PDA

View Full Version : GSP win

yam450_53
01-31-2009, 11:01 PM
I ain't got nothing more to say than wow. Total domination there was absolutely no match. BJ Penn should stay where he belongs, and that's in lightweight... talk is cheap eh?

Congratulations to GSP !!

TWISTED
01-31-2009, 11:09 PM
Did he give Penn a nap by chance???

deathcorefan2
01-31-2009, 11:48 PM
wow some win, a win to me is by a true TKO, KO, or Submission..that was kinda gay to win like that. rematch. and gsp wouldnt stand up and fight...for obvious reasons, :rolleyes:

PunkA$$
02-01-2009, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by deathcorefan2
wow some win, a win to me is by a true TKO, KO, or Submission..that was kinda gay to win like that. rematch. and gsp wouldnt stand up and fight...for obvious reasons, :rolleyes:

How is that not a true win? GSP dominated the fight in 2,3 and 4, so much so that they had to stop the fight.

Had they let them fight the final round I'm pretty sure you would have seen "BJ" knocked out, or worse.

yam450_53
02-01-2009, 07:10 AM

Are you f'n blind? BJ Penn had absolutely nothing to offer, he ate it bad to put it simple. Get real buddy, GSP is a better fighter, and for the "he wouldn't stand up and fight comment", look what happened when they weren't on the ground... yeah.. so much for his fast hands. Just admit it geeze, I hate it when someone wins and the loser's fans are like "oh yeah just wait till next time yada yada yada... WELL GUESS WHAT, this WAS a rematch and what happened is what it is. Sorry for getting so radical I just hate it when appreciation can't be given where it's due.

ridered11
02-01-2009, 08:10 AM
those who train gain those who don't won't

mcarlson1
02-01-2009, 01:28 PM
GSP looked exactly the same when he came out of the looker rooms!!! HE couldve faught another 5 rounds and still knocked the crap out of him!!!! It was pure domination plain and simple.

Thanks,
Mike

Wheelie
02-01-2009, 05:32 PM
I was stoked to see GSP win. Penn talked a lot of smack and couldn't back it up. GSP was winning the stand up, and crushed BJ on the ground. He had a very smart game plan and executed it brilliantly.

Now the icing on the cake for Penn will be losing his LW belt to Kenflo.

Then, hopefully, Penn will retire again and stay in Hawaii for good.

deathcorefan2
02-01-2009, 06:47 PM
he dominated but the way they stopped it was STUPID. BJ beat joe stevenson to a BLOODY PULP. and they diddnt stop it.

feuerstack411
02-01-2009, 06:53 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/2zrou28.gif

good.

madskrillz2
02-01-2009, 09:52 PM
he dominated but the way they stopped it was STUPID. BJ beat joe stevenson to a BLOODY PULP. and they diddnt stop it.

THEY didn't stop the fight. Bj's brother told them to stop the fight because he wasn't responding when they kept asking if he could continue. That's what happens you talk as much **** as he did. Plus GSP could have ended it earlier, but he said in all his pre fight interviews that he wanted to break BJ mentally and then physically. Basically he just wanted to pound on him for 5 rounds.

deathcorefan2
02-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
THEY didn't stop the fight. Bj's brother told them to stop the fight because he wasn't responding when they kept asking if he could continue. That's what happens you talk as much **** as he did. Plus GSP could have ended it earlier, but he said in all his pre fight interviews that he wanted to break BJ mentally and then physically. Basically he just wanted to pound on him for 5 rounds.

yeah i bet BJ gaining almost 20 pounds had NOTHING to do with it :rolleyes: he could have done WONDERS back at 155. he just wasnt BJ. and no, you want to know what happens when you talk mad s*** ? Anderson Silva vs. chris leben.
thats the best case of talking crap then getting killed i have EVER seen . lol. you cant deny that! lol

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kBkPtO1tr1k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kBkPtO1tr1k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Flyin_250r
02-02-2009, 11:43 AM
BJ is now 1-3 at WW. He should just stick to fighting at 155. He is a force at 155, but i wouldnt be surprised to see if he loses his next fight against kenflo. BJ is the way better fighter than florian, but he'll have a hard time getting motivated after getting his asss handed to him by GSP. I loved how Penn called GSP a quitter and now Penn has to live with not coming out in the 5th. He put up no fight at all, it was an absolute clinic by GSP.

BS stoppage? Do you really think Penn would have had absolutely anything to throw at GSP in the 5th round? Give me a break......

