PDA

View Full Version : 02 700 vibration issue

02polaris
01-31-2009, 08:20 PM
Hi all... first time poster, so far this forum has tons of good info! I am impressed! I just bought an 02 700 twin, it has 4700 miles and is in excellent shape, not a scratch on it. The only problem I have is a vibration issue. It comes from the front end when I am accelerating and even a little bit when I am at top end speed. I thought I had heard at one time that this has been a problem with this model, has anyone heard of this or delt with it? Any fixes? Thanks in advance.

Jason

rundrave
02-02-2009, 08:25 AM
what kind of tires are on it? alot of after market mud tires will shake at higher speeds

also make sure you dont have any snow or anything packed in the rim

the next thing to check would be the tie rod ends for any play

also there is a ball joint in the bottom of each strut housing, if that grease zerk there isnt greased, often times it will where out that ball joint and cause some play

there may also be another grease zerk on each of the front a-arm, inspect that as well as the a-arm bushings for any play

02polaris
02-06-2009, 06:29 PM
Thanks Rundrave, I will check all of those things and let you know what I find! The tires are pretty much standard ATV tires (Goodyear), they are not mud tires. I am betting there is going to be some play in something down there, hope it won't be too expensive:ermm: :ermm: :ermm: