PDA

View Full Version : Lone Star Racing...

TWISTED
01-30-2009, 07:15 PM
Heard from a pretty good source that LSR is on its death bed.... Hate to hear that........

BlasterEaten250
01-30-2009, 07:21 PM
dang. It stinks that all these companies that have been around forever are goin under:ermm:

wvspeedfreak
01-30-2009, 07:26 PM
That would be a shame.Unfortunately I hear stories like this every week :(

907Rider
01-30-2009, 07:37 PM
Thats too bad:(

Dave400ex
01-30-2009, 08:40 PM
Some rumors were going around about Laeger as well...

blacknblue#2
01-30-2009, 09:08 PM
This is very sad to say, but the even worse part is i think we can say get used to it. The economy is in bad shape and these kind of companys are relying on ppls hobbies and entertainment to keep them in business. Yeah you will still have your diehards that buy stuff that dont have to worry about money but id roughly guess 90% of our sport is blue collar guys that work a 40 hour job every week. When companys start cutting back it will be hard to sink for example 2500 bucks in a set of shocks just to make your landing better on saturdays race. I know my company has took a toll. I am only working 3 weeks a month. If i didnt live at home my toys would be setting around collecting dust. Its sad to say it but its gonna get worse before it can get better.........kinda scary

krt400ex
01-30-2009, 09:15 PM
this is a shame. they were one of the best aftermarket companies for quads.

quad2xtreme
01-30-2009, 09:23 PM
damn, I've been so close to ordering a chromoly frame. If they are going to close up shop maybe I can get one before they do.

Pappy
01-30-2009, 09:27 PM
Sadly, we havent seen the fallout from many companies that are on the verge of closing their doors.

LSR had recently moved into a new, bigger facility and then the bottom fell out of the economy. I can only imagine that this has to be a huge financial burden on them.

People will always have their toys, they will buy parts before they pay the mortgage.

Todd 450
01-31-2009, 01:59 AM
I believe your contact would be confusing Lonestar Racing with laegers, as Laegers have closed their doors. I can assure you Lonstar Racing are going to be around for while longer yet !!.

Todd.

TWISTED
01-31-2009, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Todd 450
I believe your contact would be confusing Lonestar Racing with laegers, as Laegers have closed their doors. I can assure you Lonstar Racing are going to be around for while longer yet !!.

Todd.

Without letting the cat out of the bag, my source's company was buying product by the trailer load..... I hate to hear it cause I have a complete LSR bike, but that's what he's telling me.... He also told me about Bling Star before they crumbled too....

Mxjunkie
01-31-2009, 09:42 AM
I guess I better buy as much R parts as I can now :p

Rich250RRacer
01-31-2009, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by TWISTED
Without letting the cat out of the bag, my source's company was buying product by the trailer load..... I hate to hear it cause I have a complete LSR bike, but that's what he's telling me.... He also told me about Bling Star before they crumbled too....

This sucks, I have two Lonestars. Looks like I'm going to have to get creative when I need parts.

rollie
01-31-2009, 09:44 AM
damn this sucks, where do we get parts for our a-arms and axles now?:ermm:

Rich250RRacer
01-31-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by rollie
damn this sucks, where do we get parts for our a-arms and axles now?:ermm:

The inner Heims can be bought at any industrial supply store, or check Ebay for 1/2 rod ends. They're everywhere on there, and you can get a full set for what Lonestar charges for one. Helms Enterprises will make the lower arm inner bushings for you.

stoopidbot
01-31-2009, 10:56 AM
I just bought a roll cage from them for our Rhino.

Todd 450
02-01-2009, 03:41 AM

Lets hope they are just rumours, as my last 5 quads have been full LSR setups, i've just had no problems with their product, so i'm sticking with them.

