PDA

View Full Version : 06 valve cleraence

RideRaceLive93
01-30-2009, 11:03 PM
hey what shlould the clearnce on my 300ex be its and 06 but its says 0.1mm on frame and 0.4 in 96 maual i got what is the coreect size?

Grimzella
02-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Well my Clymer manual for the 300ex says clearance for valves are .004 ..Both intake & exhaust.. thats prob tru for all 300ex's '93 thru 2008. but mine still chatters like a little B!@#$. not bad, but i know its not my valves or clearence, it is something else . wrist pin? cam bearings or cam chain? i replaced the cylinder head already, that was just redone. Exact same tapping\chatter sound tho. I have friends that have 300ex.. they say its normal.. So who knows. It seems to run fine tho... good bottom end for steeper climbs.. and good flat out runner... open fields. Every once and awhile i blow blue smoke or oil. but it will stop. Prob my rings doing that. 5-6 yrs old OEM's never replaced. Does yours Tap? is this why you are adjusting them? Would AMSOIL Synth oil help engine noise? as i run Honda Oil.

RideRaceLive93
02-06-2009, 05:34 PM
yeha if its not the calve and you have all new head stuff its the rings when i got mine it made a horrible metal on metal sound and my rockers and cam where bad but its prob your wrings i can alomast garentte it