PDA

View Full Version : Steering Stabilizer wont fit

BlaineKaiser450
01-30-2009, 08:11 PM
i just got a precision steering stabilizer for my 2004 450r and it wont fit. Its hitting the gusset (bare) up in the front triangles and there isnt enough room to make it fit. Can someone with a Bare gusset kit and a Precision steering stabilizer post some pics of how its mounted? I dont know wtf is up because some of my friends have the exact same stuff and theirs works fine

big bad beny
01-31-2009, 12:13 AM
i could be wrong but i think bare builds gusset kits depending on the steering stabilizer that you are running. because of clerence problems. you might be able to call them and see if you can just buy the gusset thats difernt and cut out the old one and weld in the new one.

ricksmx865
01-31-2009, 09:14 AM
agreed.

I think they had different kits depending on stabilizer because of these clearance issuses

BlaineKaiser450
01-31-2009, 09:26 AM
okay thanks guys! My dad and i were looking at it and we would be able to cut out about a quarter sized amount out of the bottom of the gusset for the stabilizer to fit into. And if we do it right, it should look good

TWISTED
01-31-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
okay thanks guys! My dad and i were looking at it and we would be able to cut out about a quarter sized amount out of the bottom of the gusset for the stabilizer to fit into. And if we do it right, it should look good

Dupontster had to do the same thing to his Honda..... His looked like it was made around the stabilizer when he was done......

Sjorge450R
01-31-2009, 12:53 PM
yea the kits dont let the stabilizer work. I had to cut at my gussets to make it fit, but trust me, its worth it.