Alberta_Qaudin
02-02-2009, 12:19 PM

if you payed better attention they gave penn the option to continue, it was his corner and his people who called it on his word. and even if the ref did call it, i didnt see penn or any of his people dispute the call or try to argue it, he didnt get upset about it...........a guy who talks that much s*** should not even be in the position to have the fight called.

insaneracin2003
02-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Alberta_Qaudin
if you payed better attention they gave penn the option to continue, it was his corner and his people who called it on his word. and even if the ref did call it, i didnt see penn or any of his people dispute the call or try to argue it, he didnt get upset about it...........a guy who talks that much s*** should not even be in the position to have the fight called.
Exactly...

madskrillz2
02-02-2009, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Alberta_Qaudin

Ummm what are you talking about? Maybe you should pay attention to the post you're quoting before you tell somebody to pay attention. His brother is in his corner and one of his coaches. That's the point I was making you kromedome.

madskrillz2
02-02-2009, 02:31 PM
yeah i bet BJ gaining almost 20 pounds had NOTHING to do with it :rolleyes: he could have done WONDERS back at 155. he just wasnt BJ. and no, you want to know what happens when you talk mad s*** ? Anderson Silva vs. chris leben.
thats the best case of talking crap then getting killed i have EVER seen . lol. you cant deny that! lol

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kBkPtO1tr1k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kBkPtO1tr1k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You're right about the whole Silva/Leben thing but what point are you trying to make? You're going off on some randomness like you did in the Fedor thread. I realize Penn didn't have the conditioning because of the weight gain, but that was his own fault. He will still dominate at 155 but he has no place at 170.

Quad18star
02-02-2009, 02:31 PM
Penn sure did a great job of blocking all the GSP's punches with his face. :p

deathcorefan2
02-02-2009, 02:51 PM
You're right about the whole Silva/Leben thing but what point are you trying to make? You're going off on some randomness like you did in the Fedor thread. I realize Penn didn't have the conditioning because of the weight gain, but that was his own fault. He will still dominate at 155 but he has no place at 170.

..its a fight, its not random, you were talking about talking crap then getting killed, thats just a great example. so where your getting randomness from is beyond me..i dont know what you have against me but you need to grow up dude. and still, everyone thinks GSP is so high and mighty, well he will meet a whole different angle when he beats thiago alves, then comes face to face with the spider! can't wait to laugh at that one. lol

quad2xtreme
02-02-2009, 03:11 PM
can't believe how many people got suckered into buying this fight...I didn't. I was going to until I discoverd BJ was going to fight at 170 and GSP was going to be 185+.

By my math, a 168 lb "A" class fighter versus equal 187 lb "A" class fighter = 168 lb fighter getting his arse kicked. The days of a lighter weight fighter dominating a bigger fighter are over. They are all equally skilled now. It is a shame BJ was too dumb to know this.

GSP will get his arse kicked too if he tried to move up and fight a guy who is 20 lbs heavier at fight time.

quad2xtreme
02-02-2009, 03:20 PM
BTW, there are plenty of fighters that are heavier that BJ could beat...just no way a champion in a lighter weight division is going to beat the champion in another division. Champion versus champion will result in heavier class champion 99.99999% of the time.

I am not a GSP fan or hater, nor a BJ Penn fan or hater. I just look at it as 2 guys who I don't know that are getting to fight. I really don't get emotional about any of the fighters.

madskrillz2
02-02-2009, 05:35 PM
..its a fight, its not random, you were talking about talking crap then getting killed, thats just a great example. so where your getting randomness from is beyond me..i dont know what you have against me but you need to grow up dude. and still, everyone thinks GSP is so high and mighty, well he will meet a whole different angle when he beats thiago alves, then comes face to face with the spider! can't wait to laugh at that one. lol

You're the one that always quotes me with a "rolling eyes" response followed by something that has nothing to do with the last post. What did BJ's weight gain have anything to do with the first post you quoted from me? I just explained how his corner stopped the fight and not the ref. Oh, and how karma comes back on you when you talk as much as he did. As for GSP, I don't think he's high and mighty. Obviously, Matt Serra proved that. I really like Thiago Alves and I think he has a really good chance at beating him. For one, he is absolutely HUGE for 170. Plus, I don't know how GSP will deal with his kicks.

Sorry, if I've come off as an ***. It just seems like every response you have to me is sarcastic. Kinda hard for me to not be sarcastic back.

deathcorefan2
02-02-2009, 09:54 PM
You're the one that always quotes me with a "rolling eyes" response followed by something that has nothing to do with the last post. What did BJ's weight gain have anything to do with the first post you quoted from me? I just explained how his corner stopped the fight and not the ref. Oh, and how karma comes back on you when you talk as much as he did. As for GSP, I don't think he's high and mighty. Obviously, Matt Serra proved that. I really like Thiago Alves and I think he has a really good chance at beating him. For one, he is absolutely HUGE for 170. Plus, I don't know how GSP will deal with his kicks.

Sorry, if I've come off as an ***. It just seems like every response you have to me is sarcastic. Kinda hard for me to not be sarcastic back.

gaining that weight did horrible things to his conditioning and such, thats why he lost mainly. IMO. you can't honestly say that that was the BJ penn we have watched before. he did not look like himself out there.

well i think GSP will walk over Thiago and meet up with anderson and that will be that, anderson could move up or down in weight classes and kill IMO.

...new thread coming from me. check it out.

madskrillz2
02-02-2009, 10:03 PM
gaining that weight did horrible things to his conditioning and such, thats why he lost mainly. IMO. you can't honestly say that that was the BJ penn we have watched before. he did not look like himself out there.

well i think GSP will walk over Thiago and meet up with anderson and that will be that, anderson could move up or down in weight classes and kill IMO.

...new thread coming from me. check it out.

Yeah that's why I think his conditioning was terrible too. I think it would have been a much better fight had they fought at a "catch weight". You're right about fighting Anderson too. I don't think that guy can beat. He has just demolished EVERYONE they have put in front of him. I'd like to see him move up to LHW and take that belt.

deathcorefan2
02-02-2009, 10:15 PM
Yeah that's why I think his conditioning was terrible too. I think it would have been a much better fight had they fought at a "catch weight". You're right about fighting Anderson too. I don't think that guy can beat. He has just demolished EVERYONE they have put in front of him. I'd like to see him move up to LHW and take that belt.

Dana white said after the cote fight that anderson is 2 fights from getting a shot, one of his fights is soon..UFC 96? 97? wow it would be amazing for him to take the belt from rashad lol! it's like he doesnt really fight people, he just plays around untill he wants to end the fight lol. obtw, he only has 5 or so fights left on his contract then he is retiring...=[[[

madskrillz2
02-02-2009, 11:03 PM
Dana white said after the cote fight that anderson is 2 fights from getting a shot, one of his fights is soon..UFC 96? 97? wow it would be amazing for him to take the belt from rashad lol! it's like he doesnt really fight people, he just plays around untill he wants to end the fight lol. obtw, he only has 5 or so fights left on his contract then he is retiring...=[[[

Yeah I saw that awhile back, but I read somewhere that some guys from his camp highly doubt he will retire anytime soon.

Flyin_250r
02-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Andersons next fight is against Thales Leites at i think 96 or 97. Its in March up here in MTL Canada. Chuck is fighting Shogun. Anderson should win quite easily. Anderson is said to retire after his contract is up, in 5 or 6 fights. I think this is a waste of a fight if thats true. He should lay a beating on the winner of Bisping/Henderson, then swim in the 205. A fight with GSP would sell massive PPVs but i think Anderson would hurt GSP big time standing, but who knows, it is mma.

I think Machida is going to get that 205 belt before Anderson does and they wont fight each other apparently. All i know is i wouldnt mind seeing Rashad get dropped. I give him credit, he has come a long way and is looking real good lately, but man hes so arrogant (but his record gives him reasons to be i guess). That knock out of Chuck was brutal, i thought he was dead! lol

deathcorefan2
02-02-2009, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Flyin_250r
Andersons next fight is against Thales Leites at i think 96 or 97. Its in March up here in MTL Canada. Chuck is fighting Shogun. Anderson should win quite easily. Anderson is said to retire after his contract is up, in 5 or 6 fights. I think this is a waste of a fight if thats true. He should lay a beating on the winner of Bisping/Henderson, then swim in the 205. A fight with GSP would sell massive PPVs but i think Anderson would hurt GSP big time standing, but who knows, it is mma.

I think Machida is going to get that 205 belt before Anderson does and they wont fight each other apparently. All i know is i wouldnt mind seeing Rashad get dropped. I give him credit, he has come a long way and is looking real good lately, but man hes so arrogant (but his record gives him reasons to be i guess). That knock out of Chuck was brutal, i thought he was dead! lol

aw, rashad will get big time cocky then get dropped. but like i said, anderson will go 205 again if he keeps winning, or so dana white says.

snacob14
02-03-2009, 11:23 AM
[QUOTE][i]BTW, there are plenty of fighters that are heavier that BJ could beat...just no way a champion in a lighter weight division is going to beat the champion in another division. Champion versus champion will result in heavier class champion 99.999of the time.[QUOTE]

....uh...Dan Henderson

deathcorefan2
02-03-2009, 12:22 PM
HA. um, news and pics are saying GSP cheated.

his trainer rubbed vasaline on his shoulders and back, in between rounds. doing that made BJ's armbar attempts impossible..as you could see in the fight BJ tried a couple times to put his legs on his shoulders and armbar him from the bottom...every time his legs slipped off..

STRANGE isnt it?

lol

madskrillz2
02-03-2009, 12:42 PM
HA. um, news and pics are saying GSP cheated.

his trainer rubbed vasaline on his shoulders and back, in between rounds. doing that made BJ's armbar attempts impossible..as you could see in the fight BJ tried a couple times to put his legs on his shoulders and armbar him from the bottom...every time his legs slipped off..

STRANGE isnt it?

lol

Yeah I saw that over on Sherdog. It definitely looks questionable and I'd hate to believe that he actually cheated. He doesn't seem like the type to do something like that. Neither does Greg Jackson.

deathcorefan2
02-03-2009, 03:01 PM
Yeah I saw that over on Sherdog. It definitely looks questionable and I'd hate to believe that he actually cheated. He doesn't seem like the type to do something like that. Neither does Greg Jackson.

i agree, he always has good sportsmanship. but man i thought BJ's ground game looked off, i mean GSP is obviously a better fighter but BJ has CRAZY ground..and his legs kept slipping off his shoulders..it all comes together now. lol i think it would have been a better fight had this not happened..well IF it happened.

ben300
02-03-2009, 04:08 PM
i agree, he always has good sportsmanship. but man i thought BJ's ground game looked off, i mean GSP is obviously a better fighter but BJ has CRAZY ground..and his legs kept slipping off his shoulders..it all comes together now. lol i think it would have been a better fight had this not happened..well IF it happened.

im a big bj fan, but its just complete bull****...

the reason why his ground game wasnt effective is because an under prepared, slightly over weight bj got mutilated, no aniahlated, by a better prepared, better in shape, more game, larger gsp, who in my mind is no. 1 p4p fighter right now.

and now i read on sherdog that mat hughes is comming out of wood work saying that he isnt accusing but is saying the gsp felt greasy in their fights.......ya right! hughes can say w/e he wants, he never has anythign good to say about another fighter....

supposidly mayham miller has said this too, but what has he dont as of lately, as of the past 3 years....

they need to ask fitch and koscheck, especially kos, a ground monster, if he thinks gsp greased during their fight....

and so far, bj has ot filled a complaint wtih NSAC, jsut made allegations....the truth is...gsp is now, he is it..complete mma machine....

Flyin_250r
02-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Come on give me a break. Why is it whenever a superstar gets his *** beat that he has to whine about it. Give it a rest, you got manhandled so take your lumps and learn from it. Penn just has to come up with something because of all the smack he was talking about in the pre fight hype. Obviously all it did was motivate GSP. Im a fan of both, but lost respect for Penn during those Primetime episodes.

Also lost a bit more respect for him for the allegations. Its his brother thats making the statements not Penn! Oh and for Hughes, how did the "vasoline" effect his fight, did it slip the arm bar in that much deeper on Hughes? These guys just cant handle that GSP is younger, stronger, faster, BETTER. He has the attitude to keep learning and thats where I think Hughes and Penn fault. Hughes hasnt done shiit since he left Miletich. Its because his ego thinks he doesnt need it. Same with Penn saying he has UFC fighters in his camp, who Justin McCully??? Troy Melandez??? How do they compare to Rashad, Jardine, Marquart?

Just face it, he got beat, so he should just take it and rule the lightweight division like he should have anyways. I just hope he does come back and rule it and not get lazy again.....

Dont be surprised if we hear of the steroid allegations against St.Pierre as well soon, thats about the only thing missing now.

ben300
02-03-2009, 04:56 PM
ya, and sherk has now made these allegations as well...

the same sherk gthat didtn know there was steroids in his protein shakes...

ahah

deathcorefan2
02-03-2009, 05:29 PM
WOW. they arent WHINING. proof is in the pics. cheating is cheating.

and i have to disagree. anderson silva is the best p4p fighter. :blah:

ben300
02-03-2009, 06:19 PM
WOW. they arent WHINING. proof is in the pics. cheating is cheating.

and i have to disagree. anderson silva is the best p4p fighter. :blah:

and we are gonna have to agree to disagree...

im just gonna say that all of georges fights in the past 2 go 4 years have been against opponents that are of i believe better quality than that of what anderson has fought. sure, silva has fought some serious competition, but gsp has found no.1 contender afte no.1 contender, and even a champion from anothe weight class..

and i watched the fight live, adn there was no cheating in that fight, the only thing i saw was a possible first round going to bj, with then unter complete domination after wards with george controllling not onyte stand up but the ground as well...he peformed perfectly, causing bj to quit..

as much as i didnt want bj to loose, it is what it is