PDA

View Full Version : Short vid.My Lotus & a Porsche!!!

1socal450
02-01-2009, 12:38 PM
Thi is my second love behind my new YFZ-R.Youtube Vid.... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxrwNCMV4fM)

trick450r
02-01-2009, 01:05 PM
not a fan of lotus...but that porsche was badass.

02-01-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by trick450r

complete opposite I would never buy a porsche but I would pick up a lotus in a second

buck440
02-01-2009, 01:40 PM
that porsche gave me goose bumps:eek:

klutch
02-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by trick450r
X2

mooseracerX
02-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
complete opposite I would never buy a porsche but I would pick up a lotus in a second
x2

hypersnyper6947
02-01-2009, 10:45 PM
I like them both, although the porsche sounded better

1socal450
02-02-2009, 08:12 PM
Thanks,I love my Lotus Esprit because it is exotic and rare.I live in So.Cal.and you see more Ferraris and Lambos than my car.For a fraction of the cost,it turns just as many heads!I also like the fact that the roof height is around my belt line and its super wide.The car handles like its on rails.

hypersnyper6947
02-02-2009, 11:09 PM
Thats your lotus, that thing is awesome, congrats on having an exotic car. One day i wish to have one too, except i want a ford GT.

1socal450
02-02-2009, 11:36 PM
Thanks,the Ford GT is a really nice car! A few show up at the Saturday morning event I go to in Irvine Ca. They are selling in the $150-$200k range! Ive also seen a Bugatti Veyron $1.5mil,Ferrari Enzo $1.5mil,Jay Leno & some other celebs...

walrusfarm
02-03-2009, 12:12 AM
TOOL SHACK

hypersnyper6947
02-03-2009, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by 1socal450
Thanks,the Ford GT is a really nice car! A few show up at the Saturday morning event I go to in Irvine Ca. They are selling in the $150-$200k range! Ive also seen a Bugatti Veyron $1.5mil,Ferrari Enzo $1.5mil,Jay Leno & some other celebs...

Thats awesome, we had the NBA party at the bar i work at and there was a veyron there, also a Mercedes McClarin and a couple bentleys. I see lambos and ferraris all the time at work. But... i have only seen a few lotuses and that was down south in miami not here in orlando.

S.A.J
02-03-2009, 11:52 AM
that was real nice! we seen a lotus around town,theres 1 red one forsure round town n i seen quite a few porshe's,and i think we even seen a lambo round here,paris has a big percentage of its population that are millionares and theres about 30,000people mayb bit less,purty cool...how much does that kind you have run for? i like them smaller ones lil better though

1socal450
02-05-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by walrusfarm
TOOL SHACK Please!If you had the means to buy your dream car,you would too.If you took a trip through the neighborhood I grew up in,in L.A.county,knowing where I came from,I GAURANTEE you wouldnt say that!

Alberta_Qaudin
02-05-2009, 12:26 PM
i have had a soft spot for esprits since i was a little kid, there was one lived just down the street from my place growing upwhen i was 10ish, i was in the guys driveways looking inside and my mom yelled at me to get away from it and he came out and said it was alright asd took me for a spin......only cars thats beaten that for me since was going for a ride in a 79' ferrari dino

ECATV Raptor
02-05-2009, 07:35 PM
Nice lotus. I've always been a big fan of the Esprit's. Who makes the motors in them. I know toyota makes em for the exige/elise, and I was always told Lotus could never build a proper drive train.

extremeblastr
02-05-2009, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by ECATV Raptor
Nice lotus. I've always been a big fan of the Esprit's. Who makes the motors in them. I know toyota makes em for the exige/elise, and I was always told Lotus could never build a proper drive train.

sorry but no, the motor in the exige is a k20a with a few very small design changes, which means honda motor, not trying to be a d*** just happen to have someone on my streeet who owns one....dammit why do i have rich neighbors? where is all my money?

ECATV Raptor
02-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Lol well I geuss I got some bad information. The owner of a lotus dealer told me that they were all toyota drive trains. I also know a guy that has a black and gold elise and damn it is nice. Great little cars I'd definitley buy one.

02-06-2009, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
sorry but no, the motor in the exige is a k20a with a few very small design changes, which means honda motor, not trying to be a d*** just happen to have someone on my streeet who owns one....dammit why do i have rich neighbors? where is all my money?

I'm going to prove you wrong here. Sorry, as far as i know they are Toyota motors and such. Must be a special edition to have a K20 Honda motor. Which would also make them seem weak because a K20 is already making over 200HP. Another reason why they cannot be a K20 is because they are a 1.8Liter 4-Cylinder with DOHC and VVTL-I notice is doesnt say VTEC.

extremeblastr
02-06-2009, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
I'm going to prove you wrong here. Sorry, as far as i know they are Toyota motors and such. Must be a special edition to have a K20 Honda motor. Which would also make them seem weak because a K20 is already making over 200HP. Another reason why they cannot be a K20 is because they are a 1.8Liter 4-Cylinder with DOHC and VVTL-I notice is doesnt say VTEC.

notice how i said with some basic design changes, if you really want to get into it disassemble both any k20a and whatever the code is on those motors side by side and tell me how different they really are. and i just have to ask you real quick what exactly you think VTEC is?

extremeblastr
02-06-2009, 02:11 PM
alright well i've actually got something to do today so i'm going to answer my own question before i leave, VTEC properly defined would be variable valve timing with electronic lift control.

1socal450
02-06-2009, 03:32 PM
The Elise/Exige is powered by TOYOTA,my Esprit however,like all Esprits is a LOTUS motor,the drivetrain issues were with the early,pre-1988 Esprit transmissions,never the motors.The motors have always been bulletproof.Lotus decided to go with a Toyota powerplant in the Elise to keep cost away from the $70k range!

ECATV Raptor
02-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Anyway...I love the Esprits, there rare cars, fairly inexpensive for the level of car, and I think they look sick. Hows the performance on yours, compared to maybe other exotic cars?

scottsworld
02-06-2009, 04:27 PM
my friend has a 05 lotus elise with a toyota motor there are kits that you can to but honda b-sereis motors in them. they are cool cars and handle great but in a drag race i beat it in my civic with a gsr engine

trick450r
02-07-2009, 08:24 AM
the thing ive always disliked about lotus is they look the part, but dont act it.

in other words, they look like a super car, but they dont perform like one.

jmo, no flaming here please.

1socal450
02-07-2009, 11:58 AM
Lotus is known as one of,if not the best handling cars in the world!Colin Chapman(founder of Lotus)strongly believed in the power to weight theory,he also believed in keeping cost down!Ive driven the canyons here in So.Cal. with a F430 and a Gallardo and honestly was right there with those guys.Heres a clip of a friends Esprit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye-mUK_S_SU[/URL]

trick450r
02-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by 1socal450
Lotus is known as one of,if not the best handling cars in the world!Colin Chapman(founder of Lotus)strongly believed in the power to weight theory,he also believed in keeping cost down!Ive driven the canyons here in So.Cal. with a F430 and a Gallardo and honestly was right there with those guys.Heres a clip of a friends Esprit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye-mUK_S_SU[/URL]

it was just my opinion, if your happy with your car that's all that matters man, i hope you have many years of canyon carving ahead of you bro.

wish i lived in the west, however we have some scenic routes to take up here in new england.

Ryan
02-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Nice. I like it!