PDA

View Full Version : motor prob..need help

Outlaw6;=-
01-31-2009, 07:11 PM
Hey guys.. I have the 06 outlaw fuji motor and the last few times i have been out i have noticed what could easily be determined as a rattle type noise from the motor. It only seems to be there on idle or just above idle. There doesn't seem to be no lose in power but with it being winter and 2 ft. of snow it does spin alot. It idles perfect..starts no problem, But there is a slight hesitation when u first hit the trottle. Please if any know or have the same type of problem and can give me any info it would be much appreciated..Thank you

GE4x4
01-31-2009, 07:53 PM
Can you tell from what part of the engine it's coming from? I know on my brother 04 his stator bolts loosen up on him. It might be worth a look.

Outlaw6;=-
01-31-2009, 09:05 PM
thanks GE4X4.. it sounds like on the left bottom of the motor..gear shift side.

SSJEFF
02-02-2009, 09:28 AM
I know the exhaust heat sheild vibrates up against a bolt on those.

Outlaw6;=-
02-11-2009, 11:41 PM
Been waiting for my bike to be fixed and they are so backed up it wont be till next week. The rattle noise which is coming from the motor, could it be the water pump or oil pump? They told me i could come and take it for the weekend because they don't think it's anything serious. Or if it is the stator bolt which has loosen off could it damage something? BTW...the noise is only between idle and 2000 rpm. Any higher and it goes away.