I know LSRacing are working on some new product which will be good news for Quad riders, maybe they discounted some stock to increase their cashflow to work on the new plan, dont write them off just yet !!

lwrider20
02-01-2009, 12:03 PM
ok let me put this rumor to rest right now. i work for lonestar racing and the rumor is absolutly untrue. we are up and running strong and are not showing any signs of closing down ever. in fact we are still working on developing new parts for new quads like the yfz450r and the new ktm's and even on the side x side part of things we have the new artic cat 1k. plus stay tuned for some other new products that we should be releasing here in about a month.

stoopidbot
02-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by lwrider20
ok let me put this rumor to rest right now. i work for lonestar racing and the rumor is absolutly untrue. yes leager's did close down but we are up and running strong and are not showing any signs of closing down ever. in fact we are still working on developing new parts for new quads like the yfz450r and the new ktm's and even on the side x side part of things we have the new artic cat 1k. plus stay tuned for some other new products that we should be releasing here in about a month. So do you know Sheldon? If so tell him the guy with the Fedex damaged roll cage said thank you very much forr all of his help!

lwrider20
02-01-2009, 12:47 PM
yup i work right along side sheldon. ya i remember seeing the pics of your cage. glad we could get you taken care of.

stoopidbot
02-01-2009, 12:54 PM
yup i work right along side sheldon. ya i remember seeing the pics of your cage. glad we could get you taken care of. Show these to Sheldon if you get a chance.
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/kristinkoron/DSCF3554.jpg
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/kristinkoron/DSCF3558.jpg

user101
02-01-2009, 02:29 PM
I think alot of these companies would do better if they didn't charge so much for a-arms, shocks, etc. I understand you get what you pay for but the price of the stuff in my opinion is steep. If these companies lowered the price of their products without losing quality, sure they wouldn't make as much from each part but they would sell more.

I'm curious as to how much a company profits from say a set of longtravel a-arms or lt shocks.

hondaking52
02-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by user101
I think alot of these companies would do better if they didn't charge so much for a-arms, shocks, etc. I understand you get what you pay for but the price of the stuff in my opinion is steep. If these companies lowered the price of their products without losing quality, sure they wouldn't make as much from each part but they would sell more.

I'm curious as to how much a company profits from say a set of longtravel a-arms or lt shocks. alot.....

TWISTED
02-01-2009, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by hondaking52
alot.....

AMEN..........

Ex_Rider43
02-01-2009, 02:50 PM
Any of you priced 4130 chromoly or cnc machines lately ?

TWISTED
02-01-2009, 03:06 PM
I've got a buddy that is a fabricator/machinist and when I showed him what this stuff cost, he said I was nuts for paying that.... He said once you get the machines set, the rest is a piece of cake.....

GE4x4
02-01-2009, 03:26 PM
IMHO, shocks are the biggest rip off. I can buy the stock Podium X shock from the Outlaw 450 from my dealer for $500. That same shock for any other quad through a company is $1000. Can -Am factory Ren X shocks with high and low with rebound are $1600. Get any other shock with those setting and your over $2500.:confused:

TAZ450r
02-01-2009, 03:48 PM
I've got a buddy that is a fabricator/machinist and when I showed him what this stuff cost, he said I was nuts for paying that.... He said once you get the machines set, the rest is a piece of cake.....

thats true! if you make let's say 100 a arms, it's the first one you make thats cost, the other 99 are almost free!

TWISTED
02-01-2009, 04:33 PM
That's what he told me, and he's been in business for 25 years so I think he's would know..... The retail on my a arms was $840... He told me that $450-500 would be very generous......

D Bergstrom
02-01-2009, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Ex_Rider43

Or for that matter, the hourly wage of a GOOD welder or other employee's? Yes, this stuff is expensive, but do you think the owners of these companies are flying around in corparate jets or driving to work in a Mercedes? Maybe, but I doubt it. If you guys think you could sell parts cheaper, maybe you should start your own company...

I will agree on shocks though, I can buy a complete coilover shock for a offroad race car for about the same price as the little itty bity rear shock on my quad. Oh well, such is life, if you do not like the price, do not buy it.

Doug

hondaking52
02-01-2009, 08:33 PM
I've got a buddy that is a fabricator/machinist and when I showed him what this stuff cost, he said I was nuts for paying that.... He said once you get the machines set, the rest is a piece of cake..... oya, you think 6 feet of tubing cost's $500...no, but everyone has to make money to stay alive, car companys, parts places...

csr250r
02-01-2009, 09:06 PM
Dang.... I had a set of their a-arms on my last quad, never had any problems. I just bought some long travel TCS for my yfz and I
am pricing their a-arms, i hope they make it. They also have some pretty B-A graphics.

lwrider20
02-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by D Bergstrom
Or for that matter, the hourly wage of a GOOD welder or other employee's? Yes, this stuff is expensive, but do you think the owners of these companies are flying around in corparate jets or driving to work in a Mercedes? Maybe, but I doubt it. If you guys think you could sell parts cheaper, maybe you should start your own company...

