PDA

View Full Version : testing

SMS
01-29-2009, 11:40 PM
I am running out of test and different ideas for the mini quads. If any of you have suggestions of test you would like to see, I would love to know. I will be doing some more 70cc and 90cc drr testing in the next few weeks. Most of what I have going on is porting testing and cylinder kit testing. I'am trying to get the best cylinder porting out there by testing different port hieghts to make the best power and torque usable for each type of riding.
If you have any porting comments or test you would like to try let me know or post your idea please.

hotquads1
01-31-2009, 08:53 AM
Hi Shawn, have you ever tested (dyno) fuels, mainly oxygenated, just wondered what the results would be.
marc

dericsdad
01-31-2009, 05:34 PM
YES YES YES!!! Please do a dyno test of a couple different fuels!!

Be sure to rejet with each fuel to get the perfect plug reading.

I would be interest in V-P U2 unleaded,
Versus Turbo Blue 110 Leaded.
Also How about the Sunoco 110 Unleaded if have access.

One definite plus to unleaded is no lead build up in the ring grooves and on top of the piston... and less fouled plugs.

But can you truly make more power with the Oxygenated race fuels???

bradley300
01-31-2009, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by dericsdad

But can you truly make more power with the Oxygenated race fuels???

yes, your adding oxygen just like you would be if you took off your airbox lid, got a aftermarket filter or whatever. more oxygen is more power. you will use more fuel tho, b/c there is less feul in a gallon b/c more of that gallon of liquid is oxygen taking up space

ww228king
01-31-2009, 08:32 PM
that is what i was wondering a few weeks ago in another thread.... run dynos with different fuels... and also.... I should not be telling some of my secrets, but try to put a gallon of fuel in the freezer over night and test it ... for some reason my son's quads has alway felt more crisp and quicker throttle response with cold gas... and that is with 93 mixed with 110 leaded...50/50 I only pour in a half gallon per each moto and keep it on a cooler of ice...
My next project was to add one of those mini fuel coolers on the quad right in front of the radiator and run his 40 degree gas ...let us know what you find out..

backinsaddle
01-31-2009, 10:02 PM
keep your fuel cool:

http://www.raceprousa.com/

ww228king
01-31-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by backinsaddle
keep your fuel cool:

http://www.raceprousa.com/
I had checked into that one time and I figured that a half gallon milk jug in the cooler of ice would be cheaper...lol but yeah, want to see if the cool gas thing is really true or a myth... I want to know if i have been lying to myself all these years of putting my half gallon milk jug of gas in the cooler of ice before each moto...lol

backinsaddle
02-01-2009, 12:51 PM
I've never dynoed it...but simple chemistry suggests the cooler any mass is the more condensed it is, containing more molecules. I would assume the same would apply to fuel. i know running our snowmobiles in the winter, the colder the day the better they ran (air is more condensed and holds more oxygen molecules). I suspect the gains from cool fuel are marginal, but I'd bet they add a small %

bradley300
02-01-2009, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by backinsaddle
I've never dynoed it...but simple chemistry suggests the cooler any mass is the more condensed it is, containing more molecules. I would assume the same would apply to fuel. i know running our snowmobiles in the winter, the colder the day the better they ran (air is more condensed and holds more oxygen molecules). I suspect the gains from cool fuel are marginal, but I'd bet they add a small %

cool air is more dense, so you get more air in the same amount of space. more air is more power

jetmedic
02-02-2009, 05:47 AM
Cooler air=more power yes. Cooler fuel maybe a minute gain. your carb is a venturi as air flows through your carb is speeds up thus reducing pressure and temp as it passes through. with the small amount of fuel the actually goes into the airstream on these small engines it shouldnt make a huge difference. On larger engines yes. On hot humid days i have seen water droplets on the outside of the intake manifold.

ww228king
02-02-2009, 05:54 AM
Welllll...... i guess we need the DYNO runs on this colder fuel to close this myth...lol
We can assume all day.... let's see the pudding!!!
:devil: