PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from INDIANA??

bushwesl
01-31-2009, 03:00 PM
Well, I just finished up with school and am about to start my "life." I landed a job in the Warsaw, IN area and was wondering if anyone was from around there? I'm originally from MI and will be moving in a couple of weeks. I'm going to be staying in an apartment for at least the first 6 months, but then I'll probably be looking for a house. So it looks like the R is going to be parked for awhile, at least until I have some place I can store it. Are there any places to ride around the area?

ATV Chic
02-01-2009, 03:16 PM
http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/

Nice Mx track added last summer. :cool:

bushwesl
02-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the link!

Are there any other areas/tracks besides the Badlands to ride at in IN?

ATV Chic
02-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Close to the ohio border further south there's Haspin Acres in Laurel, IN. It's about a 2 hour drive from indy. I like the badlands better but it's still a nice place to ride and camp. http://www.haspinacres.com/schedule.php
Hope this helps!

250xridamatt
02-05-2009, 02:32 PM
I am from Fort Wayne, but I am going to school down in Huntington. So I am about an hour away from Warsaw. If you want to ride on some mx tracks you moved to a decent place. Check out Reads Racing (www.readsracing.com). they have 4 tracks in your general area, plus one in Fort Wayne. There is also another outdoor track near Fort Wayne called the Motoplex. Reads has races pretty much every weekend once it gets a little warmer out, so you can get you fix of racing if you want.

I know how you feel about putting away the R for a few months. Living in a dorm an hour from home doesn't make it very easy to ride or race.

Mindi51982
02-07-2009, 02:44 PM
Hey!
I'm originally from Michigan, too. Was about an hour away from some of the trails in the northern lower Michigan, but moved to South Bend this past October. Hopefully I can find some people to ride with and head up to the trails in Michigan for a day/night/weekend. I have a Z71 but only a 1 place trailer so I'm willing to drive anywhere. I have an '06 YFZ450.

xDeeVy465x
02-10-2009, 04:15 PM
I live about south of indy and go to haspin a lot, if anyone wants to go feel free, we can set a date up when its a tad warmer.