PDA

View Full Version : please help!! rev box for a trx 450r??

chevys&honda$
01-30-2009, 05:48 PM
is a rev box a good idea or bad idea? do they even do anything? or is it just hipe? my bike is 07 trx 450er it is dyno jetted with lid on and a lexx mxe slip-on pipe

stcblack450r
01-30-2009, 09:31 PM
i would never put an aftermarket rev box on my 450r because i think it would do more harm then good. i'm sure dyno tests will prove they make more power but it's not something i would mess around with. but that's just my opinion

smw450r
01-30-2009, 09:34 PM
you could do it, but i really wouldn't recommend it untill you get a motor built that can handle it, that's when you would get the most out of it

soyo
01-30-2009, 10:12 PM
replied in your other thread!

chevys&honda$
01-30-2009, 10:52 PM
thanks, bad idea then! got it, i go to the oregon dunes alot and have seen at least 6 or 7 yfz's and trx's get blown up and most guys said it was because of there after market rev box, some times i will just watch people, and stupid people dont even shift untill there bike hits the limit thats got to be bad for the engine hiting the limit like that all the time

maddmatt02
01-31-2009, 09:13 AM
does anyone know if it is actually the engine istself that shouldnt spin faster? or is the engine design just not make any power after those rpms in stock form, I had a mustang that was the same body style as the next 3 years in that lineup, that made almost 50hp less than the next 3 years. and from reading a few things it sounded like it was the same engine with reddesigned heads. anything after 5500 youd just be making noise, not power, so thats where my limit was. my friends mom had the newer one and Im pretty sure her limit was a bit higher than mine.