I will agree on shocks though, I can buy a complete coilover shock for a offroad race car for about the same price as the little itty bity rear shock on my quad. Oh well, such is life, if you do not like the price, do not buy it.

Doug

AMEN.

dont worry csr250r, despite all these rumors that is all they are is rumors. we are NOT going anywhere.

hondaking52
02-01-2009, 09:46 PM
AMEN.

dont worry csr250r, despite all these rumors that is all they are is rumors. we are NOT going anywhere. glad to hear!!:D (i need an axle soon), lol

user101
02-01-2009, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Ex_Rider43

I have priced CNC machines lately but as far as the 4130, i have no idea. I am a machinist, i deal in production and I know these guy are making a very nice profit off parts. It just seems to me they are getting greedy.

TCracin440ex
02-02-2009, 12:07 AM
idk how many of yall took business in high school or in any school, but the thing is called supply and demand

when the supply is high, demand is low, price is low

when the supply is low, demand is high, price is high

Rootar
02-02-2009, 05:30 AM
it seems as if some people complaining of the price are forgetting all the cost of manufacturing.... not only do you have the material, you have the labour, cost off the machine, cost to operate the machine, tooling they wear out making the parts, and out of the profits they have to pay the shop's mortage, all the ultilites (unreal how much electricty a bunch of big machines running around the clock will run up the bill) plus they have people that inspect the parts, the whole powdercoating or chroming operations, you have people in marketing putting out all the adds, poeple pushing the parts out to the dealers and suppliers, people loading and packaging parts. dont forget about your hardware with the arms, such as balljoints, bushing or bearings, and that stuff.

when you really lay it out there the cost doesnt seem that bad.....

05LSR250R
02-02-2009, 05:58 AM
One thing I think warrants some of the prices is the cost of research and developement. This takes time and material to get it right. The cheaper arms swingarms,etc.... are cheaoer because they dont R&D their products to the extent of the "upper crust" manufacturers. Just my 2 cents!! Thanx.

quad59
02-02-2009, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by 05LSR250R
One thing I think warrants some of the prices is the cost of research and developement. This takes time and material to get it right. The cheaper arms swingarms,etc.... are cheaoer because they dont R&D their products to the extent of the "upper crust" manufacturers. Just my 2 cents!! Thanx.

x2 They have to recover costs from development. Not to mention that lately with all the new models coming out. Trying to keep up has got to be expensive.

D-7#61-450r
02-03-2009, 06:40 PM
Does anyone remeber when we bought the aftermarket parts because the stock parts were outragously priced. In the 250R days you bought Maier plastics because they were cheaper, Steering stems were cheaper than factory. Those days are long gone.
I do realize the quality of some of the companies out there are second to none and R&D is expensive. As stated by someone else that is only for the first part after a few parts are sold it is profit turning.
Back to the real subject of this thread It will really hit our industry hard to loose Laeger and Lonestar in the first months of this year. When times get tight the first thing people cut out is money spent on pleasure/hobbies.

54warrior
02-04-2009, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Rootar
it seems as if some people complaining of the price are forgetting all the cost of manufacturing.... not only do you have the material, you have the labour, cost off the machine, cost to operate the machine, tooling they wear out making the parts, and out of the profits they have to pay the shop's mortage, all the ultilites (unreal how much electricty a bunch of big machines running around the clock will run up the bill) plus they have people that inspect the parts, the whole powdercoating or chroming operations, you have people in marketing putting out all the adds, poeple pushing the parts out to the dealers and suppliers, people loading and packaging parts. dont forget about your hardware with the arms, such as balljoints, bushing or bearings, and that stuff.

when you really lay it out there the cost doesnt seem that bad.....

Easily the best post in this thread.

#88yfz
02-04-2009, 09:12 AM
Finally got through to laeger's today, they only shut down for the winter months in will be opening back up this spring so glad to hear that.

SRH
02-04-2009, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
Sadly, we havent seen the fallout from many companies that are on the verge of closing their doors.

LSR had recently moved into a new, bigger facility and then the bottom fell out of the economy. I can only imagine that this has to be a huge financial burden on them.

People will always have their toys, they will buy parts before they pay the mortgage.

thats the truth people go toys over bill's ALOT of the time....

one thing i could never grasp is these companies going out of business..... i personally would never operate a business solely on credit, and i definetely would not take a loan to expand my business unless it was absolutely necessary and i could see my way clear, if you ask me companies that do this are gambling, i cant feel sorry for them, if banks werent involved things would just be slow, not completely cease ....i definetely would do my research and be aware of the economy before deciding to go with a new building or new equipment etc....i see alot of guys like this more or less end up buying themselves a job , they dont OWN a business.....

lwrider20
02-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Well its good to see that somebody bought Leager and they will eventually be up and running again. LSR had no choice but to move into a bigger facility and we did this before the economy started going downhill. moving into a bigger building allowed us to produce more parts quicker and more efficiently and had to be done. we are doing fine and wont be going anywhere and i ask any of you if you start here these rumors again feel free to give us a call and you'll see we are still here and we aren't going anywhere. and if anybody is in the area feel free to stop by and we can show you around the shop and you can see for yourself that we are up and running strong.

brian76708
02-04-2009, 01:32 PM
Well its good to see that somebody bought Leager and they will eventually be up and running again. LSR had no choice but to move into a bigger facility and we did this before the economy started going downhill. moving into a bigger building allowed us to produce more parts quicker and more efficiently and had to be done. we are doing fine and wont be going anywhere and i ask any of you if you start here these rumors again feel free to give us a call and you'll see we are still here and we aren't going anywhere. and if anybody is in the area feel free to stop by and we can show you around the shop and you can see for yourself that we are up and running strong. '

so does this mean a forum discount ;)

TWISTED
02-04-2009, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by #88yfz
Finally got through to laeger's today, they only shut down for the winter months in will be opening back up this spring so glad to hear that.

snicker snicker

QuadJunkies
02-05-2009, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by 05LSR250R
Couldnt have said it better .

trx310R#24
02-05-2009, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by D Bergstrom

Doug

i think arms, swinger arms are priced fair but them shocks hell no. i know for 110% fact they don't need to charge what they charge.... look back a few years... supply an demand i guess...

godzilla
02-05-2009, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by trx310R#24
i think arms, swinger arms are priced fair but them shocks hell no. i know for 110% fact they don't need to charge what they charge.... look back a few years... supply an demand i guess...

What makes you think is is cheaper in terms of R&D to manufacture shocks than an a-arm or swing arm? and then there is cost of materials, and all of the above that has already been mentioned. Your dillusional if you think building a quality shock is cheap to build.

extremeblastr
02-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by godzilla
What makes you think is is cheaper in terms of R&D to manufacture shocks than an a-arm or swing arm? and then there is cost of materials, and all of the above that has already been mentioned. Your dillusional if you think building a quality shock is cheap to build.

explain to me how it makes sense to you that we're paying the same price for a shock as a stadium truck?

quad59
02-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Stadium truck shocks are off the shelf based on vehicle make and type of truck they are easier to mass produce. Most people order custom shocks based on rider weight,bike weight,a-arms used,swingarm used,rim offset,type of riding (mx,sand,gncc,trails) and they are made to exact specs plus or minus 15 lbs of weight. You can buy affordable atv shocks off the shelf from works or elkas from motosport. You get what you pay for though. How many a-arm configurations do you think a shock maker has to design specs for, not to mention every brand of quad.

extremeblastr
02-05-2009, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by quad59
Stadium truck shocks are off the shelf based on vehicle make and type of truck they are easier to mass produce. Most people order custom shocks based on rider weight,bike weight,a-arms used,swingarm used,rim offset,type of riding (mx,sand,gncc,trails) and they are made to exact specs plus or minus 15 lbs of weight. You can buy affordable atv shocks off the shelf from works or elkas from motosport. You get what you pay for though. How many a-arm configurations do you think a shock maker has to design specs for, not to mention every brand of quad.

you would be very surprised to find out how many options there are in a top level truck shock, they are built the same way, the point is that the technology is already out there and we are only paying so much because there are limited options for top level providers in our industry as far as shocks go.

05LSR250R
02-05-2009, 10:13 AM
I'll re-iterate the same thing about shocks!!! R&D my friend!! It takes an enormous amount of money and time!!!! The trick is to not buy a shock that you cant use to its full potential. I've seen guys buy $1800.00 front shocks only to trail ride at a leisurely pace. Dont buy more than you need to.