03-2009, 07:39 AM
personal music devices aren't allowed or i would...live in my world...understand why i am so annoyed...think about that next time you decide football rules the universe and that is all you talk about...

i do live in your world..my roommate is the biggest cleveland browns nut in teh world..i get sick of hearing about it..but i live with it..to bad for me...

...i hate driving in teh snow..drives me nuts..but i have to deal with it...to bad for me...

..also..im tired of hearing about barack obama...sometiems i swear he must be the only president we have ever had....and you know..i have to live with hearing about him every day for at least the next 4 years...to bad for me..

it's all tough luck.. deal with it..

you should try the same...makes life easier...

dont have a heart attack

02-03-2009, 07:55 AM
you have one guy talking about the browns correct...try 20 or 30...constantly...snow goes away...there will be another president to talk about in a 4 years...the steelers never go away...

again, i am not mad or angry...i just want to annoy the crap out of the steelers fans like they annoy me...

02-03-2009, 08:35 AM
by the way, i have had my fun...i am done...enjoy the win boys...THEY earned it...

buck440
02-03-2009, 08:53 AM
:D

MOFO
02-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Here are a few from today...

The MAN himself, Tomlin!

MOFO
02-03-2009, 03:47 PM
Harrison holding #6!

MOFO
02-03-2009, 03:54 PM
What the city looked like afterwards - estimates are around 350,000+ people showed up!

MOFO
02-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
I never understood why folks got so excited over a Cricket match....silly Brits:o

If you were born in Western PA you would know. :D

Football is in the blood of everyone around here.

Here is a quote from USA Today that sum's it up pretty well.

"The STEELERS is a team where the city's worship of the franchise is tantamount to a religious experience."

jcv400ex
02-03-2009, 07:00 PM
What the city looked like afterwards - estimates are around 350,000+ people showed up!

That's 350k DUMB people! :eek:

Sorry Eric, just had too!

MOFO
02-03-2009, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
That's 350k DUMB people! :eek:

Sorry Eric, just had too!

:mad:

;)

ridered11
02-03-2009, 07:08 PM
cowboys 09'

FreekShow
02-03-2009, 09:06 PM
with wade phllips and jason garret still around? im not too confident.

1socal450
02-04-2009, 01:14 AM
Thanks for the pics MOFO,awesome shots!Im in Cali.and would loved to have gone!Steelers are playing against the AFC west next year,ill be sure to make a game against the chargers or faiders,on route to SB #7...