PDA

View Full Version : problems with my 400

pantherpit218
01-31-2009, 10:13 AM
alright, i got a recently rebuilt 416 engine with port and polish, after market cam and piston and its supose to run off jet fuel.
so, yesterday i got it out for the first time in a few months and let it run for about 30 mins before even riding it, i just added high octane fuel to the race gas so it was about half and half and also changed the oil before riding.
while riding i could harley get outta 3rd gear bc it just felt like it would lose all power and cut out really bad and it would start to smoke really bad, like my whole yard, was covered in smoke but if i would stay idled low it wouldnt smoke at all.. finally i got tired of it and decided to put it up when i noticed oil comming out of the air box again which it had done before and even the shop couldnt figured out where it was comming from but said it should be ok since it wasnt alot.
my question is what do think is causing it to cut out bc its unrideable this way! could it be jetting or maybe the oil leaking??? maybe even the motor about to go out even tho it only has like 10-12 rides on the new motor??

any input would be great,

thanks in advance!

BlasterEaten250
01-31-2009, 05:15 PM
Is the oil way overfilled? Check it after it's warm

jasonwayne222
02-06-2009, 09:44 AM
engineswell you need to specify which jet fuel he used because im a helicopter mechanic and we use jet a and i can tell you that it runs fine in a diesel engine just add a little oil with it but ive asked several of the older guys that have been around for a while and from what ive been told you probly screwed up when u put jet fuel in your bike. its not nearly as combustible as a pump gas nor does it lubricate nearly as good. just because its jet fuel doesnt mean its super bad *** like everyone thinks. turbines work on a whole different principle than combustion

Exrider434
02-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by jasonwayne222
engineswell you need to specify which jet fuel he used because im a helicopter mechanic and we use jet a and i can tell you that it runs fine in a diesel engine just add a little oil with it but ive asked several of the older guys that have been around for a while and from what ive been told you probly screwed up when u put jet fuel in your bike. its not nearly as combustible as a pump gas nor does it lubricate nearly as good. just because its jet fuel doesnt mean its super bad *** like everyone thinks. turbines work on a whole different principle than combustion

Whaaat????:huh