PDA

View Full Version : Will I be lean?

Blizzard24
01-31-2009, 07:55 AM
I picked up a full HMF Sport exhaust system on ebay yesterday, and need to know which will be the best setup for running, I race XC and cant be running lean during the race.

Can I get by w just the Pink wire mod and run:

Lid Off/ Full exhaust
Lid On w K&N/ Full exhaust
Lid Off w K&N/ Full exhaust

And does it matter if I do go with an FMI which brand I go with or do I have to go with the same manufacturer as the exhaust?

Sorry for the dumb questions, but this is my first FI quad.

TNT
01-31-2009, 10:27 AM
Only way to tell is go do some riding WOT pull your plugs and look for a medium tan, whitish too lean, charcoal too rich......Then decided if you need a FMI. You can use any one Im waiting for the PC5 with a 02 sensor and autotune feature but the whole system like $600.

See that pink wire MAP you have can be twicked on the DYNO like any map and the dealer has some capability through BUDS, enhanced or tunned, and the EFI system can make adjustments to that MAP within a band or range(diviations to the F/Air curve).....The AAPTS(ambient air pressure and temp sensor) in the air box makes adjustments to altitude within a range, once you get outside of the MAPs or ECM programmed range to the MAP with the input parameters such as air, coolant temp, crank position, throttle position, then a FMI or different fuel map system is needed.

With your new pipe creating less back pressure if anything you may run rich, but again the system will try and adjust. Pull your plugs and see then decide if you need or want to spend the $. Lid off K&N full system probably best. I know w/DASA big motors they run no box but put it on in mud...Think I am keeping mine on drilling holes not sure yet will see on the dyno.....no box just relocate you AAPTS anywhere close to original.

But if your wanting top performance the PC5 is the way to go!

WesDS450X
01-31-2009, 11:40 AM
im running motoworks slip on pink wire cut no air box/K&N filter and shes runnin just fine now 100 hours with no problems =]

crixal
01-31-2009, 06:07 PM
i run full system rossier & rossier intake w/ the pink wire cut. it's runs really good.

jlrenken
02-01-2009, 03:21 PM
diddo i would trade for anything else

jlrenken
02-01-2009, 03:22 PM
sorry wouldnt trade for anything else