PDA

View Full Version : hrc cam break-in?? suggestions?

natetkd
01-31-2009, 06:26 PM
i'm getting ready to install the hrc kit and need to find out the proper break in. i'm not sure if it will be in the manual or not. i was told to run it at 3-4000rpms, the first day of riding and then change the oil, does that sound right?

dpizz450
01-31-2009, 07:50 PM
make sure to use break in lube on the cam right before your about to throw the cover back on the head.

like everything else, everyone has their own break in way....i broke mine in hard and rode the piss out of it. then change the oil and check the valves, they will prolly need adjusting.

WilRideAnything
02-01-2009, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by YZrida
make sure to use break in lube on the cam right before your about to throw the cover back on the head.

like everything else, everyone has their own break in way....i broke mine in hard and rode the piss out of it. then change the oil and check the valves, they will prolly need adjusting.

Perfect!!!

spencer_shinn
02-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by YZrida

Thats what i did :D:devil:

d3ktrix
02-01-2009, 07:28 PM
Cover the cam/shims/buckets and everything else that has movement in oil. Then ride :P

Hotcams has some recommended "cam break in procedure". But I don't think anyone ever follows it. lol