PDA

View Full Version : JB racing suspension set up help needed

mpblaster287
01-30-2009, 11:38 PM
I have JB racing LT +2 3/8 a-arms for an 06+ I am going to be running on my 04 trx 450r. I have heard that everyone likes the 04-05 spindles better because they reduce bump steer because they place the wheel center closer to the a-arms or something like that. Will I be able to run 04-05 spindles on my 06+ arms on my 04 or do i have to use 06+ spindles? I have both but I would rather use the 04's of possible.

Also I have a JB racing swing arm that is supposed to be for all years. It has two mounting holes for the linkage. I have been told that the top hole is for standard travel linkage and the bottom is for long travel linkage. I have a LT elka elite with elka linkage i was going to run with it. I bought the two items seperate and I want to make sure they will work together before I replace bearings and have things powdercoated. Does the year of the swinger and shock matter? I have heard that you can not mix 04-04 and 06+ swingers and linkages, but if the swingarm is for all years it should work right?

Thanks to anyone that answers this.

-Chris

mpblaster287
02-01-2009, 10:31 AM
anyone?

dustin_j
02-02-2009, 07:42 AM
Try posting this in the 450r specific section, you will probably get more replies there.

fandl450r
02-02-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by mpblaster287
I have JB racing LT +2 3/8 a-arms for an 06+ I am going to be running on my 04 trx 450r. I have heard that everyone likes the 04-05 spindles better because they reduce bump steer because they place the wheel center closer to the a-arms or something like that. Will I be able to run 04-05 spindles on my 06+ arms on my 04 or do i have to use 06+ spindles? I have both but I would rather use the 04's of possible.

Also I have a JB racing swing arm that is supposed to be for all years. It has two mounting holes for the linkage. I have been told that the top hole is for standard travel linkage and the bottom is for long travel linkage. I have a LT elka elite with elka linkage i was going to run with it. I bought the two items seperate and I want to make sure they will work together before I replace bearings and have things powdercoated. Does the year of the swinger and shock matter? I have heard that you can not mix 04-04 and 06+ swingers and linkages, but if the swingarm is for all years it should work right?

Thanks to anyone that answers this.

-Chris

Chris,

I believe that the 06 Arms can be used with the 04/05 spindles, but also must use the 04/05 hubs. Whereas if you use the 06 spindles they will need the 06 hubs. I can find out for sure from my mechanic if you would like. Otherwise give Jody a call, and he would be happy to answer your questions.

In regards to the swinger if you are using an 04/05 swingarm you should be using an 04/05 linkage and dogbone. The two holes I believe just change the leverage ratio of the shock, and don't correlate to long travel vs std travel. JB actually has a LT linkage system to use an LT shock.

Fandl