PDA

View Full Version : just picked up and rm 80

blankenship
02-01-2009, 11:21 AM
hey guys i know the forum is for 400ex's but i need a little bit of help and most of us guys are pretty handy i got this 83 rm 80 for 200$ it has good compression and good spark but just wont run the kick start is broke so we are bump starting it and the plug just comes out wet we have tried new plugs and tried fresh gas only thing we havent done is take the carb off and clean it so we will be doing that today any other suggestions ?????

250x_kyle
02-01-2009, 01:21 PM
if you are bump starting it how do you know it has good spark? id say fix the kick start and see if its getting spark. check the gap on the plug.

banshee187
02-01-2009, 05:36 PM
hey man i had the same problem with 83' suzuki ds80(it didn't have a kick starter either.first pull the carb off and clean ,will the carb is off spray some starting fluid in it and push it ans see what it does if it starts to pull away it you carb that is the problem.another problem i had is that i had my clutch ajusted to much and wouldn't turn it over fast enough and wouldn't start so try that

blankenship
02-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
if you are bump starting it how do you know it has good spark? id say fix the kick start and see if its getting spark. check the gap on the plug.

well we just pulled the plug and held it on the side of the block like u normally would and just put the bike in gear and walked with it the plug inturn sparked so we know it works............and thank you banshee187 i will def try the gas in the cylinder thing next time we are out messin with it

crxjarred
02-01-2009, 07:29 PM
check the reeds and put a new plug in it